Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 163 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2431 of 2831 Old 02-14-2014, 05:39 AM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
That I do... but the remote for it is in my recovery bag - which I keep inside until I have a locking storage box for the Jeep.


Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2432 of 2831 Old 02-14-2014, 05:51 AM
redrelyt12
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
That I do... but the remote for it is in my recovery bag - which I keep inside until I have a locking storage box for the Jeep.
Won't really do you much good if it's in your apartment. Just sayin'

I never make the same mistake twice - it's more like three or four times.
Build - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/unlimicon-build-1477723/
redrelyt12 is offline  
post #2433 of 2831 Old 02-14-2014, 06:55 AM
Sundowner
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Shoukd have gotten extra pants....
When the weather gets bad, I always carry a backpack with a change of clothing, in addition to my towel... and one should always know where their towel is.

If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline  
post #2434 of 2831 Old 02-14-2014, 10:09 PM
91AzXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 382
I always have several big towels, two blankets and a sweatshirt or two in the Jeep. When wheeling, I carry extra pants because well you know.

2000 XJ 4.0L/ Auto
04 TJ 4.0L- RIP 06 KJ Ltd
11 KK 70th Anniversary
91AzXJ is offline  
post #2435 of 2831 Old 02-15-2014, 03:12 AM
91AzXJ
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 382
I was looking through the fabrications section and found this. It ended last year so don't know what the end result looked like.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/a...y-way-1266036/

2000 XJ 4.0L/ Auto
04 TJ 4.0L- RIP 06 KJ Ltd
11 KK 70th Anniversary
91AzXJ is offline  
post #2436 of 2831 Old 02-20-2014, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
Won't really do you much good if it's in your apartment. Just sayin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
When the weather gets bad, I always carry a backpack with a change of clothing, in addition to my towel... and one should always know where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
I always have several big towels, two blankets and a sweatshirt or two in the Jeep. When wheeling, I carry extra pants because well you know.

I know. I always pack my stuff when I am going anywhere other than 30 minutes away. But if I am just going to work and back, I would rather not risk getting anything stolen. Dont you fret - I have designs for a wooden storage box to make sure of my trunk space. Just need some warmer weather!

Also - I am going to admit right away that I am not always the smartest person. I was *****ing yesterday that the Jeep has 3 wiper speeds - way too slow, way too fast and ridiculous. I may or may not have just realized this morning that the low setting is adjustable.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #2437 of 2831 Old 02-20-2014, 06:40 AM
redrelyt12
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I know. I always pack my stuff when I am going anywhere other than 30 minutes away. But if I am just going to work and back, I would rather not risk getting anything stolen. Dont you fret - I have designs for a wooden storage box to make sure of my trunk space. Just need some warmer weather!

Also - I am going to admit right away that I am not always the smartest person. I was *****ing yesterday that the Jeep has 3 wiper speeds - way too slow, way too fast and ridiculous. I may or may not have just realized this morning that the low setting is adjustable.
I'll bet Bear even knew it was adjustable!

I never make the same mistake twice - it's more like three or four times.
Build - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/unlimicon-build-1477723/
redrelyt12 is offline  
post #2438 of 2831 Old 02-20-2014, 07:35 AM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrelyt12 View Post
I'll bet Bear even knew it was adjustable!
He probably does.... They said I was smart - I never said anything about being bright. I will certainly admit to that.

In other news - I need me some new tires. I think I am going to buy some off or tirerack. There is a distribution center near me.

As much as I love the Goodyear kevlar MTRs... They are definitely not highway tires. I am thinking to get a reasonable set of 33's - then save up and buy a really good set to put on just for when I go out on wheeling trips.

Any opinions on a really good all-around tire?

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #2439 of 2831 Old 02-20-2014, 08:19 AM
Sundowner
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Any opinions on a really good all-around tire?
Falken AT01; I'll buy another set when I kill the ones I have now, and I'm putting them on the LJ as well. You should trust me on this.

If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline  
post #2440 of 2831 Old 02-20-2014, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Falken AT01; I'll buy another set when I kill the ones I have now, and I'm putting them on the LJ as well. You should trust me on this.
With the new apartment and my graduate studies - I simply cant afford $300/tire right now. I would love to get nice tires, but I am looking more at under $200/tire for reasonable driving tires. I can invest in some sweet "just-for-offroad" tires later on this year - but for now I just need decent driving tires.

I am doing a tire comparison on tirerack and it looks like by best 2 options right now are BFG rugged terrain and commercial traction.

Here is where I need opinions. My current wheels are the special rubicon 15" wheels. Am I better off paying for not-fancy 16" wheels and selling my moabs or keeping the moabs to eventually put my wheeling tires on. Or buy every-day tires to put on the moabs and buy 16" wheels to put the wheeling tires on.

So many choices and I have no educated opinion on any of them!

EDIT: My research starts again. I forgot to look at 315s not 285s. This is going to be a project.

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #2441 of 2831 Old 02-20-2014, 08:46 AM
Sundowner
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post

With the new apartment and my graduate studies - I simply cant afford $300/tire right now. I would love to get nice tires, but I am looking more at under $200/tire for reasonable driving tires. I can invest in some sweet "just-for-offroad" tires later on this year - but for now I just need decent driving tires.

I am doing a tire comparison on tirerack and it looks like by best 2 options right now are BFG rugged terrain and commercial traction.

Here is where I need opinions. My current wheels are the special rubicon 15" wheels. Am I better off paying for not-fancy 16" wheels and selling my moabs or keeping the moabs to eventually put my wheeling tires on. Or buy every-day tires to put on the moabs and buy 16" wheels to put the wheeling tires on.

So many choices and I have no educated opinion on any of them!

EDIT: My research starts again. I forgot to look at 315s not 285s. This is going to be a project.
My 315/75's are usually around $220 each, shipped to my door.

If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline  
post #2442 of 2831 Old 02-20-2014, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
My 315/75's are usually around $220 each, shipped to my door.
That's probably do-able. Source?

Chicks are allowed build threads here, right?

'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #2443 of 2831 Old 02-20-2014, 09:02 AM
redrelyt12
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,000
315/75 is a 35" tire. Your Sahara moabs are 16", aren't they? I'm really confused by your post

I never make the same mistake twice - it's more like three or four times.
Build - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/unlimicon-build-1477723/
redrelyt12 is offline  
post #2444 of 2831 Old 02-20-2014, 09:03 AM
redrelyt12
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,000
Tires for a 15" wheel are much cheaper and you could get a pretty penny selling your Sahara moabs

I never make the same mistake twice - it's more like three or four times.
Build - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/unlimicon-build-1477723/
redrelyt12 is offline  
post #2445 of 2831 Old 02-20-2014, 09:03 AM
Sundowner
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post

That's probably do-able. Source?
Discount Tire Direct. Last time I looked, the 33's I'm getting for the LJ were $160-ish.

If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline  
Reply

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome