Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 103 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 04-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #1531
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Sorry Beasley- I have just been fully converted to the dark side.

TIL: A chrome grill will reflect an astonishing amount of light back when driving behind a Charger with a full rear LED light bar to the driver of said chome-grilled Jeep. I don't even think that made sense - but my brain is scrambling to restore vision still.....
I figured it out after reading it a few times... Once you go black, you never go back!

Unread 04-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #1532
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

After filing for an extention and fighting with my school to get the correct W-2 sent to the correct address- I just attempted to do them myself. However, I think the witholdings may have been a little messed up and it looks like I might even come out owing Massachusetts - even though I didnt work there at all this year. I am hoping that's not the case, so I am going to bite the bullet and take my **** down to H&R block and see if I am missing something.

Cross your fingers that I am and I will be getting some sort of refund. I had my heart set on a sound system...
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #1533
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
After filing for an extention and fighting with my school to get the correct W-2 sent to the correct address- I just attempted to do them myself. However, I think the witholdings may have been a little messed up and it looks like I might even come out owing Massachusetts - even though I didnt work there at all this year. I am hoping that's not the case, so I am going to bite the bullet and take my **** down to H&R block and see if I am missing something.

Cross your fingers that I am and I will be getting some sort of refund. I had my heart set on a sound system...
Good luck! I'm always ****ed on taxes. This year we broke even. I haven't seen a refund in over 6 years. I hate it because I know alot of people who just keep popping out kids, pay very little in taxes and get HUGE refunds over 5k. How can you possibly get more back than you put in? The system is very flawed.
Unread 04-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #1534
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I will have to read through your build but I seen your posts in sundowners thread. You have a Rubicon sahara LJ? Lucky dog! I havent even seen one in real life and here in utah rubicon letters, on an LJ, are made of gold or something cuz I have looked at a few with prices near what a new JK is.
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:37 PM   #1535
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post

Good luck! I'm always ****ed on taxes. This year we broke even. I haven't seen a refund in over 6 years. I hate it because I know alot of people who just keep popping out kids, pay very little in taxes and get HUGE refunds over 5k. How can you possibly get more back than you put in? The system is very flawed.
.... all I can say is indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balzer View Post
I will have to read through your build but I seen your posts in sundowners thread. You have a Rubicon sahara LJ? Lucky dog! I havent even seen one in real life and here in utah rubicon letters, on an LJ, are made of gold or something cuz I have looked at a few with prices near what a new JK is.
Welcome! The more I have learned about Jeeps - the more I realized how much I truly lucked out getting Alice.

Unread 04-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #1536
143DAD

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
As small business, not but so small, business owner I'm going to guess that most Tax payers have no idea how the system works.
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #1537
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 143DAD View Post
As small business, not but so small, business owner I'm going to guess that most Tax payers have no idea how the system works.
Preach on brother !
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #1538
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 143DAD View Post
Indeed! Myself included. I just try to have them take enough so I don't owe. Beyond that I have no idea really.
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #1539
olysteve
2005 TJ Wrangler 

+1 vote for buying craftsman for hand tools. I have the harbor freight 6 ton jack stands and mid range angle grinder. IMO it's be really hard for them to mess up making a jack stand, and for the price I can buy 3 angle grinders and break even on the price of a makita. (there's a hidden joke about the "mid range" angle grinder, you'll get it when you look at them)

I hope all went well with getting your taxes done. Saying that the system there is broken is massively understating the issue.
olysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #1540
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I got a good 200+ piece craftsmen set and a good torque wrench. Still need a few power tools and jacks.

In other horrible news - squeaking is back. Only slightly and only occasionally - but i heard it. It honestly sounds like another u-joint.... but they are all new!!!!! Wtf?!

Unread 04-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #1541
balzer
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Im going back to the RoD, you people are talking about the scariest stuff ever invented............. TAXES! (cue psycho sound effect)
Unread 04-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #1542
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So the squeaking sounds like its coming - again - from the skid plate area. Only in 2nd or 3rd and it seems to only occur going up hill. So far. Could it be anything other than one of the new U-joints not being properly functional?

Unread 04-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #1543
H3lzsn1p3r

may be trans mount wet between steel and rubber
H3lzsn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #1544
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3lzsn1p3r View Post
may be trans mount wet between steel and rubber
I took a quick peek at it when I got back from my lunch break. I couldnt see - but it felt like a clip was missing on one of the rear driveshaft U-joints. Could that be possibly causing the sound?

Unread 04-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #1545
H3lzsn1p3r

a clip missing would move the cap causing a vibe not a squeak
H3lzsn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.