Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 139 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-24-2013, 08:20 PM   #2071
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post

That it has. It's to bad I'm awaiting parts and can't take advantage of the weather. With my luck when I start working on the Jeep again the Heat will return.
I'll send you my shipping luck. I just bought myself some quick mirrors and door entry guards and can't wait. Tyler convinced me to take the doors off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearRedneck View Post
Kate,

Thanks for making the Interwebz a more interesting place. I really enjoy the mix of technical talk and friendly banter. It reads like a really cool neighborhood garage.

Also, I'm from Tennessee; if the catfish ain't swimming past you then it's not really humid.
Awww, thanks bud. I am glad you have enjoyed it! You are welcome to participate in the friendly banter anytime! Where are you in TN? I have family down in Gatlinburg. Certainly no place I want to be in a heat wave again. I went down to visit once in August once... BIG mistake. Although - at least compared to my experience TN is usually much drier than MA in a heatwave. Hotter- but less "visibility is down to < 1/4" due to humidity" But the bugs are killer.

[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #2072
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ok- so I got the flush & fill done yesterday. Piece of cake. While I was waiting for the flushes, I attempted to do the whole "swap your sun visors so that the unsightly safety stickers don't show" trick. When they were swapped I couldn't get them to fold up right. Then I got frustrated and tried hitting them with some krylon. Well - the stickers have a hydrophobic surface and just after I got both of them nicely painted the surface tension took affect and everything BUT the stickers were coated nicely. So I dumped solvent on them and cleaned them off... accepted my defeat and put them back on.

In addition.... guess what happened to work their way off with the help of a 2x4 and a Canadian?!? Its going to take a bit of getting used to because I have a habit of leaning on the door when I drive but I absolutely love it. Quick mirrors and door entry guards are in the mail.

Unread 07-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #2073
mudn_MI_rubi
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Put your foot on the door sill and your arm on your knee, voila instant armrest. I promise it doesn't take long to adapt to doors off mode. Problem is (like most things jeep related) it's addictive, I'm upset when the top and doors HAVE to go back on.
mudn_MI_rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #2074
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudn_MI_rubi View Post
Put your foot on the door sill and your arm on your knee, voila instant armrest. I promise it doesn't take long to adapt to doors off mode. Problem is (like most things jeep related) it's addictive, I'm upset when the top and doors HAVE to go back on.
I have already perfected the posture. Problem is - most of my daily driving isnt straight highway so more often than not my foot needs to be over the clutch. I am sure I will get used to it rather quick. I LOVE being able to see the position of both of my wheels.

AND... once I finally get my sliders on I will have a nice foot perch as well.

Unread 07-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #2075
NuclearRedneck
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I'll send you my shipping luck. I just bought myself some quick mirrors and door entry guards and can't wait. Tyler convinced me to take the doors off.

Awww, thanks bud. I am glad you have enjoyed it! You are welcome to participate in the friendly banter anytime! Where are you in TN? I have family down in Gatlinburg. Certainly no place I want to be in a heat wave again. I went down to visit once in August once... BIG mistake. Although - at least compared to my experience TN is usually much drier than MA in a heatwave. Hotter- but less "visibility is down to < 1/4" due to humidity" But the bugs are killer.
I said I'm from TN; thanks to Uncle Sam I live in San Diego. It was 68 on the drive to work this morning. Had a heck of a heatwave last week, though, damn near broke 80 degrees.
NuclearRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #2076
USMCHarleyJeepG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

nice build
USMCHarleyJeepG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #2077
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearRedneck View Post
I said I'm from TN; thanks to Uncle Sam I live in San Diego. It was 68 on the drive to work this morning. Had a heck of a heatwave last week, though, damn near broke 80 degrees.
Ah, my mistake! I didn't notice your location when I replied. That weather seems much better than here. Though, I wouldn't give up my New England autumns for much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCHarleyJeepG View Post
nice build
Thanks a lot! I think she is coming along nicely. Long way to go though...

Unread 07-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #2078
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So.... Alice bit me at the beach today. So we had to go through the mile and a half of crawling traffic leaving the beach to go get some liquid bandage.

I finally experimented with the 4l trick for avoiding the clutch in such situations so I could hang my foot out the lack-of-door. Then I let this cool guy in a jk get in front of me. He had a bumper sticker that read " when it absolutely, positively must be destroyed overnight". I think it was worth it.

Unread 07-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #2079
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You went to the beach and didn't invite me!?

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #2080
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You went to the beach and didn't invite me!?
Liz and I needed some alone time to be complete and stupid *******s for a weekend. Plus we are accompanied with her darling little Jewish mother.

Unread 07-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #2081
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Liz and I needed some alone time to be complete and stupid *******s for a weekend. Plus we are accompanied with her darling little Jewish mother.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 07-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #2082
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just got back from the beach trip a couple hours ago. Deservingly hungover but there are 2 good things - we left at 6am so the light traffic was moving. Had cruise control set on 78 for the better part of 2 hours. Flush and fill fixed Alice right up. Running calm and cool again. Even with the carpets out there wasn't nearly the heat coming through. The only bad thing is it solidifies my theory that my temp gauge is stuck at 210. Second good thing is now that the carpet and back seat is out I can just hose out all the sand.

I'm hoping that with a nap I'll feel good enough to run to Lowes and/or sears to get a hole saw to get my sliders on. Perhaps buy or get the stuff to build a decent work bench and also get the stuff to start chipping away at the prep work to get the monstaliner down while its still humid. Fun fact I don't remember if I mentioned - the mostaliner is a moisture/ dual part activated methacrylate based coating. Very similar to some of the stuff I make and I find that fascinating. I'm probably more excited about it than I should be.

I hope everyone has had a weekend as fantastic as mine and I wish anyone working out in the garage or driveway the best of luck today. May no rusty bolt be a nuisance.

Unread 07-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #2083
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hey - what do you guys think of hood vents? I have a design in mind. I have half a mind to draw up a design and call the fabricator I call at work and see how feasible it would be to do it that way. Not that the manufactured ones are terribly expensive... but none of them are incredibly visually striking.

Unread 07-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #2084
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey - what do you guys think of hood vents?
I've been debating on getting some for myself.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
Unread 07-28-2013, 02:56 PM   #2085
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I've been debating on getting some for myself.
Yep. I figure even though she is running much cooler a little ventilation can only help. Especially wheeling. I have a design in mind to keep in line with Alice's slick geometric theme.

Also - I have made plans with my dad to start on my custom wooden storage box. I am so excited. Its going to be such an unexpected juxtapose.

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.