Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 132 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 06-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #1966
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

No bad thoughts about getting a loud pedal. Won't get very many performance gains on a real dyno, but the butt and ears notice

Unread 06-26-2013, 07:42 AM   #1967
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWV247 View Post
You really think the sahara cover is rare and worth big bucks? You can still buy them new from mopar. Yours has been on the back of your jeep for 8 years in the weather. Id take that $300 and use it for another upgrade. Seems like a lot of talking on here and no enough photos
Its not the regular sahara cover - its the limited edition one. Only 1000 were made and they were not manufactured by mopar. That's the only reason why I am thinking to hang onto it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98 View Post
X2 New England humidity sucks the big one! Although I just finished up my SYE and 8.8 swap outside in this crap so Im sure you can knock a few things off that list lol Any CT wheelin trips planned?
My god. Props to you bro. I belong in Canada - anything over 85 and I just start to hate everything about life. Im that wierdo that hates summer and doesn't wear jackets in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
No bad thoughts about getting a loud pedal. Won't get very many performance gains on a real dyno, but the butt and ears notice
Exactly - I know there isnt much I can do to increase my performance.... but the stock one looks icky and rusty and I like me some loud trucks.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #1968
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Exactly - I know there isnt much I can do to increase my performance.... but the stock one looks icky and rusty and I like me some loud trucks.
I picture you removing the back seat and getting smoke stacks custom made
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:51 AM   #1969
MWV247
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I know its the rare edition from the movie Sahara. Its not hard to find. They were $100 new and you can still get them. Try jeepsareus:
Mopar Part 5175336AA COVER KIT

Item# 5175336AA

$99.61

Its actually on sale at a few places for $88.00

Anyways the wheels arent rare anymore either since you can buy the brand new saharaclone wheels from quadratec.
MWV247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:00 AM   #1970
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
My god. Props to you bro. I belong in Canada - anything over 85 and I just start to hate everything about life. Im that wierdo that hates summer and doesn't wear jackets in the winter.

I hear ya, I was mother Fing every little thing that i got held up on but I had no other choice but to finish. And Im the same way, Ill take cold over hot any day! You can always throw on another hoodie or blanket, you can only take so much off lol
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #1971
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I hear ya, I was mother Fing every little thing that i got held up on but I had no other choice but to finish. And Im the same way, Ill take cold over hot any day! You can always throw on another hoodie or blanket, you can only take so much off lol
Idk, I'd rather smack a warm hand on metal than a cold hand on metal
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #1972
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

My hands get all torn up though whether its hot or cold. Mechanix gloves are nice for those really cold days along with a propane heater lol I hate being all sweaty, rolling under the jeep and being coated in dirt and w.e else is on the ground. And I cant stand getting sweat in my eyes. The only plus to working on the jeep in the summer is you get sunlight till like 830pm
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #1973
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I vote the ct posse rents out a heated garage
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #1974
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWV247 View Post
I know its the rare edition from the movie Sahara. Its not hard to find. They were $100 new and you can still get them. Try jeepsareus:
Mopar Part 5175336AA COVER KIT

Item# 5175336AA

$99.61

Its actually on sale at a few places for $88.00

Anyways the wheels arent rare anymore either since you can buy the brand new saharaclone wheels from quadratec.
Hmmm... interesting. I will have to put some thought into this.

Quote:
Agreed. One can only be so naked. Seeing as its my default setting - there isn't much room to get any cooler.

Quote:
Idk, I'd rather smack a warm hand on metal than a cold hand on metal
.... this..... this reminds me of batting practice on a cold spring afternoon. The pain still resonates in my brain.

Quote:
My hands get all torn up though whether its hot or cold. Mechanix gloves are nice for those really cold days along with a propane heater lol I hate being all sweaty, rolling under the jeep and being coated in dirt and w.e else is on the ground. And I cant stand getting sweat in my eyes. The only plus to working on the jeep in the summer is you get sunlight till like 830pm
Solution: Buy spot lamp and move to the arctic circle.

Quote:
I vote the ct posse rents out a heated garage
Just come over here! My garage is about 130F. Heat isnt the issue for me. I have been plotting to jerry-rig a swamp cooler for the garage.

Unread 06-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #1975
Sundowner
Scourge of Monkeys

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Bedline the tub - researching compounds now. Anyone have a preferred brand or method of application? I am leaning towards roll-on, but I am not opposed to investing in a compressor either.
Al's Liner is the best that I've personally seen. Also, you're not going to get much performance or impressive noise out of an exhaust on a stock engine; if you're replacing it due to rust, by all means, proceed.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #1976
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I picture you removing the back seat and getting smoke stacks custom made
Thats for the truck next year, silly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Al's Liner is the best that I've personally seen. Also, you're not going to get much performance or impressive noise out of an exhaust on a stock engine; if you're replacing it due to rust, by all means, proceed.
Its a combination of unsightly rust and improving the sound a bit. Mostly- just because I want it. One would think I have a size complex or something....

But it certainly takes a back seat to more practical things like a tummy tuck.

Also- I had looked at Al's, but I preferred the Monstaliner simply because it doesn't have rubber solids as a filler. I am looking for a UV resistant liner. This means NO rubber fillers which can deteriorate over time with sun exposure.

Unread 06-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #1977
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ok - So I did some more research and I went for the Monstaliner. I wasn't opposed to investing in a compressor and using a spray-on method.... but my adhesives and coatings senses were tingling on this one. As far as chemistry goes - it looked to be the most resistant and effective for my uses and it still fit in my budget.

It was $160 for the 1 gallon kit, tint, application kit and a quart of chassis saver sent to my door. This should be a fun project!

Also- I had mentioned that one of my buddies got that red JK ( he is who will be doing the bedliner project with me). Well another one just got a nearly identical one. Looks like the bug is really catching on.

Edit: I also forgot to mention... I have me some sweet new door-limiting straps. My doors opened too far with the stock ones- I was always catching it with my foot to prevent hitting nearby cars. So- I got some paracord and decided to make my own while I was sitting with Liz when she was finishing up her 8hr tattoo this weekend. I also started to experiement with a double-width band for my door handles so they could be all matchy but I am not so sure that I have the patience to get that one to come out right. Ill take pics when I get them on! I swear!

Unread 06-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #1978
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
...anything over 85 and I just start to hate everything about life. Im that wierdo that hates summer and doesn't wear jackets in the winter.
For a second there I thought you were describing me!

Quote:
I will take the arizona 115 any day over a new england 85.
I've got a friend at DM AFB in AZ that keeps complaining about the heat, and I tell him the same thing.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #1979
mncdriver
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Humid, you can cut it with a knife here. 90* and 90% humidity. It will be that way until September. I cant wait until fall!
mncdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #1980
H3lzsn1p3r

loud exhaust is always my first upgrade I make custom exhausts with my pipe bender
here is my jeep with the 4L it sounds like a non turbo diesel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VJNKwRP_y4
H3lzsn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.