Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 8 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 2831 Old 12-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Bluesdude
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Right! And somehow I ended up wheeling last night in a dress and work boots. definitely an interesting sight. There is simply no ladylike way to jump in and out of a lifted jeep with a minidress. I wouldn't have it any other way.
minidress????

Attached Thumbnails
this%20thread%20is%20useless%20without%20pichers.jpg  
Bluesdude is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #107 of 2831 Old 12-26-2012, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesdude View Post
minidress????
Indeed- We tried to get a picture but it was too dark out. I suppose I could get a re-enactment picture though. Ill get on that.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #108 of 2831 Old 12-26-2012, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Hope everyone had an awesome christmas full of jeep things!!!!

I did a bit of romping around this weekend much fun. Even had to pull a chevy pickup up a hill.

And merry christmas to me- an Engo 10,000 lb winch is in the mail!

forumrunner_20121226_170032.jpg

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #109 of 2831 Old 12-26-2012, 06:31 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
There is simply no ladylike way to jump in and out of a lifted jeep with a minidress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I suppose I could get a re-enactment picture though.
I predict that your thread is going to blow up ...

Congrats on the winch . What did you end up ordering for a bumper ?

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #110 of 2831 Old 12-26-2012, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

I predict that your thread is going to blow up ...

Congrats on the winch . What did you end up ordering for a bumper ?
Well then! just wait for spring when its tanktop and jeep work weather. had 3" of snow here in the last hour. Little chilly now for eye candy pics.

I ended up going with the Rokmen mercenary with the grill guard, light mounts and welded fairlead. Cant wait to get it in.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #111 of 2831 Old 12-26-2012, 07:08 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post

I ended up going with the Rokmen mercenary with the grill guard, light mounts and welded fairlead. Cant wait to get it in.
That is going to look great , though I am a little partial to that bumper ... enough so that I made my own .

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #112 of 2831 Old 12-26-2012, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
That is going to look great , though I am a little partial to that bumper ... enough so that I made my own .
Thats fantastic! Ill have to look at it on the computer tomorrow. Damn app is a pain. I definitely want to take a stab at that down the line. So much so that im making plans to learn how to weld this spring.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #113 of 2831 Old 12-26-2012, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Its snowing heavily. Im the only one in the house who has 4wd. I am so excited to offer to drive my roomates to work (same place I work). Here comes a morning of fun watching them attempt to get into it, be uncomfortable with the amount of noise and cold of the soft top on the highway, worry about that slightly unnerving body roll and generally wonder why they have sports cars and not jeeps.

So, ta-da! Eye candy present from the best seat in the house!

forumrunner_20121226_212922.jpg

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #114 of 2831 Old 12-27-2012, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Good morning everyone! So- we got about 6" of heavy, wet and wicked slick snow overnight. Roomates couldn't even move their cars an inch- hit 4h and rolled out like it was nothing. I even intentionally tried to slide out taking a turn to see exactly how well it worked on this snow. Didn't budge. Yay!!!!

In other news- so the Engo 10,000lb winch was my christmas present to me. I have now just ordered the Rokmen mercenary front bumper with tube, custom fairlead mount and light tabs for my birthday present to me. Cant wait to get them in and awe at Alice getting even more badass.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #115 of 2831 Old 12-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Bluesdude
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Its snowing heavily. Im the only one in the house who has 4wd. I am so excited to offer to drive my roomates to work (same place I work). Here comes a morning of fun watching them attempt to get into it, be uncomfortable with the amount of noise and cold of the soft top on the highway, worry about that slightly unnerving body roll and generally wonder why they have sports cars and not jeeps.

So, ta-da! Eye candy present from the best seat in the house!

Attachment 531602


Now that's what I am talking about!!! happy new year! Can't wait to see the wench, oops Winch photos!
Bluesdude is offline  
post #116 of 2831 Old 12-27-2012, 09:05 AM
midnight_f150
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: greenbrier
Posts: 1,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Good morning everyone! So- we got about 6" of heavy, wet and wicked slick snow overnight. Roomates couldn't even move their cars an inch- hit 4h and rolled out like it was nothing. I even intentionally tried to slide out taking a turn to see exactly how well it worked on this snow. Didn't budge. Yay!!!!

In other news- so the Engo 10,000lb winch was my christmas present to me. I have now just ordered the Rokmen mercenary front bumper with tube, custom fairlead mount and light tabs for my birthday present to me. Cant wait to get them in and awe at Alice getting even more badass.
Will you spary paint it or powder coat it? What color will you use?
midnight_f150 is offline  
post #117 of 2831 Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesdude View Post


Now that's what I am talking about!!! happy new year! Can't wait to see the wench, oops Winch photos!
Im glad I can bring awesomeness to your day. Ill be sure to get an installation picture of the winch- minus a sweatshirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
Will you spary paint it or powder coat it? What color will you use?
Ill have to check out how it looks as bare steel. I have half a mind to spray-paint the majority of it black and leave the grill guard bare steel. Or finish it so it has a stainless finish.

I do plan to put bedliner on my fender flares as soon as its warm enough to take them off... but Im thinking a semi-gloss black on the bumper will do nicely.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #118 of 2831 Old 12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
rogerv
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canton
Posts: 523
Nice build, when is the welder and tubing bender coming? Then you can really start the mods,

If it's not broke- modify it, so it won't break
rogerv is offline  
post #119 of 2831 Old 12-27-2012, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerv View Post
Nice build, when is the welder and tubing bender coming? Then you can really start the mods,
As soon as I can POSSIBLY afford them. Probably this spring- at which point I will likely kick both of my male roommates out of the garage and claim it as mine since they don't like to play with tools anyway. Pshh... what do chemists know. Chemical Engineering is where its at.

In all seriousness, a few minor things and maybe a hardtop- then I am going to work on getting every single tool I could ever need and then playing around with them.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #120 of 2831 Old 12-27-2012, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
I think my roomates dog is a little jealous of the nice surprise I got when I got out of work.

forumrunner_20121227_170028.jpg

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
Reply

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome