Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process"

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #136
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
That looks awful , if it were to happen to me I would drink some more
I too, had that brilliant idea. That made for a terrible next morning. I had a hangover and I couldnt move my hands whatsoever.

[SIZE="4"]'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[B]We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world[/B]
KateKGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #137
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

That looks awful , if it were to happen to me I would drink some more
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I too, had that brilliant idea. That made for a terrible next morning. I had a hangover and I couldnt move my hands whatsoever.
Hahahahahahaha. That sounds like this morning...except it was my whole body. And shift knob looks cool, a little big but love ol' S&W

Any other progress since last pictures?

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #138
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post

Hahahahahahaha. That sounds like this morning...except it was my whole body. And shift knob looks cool, a little big but love ol' S&W

Any other progress since last pictures?
The party gods blessed me with no hangover today. Im so thankful. The shift knob does look big in the picture because of the angle, but it fits my hand perfectly.

Nothing new yet. I ordered my recoverey kit, winch and bumper this month. Even though I did get a generous bonus from my company, christmas took up alot of my funds. Plus, I am going to florida on vacation in february and im also looking into getting a Harley this spring... So I cant go too crazy. Only moderately unreasonable.

Unread 01-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #139
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well the good news is that you can say that happened last year and I am not doing that again this year
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #140
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well the good news is that you can say that happened last year and I am not doing that again this year
I could say that... But I know it would probably be a lie. Too many fun times to be had in the future to make any promises like that.

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #141
Bluesdude
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The party gods blessed me with no hangover today. Im so thankful. The shift knob does look big in the picture, but it fits my hand perfectly.

Nothing new yet. I ordered my recoverey kit, winch and bumper this month. Even though I did get a generous bonus from my company, christmas took up alot of my funds. Plus, I am going to florida on vacation in february and im also looking into getting a Harley this spring... So I cant go too crazy. Only moderately unreasonable.

A Harley? very cool! Here's mine - 2006 Road King Custom, bought it brand new, love it
20060629-02a.jpg  
Bluesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #142
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesdude View Post
A Harley? very cool! Here's mine - 2006 Road King Custom, bought it brand new, love it
Indeed! I have actually wanted a bike for a lot longer than I have wanted a jeep- I grew up around them. I am actually debating now weather I should go brand new or get a used one for now. We will have to see how many crazy ideas I have come up with for the jeep around tax time.

Do you have trouble deciding which one to take out for a ride when the weather is nice?

Unread 01-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #143
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Indeed! I have actually wanted a bike for a lot longer than I have wanted a jeep- I grew up around them. I am actually debating now weather I should go brand new or get a used one for now. We will have to see how many crazy ideas I have come up with for the jeep around tax time.

Do you have trouble deciding which one to take out for a ride when the weather is nice?
I'll chime in with my opinion.

I love riding my bike when it's nice. There is nothing quite like having nothing around you but the country and the open road and as for the Jeep, sure you can take the top and doors off, but it doesn't quite scream like a bike.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon

-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
Unread 01-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #144
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post

I'll chime in with my opinion.

I love riding my bike when it's nice. There is nothing quite like having nothing around you but the country and the open road and as for the Jeep, sure you can take the top and doors off, but it doesn't quite scream like a bike.
I like your line of thinking sir. Im going to have to agree with you. It will still be a hard choice everyday though.

However, if that will be my only problem this spring then life is good!

Unread 01-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #145
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

first-world-problems.com/

1998 TJ Sahara Sold

1994 YJ SE Sold

1960 Willys Wagon

-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
Unread 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #146
TrailJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I rode my vespa rain or shine daily driver for a year and a half. Was a great time. When you are tired it's much nicer to be in a car, you need to be alert on a bike. So it's great to have both so you can go whichever way you have your head at.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #147
Bluesdude
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I seem to spilt up the summer pretty evenly between the Jeep and the Harley. I have friends that are bikers, and others who are outdoors, Jeep people so that makes it easy. For longer day trips (on pavement) the Bike usually wins out.

If this is your first bike, I would consider getting a low mileage (less than 10,000 miles) pre-owned, they are a dime a dozen out there. A good womens bike and an entry level Harley would be a Sportser 1200 or 883 or a Dyna. If you have shorter legs, the Sportser 883 Super Low would be a great choice. A friend just bought one and she loves it. I believe you can get into one for less than 10k

Yankee Harley Davidson has some great bikes right now! I think they are close by for you?

http://www.yankeeharley.com/

Todd
Unread 01-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #148
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesdude View Post
I seem to spilt up the summer pretty evenly between the Jeep and the Harley. I have friends that are bikers, and others who are outdoors, Jeep people so that makes it easy. For longer day trips (on pavement) the Bike usually wins out.

If this is your first bike, I would consider getting a low mileage (less than 10,000 miles) pre-owned, they are a dime a dozen out there. A good womens bike and an entry level Harley would be a Sportser 1200 or 883 or a Dyna. If you have shorter legs, the Sportser 883 Super Low would be a great choice. A friend just bought one and she loves it. I believe you can get into one for less than 10k

Yankee Harley Davidson has some great bikes right now! I think they are close by for you?

http://www.yankeeharley.com/

Todd
Definitely my plan. I was thinking about finding a nice used sportster 1200 or something. Im about 5'8" so I dont think that qualifies as short and I am not a petite one either so I can handle a heavier bike. Down the line, I would love to have a V-rod- but that is certainly not a first bike. I originally wanted a brand new one, but why buy new when I can find a perfectly good used one and there are jeep things to be had!

I have always been around Southampton Harley in Mass- but it is a bit of a drive. Ill definitely check out Yankee. Thanks for the advice!

Unread 01-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #149
Bluesdude
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Definitely my plan. I was thinking about finding a nice used sportster 1200 or something. Im about 5'8" so I dont think that qualifies as short and I am not a petite one either so I can handle a heavier bike. Down the line, I would love to have a V-rod- but that is certainly not a first bike. I originally wanted a brand new one, but why buy new when I can find a perfectly good used one and there are jeep things to be had!

I have always been around Southampton Harley in Mass- but it is a bit of a drive. Ill definitely check out Yankee. Thanks for the advice!
If you are wanting a Heavier Bike, I think this one is very sexy!

"2013 Softail Deluxe"
13-hd-softail-deluxe-21.jpg  
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #150
KateKGB
2005 LJ Wrangler 

So- I am having the most fantastic day today.

First off... I quit smoking Tuesday night. I had a really hard time of it yesterday, but stuck through it and I am feeling great about it today.

I had a one meeting in particular at work I have been dreading and pushing off for a few weeks now- and I nailed it.

My boss asked if he could talk to me in private after lunch. I was freaking out a bit, but he just wanted to tell me that I got a 5% salary raise and they really like me here.

But most important and exciting of all.... LOOK WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!! Holy fast shipping! Now I have to figure out what I am going to finish it with where and when. Happy Thursday everyone!
bumper.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.