Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 105 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 04-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #1561
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinktinkTJ View Post

I see nothing wrong with that plan. I bought a bike with my tax return, you won't regret it.
All the convincing I need!

Plus - I'm taking the class with two workers. Points to the person who comes up with the wittiest glue factory biker game name. Best I have is the Thixotropes and that is FAR too nerdy.

[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 08:33 PM   #1562
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Uhg.... I've been on bikes since I was a kid, and have had at least 10 street bikes as an adult. NEVER have I been around or exposed to more death or injuries than when I was riding street bikes with a crew. Sorry Kate I ALWAYS try to talk my friends out of riding on the street, the main reason is that once you start...... you will always want to have a bike. And it's not if you'll go down, it's when. I have the barbed wire scars all along my beltline to prove that..... oh and brand new wrecked Ducati. You're a big girl so obviously you've decided you want to ride and I respect that. I just hope to make you think about what I've said before every ride to keep you focused. I'm on about a 6 months not having a bike. And it's honestly like being "on the wagon", I just fought off the extreme desire to buy another bike...... it's really hard. Now having said that! What kind of bikes are thinking about???? Probably a cruiser??? HD?? Bleh!

This was my absolute baby after I rebuilt her after wadding her up!

This one I REALLY miss...... at the drag strip

Best all around Litre bike ever made.... miss this one badly.

gst95dsm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:07 PM   #1563
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Cyanoacrylate would be a super name
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 05:21 AM   #1564
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My thoughts on why I don't have any desire to get a bike.
  • I have a Jeep.
Unread 04-26-2013, 05:57 AM   #1565
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Uhg.... I've been on bikes since I was a kid, and have had at least 10 street bikes as an adult. NEVER have I been around or exposed to more death or injuries than when I was riding street bikes with a crew. Sorry Kate I ALWAYS try to talk my friends out of riding on the street, the main reason is that once you start...... you will always want to have a bike. And it's not if you'll go down, it's when. I have the barbed wire scars all along my beltline to prove that..... oh and brand new wrecked Ducati. You're a big girl so obviously you've decided you want to ride and I respect that. I just hope to make you think about what I've said before every ride to keep you focused. I'm on about a 6 months not having a bike. And it's honestly like being "on the wagon", I just fought off the extreme desire to buy another bike...... it's really hard. Now having said that! What kind of bikes are thinking about???? Probably a cruiser??? HD?? Bleh!

This was my absolute baby after I rebuilt her after wadding her up!

This one I REALLY miss...... at the drag strip

Best all around Litre bike ever made.... miss this one badly.

Yeah - trust me, I have put a lot of thought into this. For a while I decided to not go with the bike altogether and just save up for the pickup.

My dad's side of the family were all avid HD riders - so I grew up knowing the risk. One of my grandfather's good friends and my grandmothers brother both died in motorcycle accidents.

However, I have weighed the risk and reward and I still just have the worst urge to start looking for a used sportster or something. Historically- I have been very adamant about only owning a Harley. However, I think my pickiness has subsided and I am just looking for a smaller kick around bike that I can pay cash for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
Cyanoacrylate would be a super name
Thats actually highly relevant. 80% of our stuff has a cyanoacrylate backbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
My thoughts on why I don't have any desire to get a bike.
  • I have a Jeep.
Thoughts on why I will never have a savings account.
* I also has a Jeep
* I want a truck
*I want a bike
*I want a boat

Unread 04-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #1566
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yep its hard to save when you have and want other toys. I just dropped 2,100 on Black Widow the the day before yesterday for a torque converter and clutch packs.
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #1567
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here is my second toy that takes some of my money as well though not as much as the Jeep has for sure. The wifey tells me I should sell it being I don't ride it much except in the summer.
16191272_large.jpg  
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #1568
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
Yep its hard to save when you have and want other toys. I just dropped 2,100 on Black Widow the the day before yesterday for a torque converter and clutch packs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
Here is my second toy that takes some of my money as well though not as much as the Jeep has for sure. The wifey tells me I should sell it being I don't ride it much except in the summer.
... you are trying to make this more difficult for me, aren't you?

Unread 04-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #1569
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

Nah lol. I know its hard though to save money when you have to fix things that break and when you just want to get something for yourself every now and then.
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #1570
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday

I completed the motorcycle training class and I might even have a bike lined up to buy.

In Jeep news- Alice is back to normal. Rear driveshaft is back in. I am thinking instead of an install issue could it be that the pinion angle is just causing too much stress on the joints? I had read frequently that the unlimiteds don't need a pinion angle adjustment with lifts of 4" and less - but if it makes it any less than optimal I would think it would be causing extra stress that doesn't need to be there.

Probably not tonight - but the rear bumper and possibly even soft top will be going on after work sometime this week. Then I need to figure out what my plan is for how and when to get my sliders on.

Unread 04-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #1571
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
In Jeep news- Alice is back to normal. Rear driveshaft is back in. I am thinking instead of an install issue could it be that the pinion angle is just causing too much stress on the joints? I had read frequently that the unlimiteds don't need a pinion angle adjustment with lifts of 4" and less - but if it makes it any less than optimal I would think it would be causing extra stress that doesn't need to be there.
I really wouldn't think that you would be having a pinion angle problem, but I have been known to make mistakes...from time to time.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #1572
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
I really wouldn't think that you would be having a pinion angle problem, but I have been known to make mistakes...from time to time.
I certainly hope you are right! I am going to drive it for a month - take it easy and hope that the problem doesnt arise again. Hope it was just an install fluke versus a systemic problem.

I also forgot to include the fact that my front axle is definitely not geared differently. I was just driving it different because I was afraid of being too hard on it in FWD. Psychological re-gear if you will.

Unread 04-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #1573
roots
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundowner View Post
i really wouldn't think that you would be having a pinion angle problem, but i have been known to make mistakes...from time to time.
c3po?
roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:54 AM   #1574
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roots View Post
c3po?
Give the man a cupie doll.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #1575
H3lzsn1p3r

I don't remember 100% but the rear has adjustable caster right?
H3lzsn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.