Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 57 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #841 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 10:14 AM
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..
 
gst95dsm's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fresno CA
Posts: 4,361
The powder coater will be able to blast off whatever finish you have on there currently with no problems, and the raw stuff..... it'll just save him time and you money NOT having to remove a previous finish. And sorry I'm gonna try and tone down my *******ness, these meds really have me acting out!

gst95dsm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #842 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
And sorry I'm gonna try and tone down my *******ness, these meds really have me acting out!
I will have none of this.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #843 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 01:21 PM
olysteve
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Federal Way
Posts: 104
I love the fact that his posts are now deleted, reason,, butthurt.
The main build threads that I follow seem to wander greatly around their stated topics. I like that.
olysteve is offline  
post #844 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by olysteve View Post
I love the fact that his posts are now deleted, reason,, butthurt.
The main build threads that I follow seem to wander greatly around their stated topics. I like that.
Yeah, I thought that was rather amusing myself. If everyone had a bare-bones build thread, this site would be significantly more repetitive and boring. I know I have learned a hell of a lot more just browsing through the repartee around here than studying my Jeep manual.

Question for the gentlemen reading today: Do you get the Jeep wave from other chicks? I seldom get another girl to wave back at me- I was wondering if it is a jealous b**** kind of thing or a they really have no idea what they are doing kind of thing.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #845 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 01:34 PM
redrelyt12
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Question for the gentlemen reading today: Do you get the Jeep wave from other chicks? I seldom get another girl to wave back at me- I was wondering if it is a jealous b**** kind of thing or a they really have no idea what they are doing kind of thing.
I think most chick jeepers happen to be soccer lockers... And that meaning they're completely oblivious to everything around them.

I never make the same mistake twice - it's more like three or four times.
Build - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/unlimicon-build-1477723/
redrelyt12 is offline  
post #846 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Platypus
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Snohomish
Posts: 700
I hardly ever get a return wave from female Jeep drivers. But I have come to the conclusion that it is because they are oblivious to the tradition/cult aspect of the vehicle.

Sent for me by R2-D2

2001 Wrangler 4.0L Sport
1989 Wrangler 2.5L
Platypus is offline  
post #847 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
I think most chick jeepers happen to be soccer lockers... And that meaning they're completely oblivious to everything around them.
I see a handful of chicks riding around in CJs or TJs. Out of the say... 6 other chicks I have seen in modded jeeps in the past 6 months or so- I have gotten one wave. This bothers me.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #848 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 01:42 PM
redrelyt12
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,000
When I was selling my first TJ, this one woman came to look at it and had no idea what anything on the Jeep was. She just liked the look of it.

I never make the same mistake twice - it's more like three or four times.
Build - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/unlimicon-build-1477723/
redrelyt12 is offline  
post #849 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
I hardly ever get a return wave from female Jeep drivers. But I have come to the conclusion that it is because they are oblivious to the tradition/cult aspect of the vehicle.

Sent for me by R2-D2
This is unfortunate. I am going to go ahead and apologize for the ways of my gender.

I will admit- I tend not to wave to stock JKs. There are far too many of them and it takes the special away.

However, I will always wave and make eye contact with the majority of Jeep owners I pass. If its an attractive guy in a Jeep that looks like it has more balls than mine- there is usually bit of eye f***ing going on too if you want the whole truth.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #850 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Sundowner
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,408
I haven't noticed a lack of waving from either gender, one more than the other. Here, the non-wavers are driving JKU's, usually with a slew of bolt-on's. Soccer Locker Girls usually wave, even though they think transfer cases have something to do with inheritance law.

If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline  
post #851 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
I haven't noticed a lack of waving from either gender, one more than the other. Here, the non-wavers are driving JKU's, usually with a slew of bolt-on's. Soccer Locker Girls usually wave, even though they think transfer cases have something to do with inheritance law.
I think the root cause of this difference is our locations. New England is a generally mind-your-own-business and dont-talk-to-strangers kind of place. I know I go down south and can strike up a random conversation with someone and they will talk back. Or simply wave and get a wave back. Up here if you wave at someone they look at you like either an alien or a mugger. It's really unfortunate.

Since you don't notice a difference with either gender- I am going to go with the jealous b**** motive.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #852 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 02:12 PM
janesy86
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly
Posts: 1,383
Haha, I tend to get waved at by most TJ's and a handful of JK's. But the ones that don't wave are usually older women, Soccer Lockers, etc.

But when my wife drives my Jeep, she waves, but hardly gets any in return... In that case might be a jealousy issue?

03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline  
post #853 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 02:26 PM
redrelyt12
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I think the root cause of this difference is our locations. New England is a generally mind-your-own-business and dont-talk-to-strangers kind of place.
Part of what I like about being up here

I never make the same mistake twice - it's more like three or four times.
Build - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/unlimicon-build-1477723/
redrelyt12 is offline  
post #854 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Haha, I tend to get waved at by most TJ's and a handful of JK's. But the ones that don't wave are usually older women, Soccer Lockers, etc.

But when my wife drives my Jeep, she waves, but hardly gets any in return... In that case might be a jealousy issue?
Hypothesis confirmed. Men, keep waving, women- keep having a stick up your ***. Ill still wave if I like your jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post

Part of what I like about being up here
You know, I dont think I could deal with it all the time- but I do enjoy the southern hospitality when im down there. Though, I can never tell if a guy is hitting on me, or just being genuinely nice.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #855 of 2831 Old 03-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Sundowner
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
You know, I dont think I could deal with it all the time- but I do enjoy the southern hospitality when im down there. Though, I can never tell if a guy is hitting on me, or just being genuinely nice.
They're probably hitting on you.

If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline  
Reply

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome