Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-14-2013, 04:27 PM   #196
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oh right! Also had Alice dry enough for the first time in a week to put the rainguards that I got for christmas on! Im sure anyone in the northeast knows it has been moist as hell out lately. Personally, I like the look better without them. They dont look terrible, but they certainly fix the problem of rain pouring in off the soft top. Awesome.

Also, it seems the bumper did lower the front suspension a bit. I once again forgot to take a before measurement, but estimate it to be no more than 1/2". The curry springs actually gave me 4.5" anyway so im still good!

[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #197
bertaman80
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I like the name of your Jeep. Mines the Robicon I should probablky start a build thread on it also but I am lazy....lol. Keep up the good work!
robicon-2013.jpg  
bertaman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #198
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertaman80 View Post
I like the name of your Jeep. Mines the Robicon I should probablky start a build thread on it also but I am lazy....lol. Keep up the good work!
Thank you! I like yours as well. I have never really understood the half doors. All or nothing in my book- but the tan and black looks really sharp. Nicely done.

Unread 01-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #199
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I also forgot to mention that I did have difficulty getting the license plate on. I put the fairlead on first which made this whole process more difficult. Either way, my license plate was just a hair too big to sit flush between the custom welded fairlead mount. No worries! Just brought out a grinder and took a little off the edges.

I have to switch my plates over to CT sometime soon anyway. I think I will try to rig my own license plate fairlead cover. Perhaps.

Unread 01-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #200
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I also forgot to mention that I did have difficulty getting the license plate on. I put the fairlead on first which made this whole process more difficult. Either way, my license plate was just a hair too big to sit flush between the custom welded fairlead mount. No worries! Just brought out a grinder and took a little off the edges.

I have to switch my plates over to CT sometime soon anyway. I think I will try to rig my own license plate fairlead cover. Perhaps.
Try this.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/h...-mount-694948/
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #201
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Thank you so much for the tip! I cant stand non-progress, but I have to save money for vacation next month so im trying to find little projects.

Unread 01-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #202
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Thank you so much for the tip! I cant stand non-progress, but I have to save money for vacation next month so im trying to find little projects.
Your welcome.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:16 AM   #203
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So today, I overheard my roommate on the phone telling his boss he was coming in late because his girlfriend couldn't make it all the way in and he was waiting until the roads were clear.

I then overheard the boss yelling back " YOU LIVE WITH KATE. SHE DRIVES... A TANK".

Workplace win.

Unread 01-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #204
greyghost79

That is the bad thing about driving a 4x4 --- no more "snow" days.

Been following the thread I like what you are doing.....especially the fact you are doing it! Keep up the good work!
greyghost79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 06:45 AM   #205
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyghost79 View Post
That is the bad thing about driving a 4x4 --- no more "snow" days.

Been following the thread I like what you are doing.....especially the fact you are doing it! Keep up the good work!
I don't mind going into work even if its snowy. I am one of the few lucky enough to absolutely love my job and who I work with. However, I think my roommates are much less thrilled to now have no excuse. Its a small company so everyone knows they live with me and I drive Alice.

Thank you very much! I pride myself on coming into this 6 months ago not knowing much more than a damn about cars. A lot of research, a lot of jeepforum a lot of youtube and a lot of frustration later I think I have learned a considerable amount about TJs and I cant wait to learn more. Especially when I get to the welding and fabricating fun.

Unread 01-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #206
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Also- just for an update... there won't be any major changes this month. This is the first time that I hit high school that I will be able to go to my grandparents Florida timeshares with my family.

Ill be going with my grandparents, mother, uncle, aunt and 5 cousins ranging from 4-17. As the only person in my family who is able to afford to have a good vacation I am using up my entire month's salary to fly my mom down, and take all the kids out for fun and adventures and take the family out to dinner.

P.S. did you know a f*ckin kids admission to seaworld is well over $100?!?! THATS MADNESS. Who the hell can afford that with more than one kid, nevermind 5.

As much as I would LOVE a pair of rock sliders and a new rear bumper- family comes first and I am happy to be in the position to give the kids a vacation they wont forget.

So, progress will be slow until February- especially since it is even too cold to do all of the little things that I want to do. Hopefully I can get at least one run in this month. Gotta christen that new bumper and winch. Maybe Ill see about hitting the trail after work with a buddy.

Unread 01-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #207
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Heres an update. Alices power steering and gas went on the highway. Managed to pull off and call a buddy with a trailer. I think its the fuel pump. It turns over but sputters and quits. Any thoughts?

Unread 01-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #208
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

This is as far as I made it off the highway. Had my first real use for the winch though. Got it up on a trailer, gotta find a good shop to take it to. Dont have the garage space or time to figure out what it is and learn how to fix it this weekend.

forumrunner_20130119_200914.jpg

forumrunner_20130119_200941.jpg

Unread 01-20-2013, 05:24 AM   #209
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

You lost your power steering pump and possible fuel pump? One test you can do is put the key in the ignition and turn it to run you should hear the pump energize if it isn't then either you not getting power to the pump or the pump is dead. Check your fuel pump relay under the hood on you fuse box. The relay allows power to be sent to the pump. If that checks out and you have to change your fuel pump I would go ahead and still change the relay because if the pump has been dragging it down that will go out on you too. The one good thing is you will get a new fuel system minus the injectors. Hope it all works out for you and sorry to hear that. My computer went on my old Yj in traffic once not fun.
Unread 01-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #210
rogerv

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Breaking down on the side of the road is no fun, but then again you're in a jeep so it's ok

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.