Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 101 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 04-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #1501
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjeep05 View Post
Jeeps looking great as always. Well I"m going to have to be replacing the valve body assembly on the tranny of Black Widow this weekend fun fun. I printed out the FSM for that bugger and it was almost 200 pages. It sucks with no overdrive and 4.56 gears I can only go about 50. Any more plans for Alice?
That does indeed suck. I have found out today that my stupid s*****built hood latches let the hood flutter unnervingly above 70mph. I wonder if I should swap them or if I should just add a hood lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakedLJ View Post

OMG! is that the box the top comes in Kate please take lots of pictures and keep the thread updated on the install process. It would be a great help to me as I have to do this soon.
Indeed it is. Andy and I both have the besttops. We were planning to install them this weekend - but my funds got very limited very quick. Plus it was cold and cloudy out.

I did end up being kidnapped and taken to lime rock to watch some drifting heats. Did see a few badass jks there. Not even going to lie. Then we romped in the mud a bit with the trucks and Alice and had our first bonfire of the year. It turned out to be a good night. Top install next weekend!

[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 07:49 AM   #1502
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

WARNING!!!! Non-Jeep related post: but my buddy and I rolled into Worcester yesterday with Alice covered in mud from the bonfire the night before. (Where again- victory laps were done around a stuck Compass and Durango) Fighting off a hangover all day- battling whatever weather they are calling spring nowadays in a t-shirt waiting outside. The concert was absolutely fantastic. All 3 opening acts kicked *** and Parkway Drive blew it out of the water. I have never seen a crowd open up like that for a pit in my almost decade of going to metal concerts. There was a barrage, a constant onslaught of crowd surfers during certain songs. I got a little worse for wear. Bruised sternum and arms from being pushed into the barricade (bet your *** I got up front and stayed there), I took a boot to the face, and I think maybe teeth to the back of my head. I took a punch, I delt a punch - this guy deserved it.... it hurts to exist right now. It was just amazing.

Unread 04-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #1503
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Wow. Remind me to never go to a metal concert.

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #1504
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Picked up my stuff from the powdercoaters today. A bit more expensive than what I was expecting - but they look good. Keeping them wrapped up until the install so it will be a surprise unveiling.

Unread 04-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #1505
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Picked up my stuff from the powdercoaters today. A bit more expensive than what I was expecting - but they look good. Keeping them wrapped up until the install so it will be a surprise unveiling.
No pics... what a tease!
gst95dsm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #1506
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post

no pics... What a tease!

forumrunner_20130415_192026.jpg

Unread 04-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #1507
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Gonna look sick with the new stuff...... going from quadratec street status to actual wheeler getting rid of those tube steps. Chrome grille is growing on me.
gst95dsm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #1508
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Chrome grille is growing on me.
Paint it black!
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #1509
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
Paint it black!
Soon...

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #1510
H3lzsn1p3r

what are those strange metal flappy things on the sides where you get in jeeps don't have those
H3lzsn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #1511
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Gonna look sick with the new stuff...... going from quadratec street status to actual wheeler getting rid of those tube steps. Chrome grille is growing on me.
So excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post

Paint it black!
Shhh... just let it happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3lzsn1p3r View Post
what are those strange metal flappy things on the sides where you get in jeeps don't have those
Don't worry. They are being replaced soon. Very soon.

Unread 04-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #1512
The_Eng
2002 WJ 

Woke up to about 4 -6" of snow this morning. What the **** Colorado? Where was this 2 months ago?? Also, I finally got my TJ, which of course is the only Jeep in the parking lot where I live.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #272
Tim@Northridge4x4.com
The_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #1513
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quick judgement call - took a day off work because I'm still a little beat up. Liz took a day of mourning because she knows people were injured in boston. We needed a day to be together but still wanted to be productive. I am at home depot. I have priced out things I need to get a good start on my own tool collection. Any basics a jeep owner should have - here is what I'm thinking and rough prices. Yay or nay?!

Hydraulic lift and 2 jack stands - $100
Good electric drill - $60
Fairly comprehensive wrench/socket/bit set - $70
Good torque wrench -$70
Torx socket set - not sold at home depot. Will need.

Too out of line expensive? Can I do better if I shop around? Anything else I need in a beginner hitting the ground running kit?

Unread 04-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #1514
H3lzsn1p3r

Quote:
Quick judgement call - took a day off work because I'm still a little beat up. Liz took a day of mourning because she knows people were injured in boston. We needed a day to be together but still wanted to be productive. I am at home depot. I have priced out things I need to get a good start on my own tool collection. Any basics a jeep owner should have - here is what I'm thinking and rough prices. Yay or nay?!

Hydraulic lift and 2 jack stands - $100
Good electric drill - $60
Fairly comprehensive wrench/socket/bit set - $70
Good torque wrench -$70

Too out of line expensive? Can I do better if I shop around? Anything else I need in a beginner hitting the ground running kit?
I was meaning the doors take em off no need for doors
H3lzsn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #1515
redrelyt12
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I just ordered this myself

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N35JI2/..._26725410_item

I'm not sure about the prices on the rest because I inherited a lot of tools from my grandfather. Just make sure you get a lifetime warranty, I'd say.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.