Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 102 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 04-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #1516
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have a Harbor Freight near you? Good place for Jack stands and Jacks, inexpensive Torx, sockets..... pretty much cheap tool heaven. The only tools I usualy buy at Depot would be power tools.... like the drill. Your best friend is going to be the 4.5 inch angle grinder eventually..... so get one of those.

Unread 04-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #1517
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Do you have a Harbor Freight near you?
I believe there is one in Hartford
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #1518
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Is this close???

Harbor Freight Tools
650 Wolcott St #1, Waterbury, CT
Mattatuck Plaza
(203) 596-3567 ‎
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #1519
H3lzsn1p3r

those prices are good pick em up make sure its a 3 ton jack for the height
H3lzsn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #1520
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Eng View Post
Woke up to about 4 -6" of snow this morning. What the **** Colorado? Where was this 2 months ago?? Also, I finally got my TJ, which of course is the only Jeep in the parking lot where I live.
So jealous. There are still a few stray piles of snow here but they are few and far between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3lzsn1p3r View Post

I was meaning the doors take em off no need for doors
I can't see where you are from on my phone but its still below 40 when I leave for work. While I can deal on the short trip to work from my place - its well over an hour from Liz's. Little too chilly at 75mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post

I just ordered this myself

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N35JI2/..._26725410_item

I'm not sure about the prices on the rest because I inherited a lot of tools from my grandfather. Just make sure you get a lifetime warranty, I'd say.
Yep - my buddy may have convinced me to go craftsman and do it right for life.

Quote:
Do you have a Harbor Freight near you? Good place for Jack stands and Jacks, inexpensive Torx, sockets..... pretty much cheap tool heaven. The only tools I usualy buy at Depot would be power tools.... like the drill. Your best friend is going to be the 4.5 inch angle grinder eventually..... so get one of those.
I'll definitely check it out - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post

I believe there is one in Hartford
Quote:
Is this close???

Harbor Freight Tools
650 Wolcott St #1, Waterbury, CT
Mattatuck Plaza
(203) 596-3567 ‎
You know me man - 3 hours away is still close

Quote:
those prices are good pick em up make sure its a 3 ton jack for the height
Will do. Don't want to be fooling around with 2x4s all the time.
[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #1521
H3lzsn1p3r

up here in Canada as soon as the snow is gone and its above 32f the doors are off lol
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #1522
gst95dsm

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Make sure you get the big 6 ton jack stands also..... And I'd get 4. Good call on the Craftsman tools. It's still relatively low end stuff but plenty good for home use. I think out my big set I bought about 12 years ago, I've lost one 10mm socket and broken a 1/4 rachet, and a 3/4 extension. The rest is still in use and all accounted for. Another KEY item is a good tool box to keep it all organized. And don't let anyone use your tools, unless they know the rules about putting them back where they belong!
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #1523
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

For the record Chrome Grilles are the next big thing ...
Unread 04-17-2013, 03:47 AM   #1524
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Craftsman tools aren't what they used to be. I hate breaking any of my old tools because if you take it back they will give you a crap made in china replacement. I also recommend 6 ton jack stands for the height, a 3 ton isn't even close to high enough. And don't forget the air compressor.
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #1525
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
up here in Canada as soon as the snow is gone and its above 32f the doors are off lol
I will get used to being that bad *** one day....

Quote:
Make sure you get the big 6 ton jack stands also..... And I'd get 4. Good call on the Craftsman tools. It's still relatively low end stuff but plenty good for home use. I think out my big set I bought about 12 years ago, I've lost one 10mm socket and broken a 1/4 rachet, and a 3/4 extension. The rest is still in use and all accounted for. Another KEY item is a good tool box to keep it all organized. And don't let anyone use your tools, unless they know the rules about putting them back where they belong!
Definitely plan on a good tool box down the line- but I cant afford everything at once.

My taxes are already accounted for with bills, a sound system, tattoos for Liz and I as well as a laptop perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
For the record Chrome Grilles are the next big thing ...
I believe this to be some sort of not-so-subtle subliminal persuasion. Keep it up - they will never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
Craftsman tools aren't what they used to be. I hate breaking any of my old tools because if you take it back they will give you a crap made in china replacement. I also recommend 6 ton jack stands for the height, a 3 ton isn't even close to high enough. And don't forget the air compressor.
What would your recommendation be for a quality tool set? I was debating getting 4 jack stands as well. I figure when I get the rockers on I want two jack stands on each one- and it cant help but drastically improve my placement if the jeep itself wasn't uneven.

I was debating an air compressor actually. But I am thinking for now I will stick with the electric tools and wait for the Big Girl Tool Kit for when I actually have my own garage.

Unread 04-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #1526
H3lzsn1p3r

meh I don't feel the cold anymore lol
Unread 04-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #1527
The_Eng
2002 WJ 

Crafstman tools have gone a bit downhill, yes, but they are still the easiest to purchase and warranty. Having worked at Sears in the past you basically just show up and give them the old tool, then get your new one and be on your way. They just have a bin in the back for all the old stuff that they eventually send back for warranty claims.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #272
Tim@Northridge4x4.com
The_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #1528
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Eng View Post
Crafstman tools have gone a bit downhill, yes, but they are still the easiest to purchase and warranty. Having worked at Sears in the past you basically just show up and give them the old tool, then get your new one and be on your way. They just have a bin in the back for all the old stuff that they eventually send back for warranty claims.
x2, Sears is also everywhere. Which makes swapping out tools if your on the road or if you move somewhere new a snap.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #1529
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
x2, Sears is also everywhere. Which makes swapping out tools if your on the road or if you move somewhere new a snap.
Yep- I think I have priced just about everything I need/want out from Sears. Comes just shy of $500 which is exactly what I have budgeted for spending money this month. Just going to cross my t's and do my due diligence- but I should have a sweet head start on my own tool set by this weekend.

Unread 04-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #1530
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sorry Beasley- I have just been fully converted to the dark side.

TIL: A chrome grill will reflect an astonishing amount of light back when driving behind a Charger with a full rear LED light bar to the driver of said chome-grilled Jeep. I don't even think that made sense - but my brain is scrambling to restore vision still.....

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.