Kate's '05 Unlimited Rubi "learning process" - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #136 of 2831 Old 01-01-2013, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
That looks awful , if it were to happen to me I would drink some more
I too, had that brilliant idea. That made for a terrible next morning. I had a hangover and I couldnt move my hands whatsoever.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #137 of 2831 Old 01-01-2013, 04:55 PM
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.
 
442Wrangler's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Little Lamplight
Posts: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

That looks awful , if it were to happen to me I would drink some more
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I too, had that brilliant idea. That made for a terrible next morning. I had a hangover and I couldnt move my hands whatsoever.
Hahahahahahaha. That sounds like this morning...except it was my whole body. And shift knob looks cool, a little big but love ol' S&W

Any other progress since last pictures?

2008 JK Rubicon
-255/80/17 BFG KM2s, 16/59 JKU springs, 2013 Rubi rims, RC stubby hybrid front bumper, XRC8 winch with synthetic line, RR evap skid, and more to come

1959 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Plantation White and Presidential Red


"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen
442Wrangler is offline  
post #138 of 2831 Old 01-01-2013, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post

Hahahahahahaha. That sounds like this morning...except it was my whole body. And shift knob looks cool, a little big but love ol' S&W

Any other progress since last pictures?
The party gods blessed me with no hangover today. Im so thankful. The shift knob does look big in the picture because of the angle, but it fits my hand perfectly.

Nothing new yet. I ordered my recoverey kit, winch and bumper this month. Even though I did get a generous bonus from my company, christmas took up alot of my funds. Plus, I am going to florida on vacation in february and im also looking into getting a Harley this spring... So I cant go too crazy. Only moderately unreasonable.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
 
post #139 of 2831 Old 01-01-2013, 05:30 PM
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden
Posts: 5,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
I too, had that brilliant idea. That made for a terrible next morning. I had a hangover and I couldnt move my hands whatsoever.
Well the good news is that you can say that happened last year and I am not doing that again this year

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline  
post #140 of 2831 Old 01-01-2013, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Well the good news is that you can say that happened last year and I am not doing that again this year
I could say that... But I know it would probably be a lie. Too many fun times to be had in the future to make any promises like that.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #141 of 2831 Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Bluesdude
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
The party gods blessed me with no hangover today. Im so thankful. The shift knob does look big in the picture, but it fits my hand perfectly.

Nothing new yet. I ordered my recoverey kit, winch and bumper this month. Even though I did get a generous bonus from my company, christmas took up alot of my funds. Plus, I am going to florida on vacation in february and im also looking into getting a Harley this spring... So I cant go too crazy. Only moderately unreasonable.

A Harley? very cool! Here's mine - 2006 Road King Custom, bought it brand new, love it
Attached Thumbnails
20060629-02a.JPG  
Bluesdude is offline  
post #142 of 2831 Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesdude View Post
A Harley? very cool! Here's mine - 2006 Road King Custom, bought it brand new, love it
Indeed! I have actually wanted a bike for a lot longer than I have wanted a jeep- I grew up around them. I am actually debating now weather I should go brand new or get a used one for now. We will have to see how many crazy ideas I have come up with for the jeep around tax time.

Do you have trouble deciding which one to take out for a ride when the weather is nice?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #143 of 2831 Old 01-02-2013, 02:45 PM
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.
 
442Wrangler's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Little Lamplight
Posts: 2,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Indeed! I have actually wanted a bike for a lot longer than I have wanted a jeep- I grew up around them. I am actually debating now weather I should go brand new or get a used one for now. We will have to see how many crazy ideas I have come up with for the jeep around tax time.

Do you have trouble deciding which one to take out for a ride when the weather is nice?
I'll chime in with my opinion.

I love riding my bike when it's nice. There is nothing quite like having nothing around you but the country and the open road and as for the Jeep, sure you can take the top and doors off, but it doesn't quite scream like a bike.

2008 JK Rubicon
-255/80/17 BFG KM2s, 16/59 JKU springs, 2013 Rubi rims, RC stubby hybrid front bumper, XRC8 winch with synthetic line, RR evap skid, and more to come

1959 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Plantation White and Presidential Red


"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen
442Wrangler is offline  
post #144 of 2831 Old 01-02-2013, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by 442Wrangler View Post

I'll chime in with my opinion.

I love riding my bike when it's nice. There is nothing quite like having nothing around you but the country and the open road and as for the Jeep, sure you can take the top and doors off, but it doesn't quite scream like a bike.
I like your line of thinking sir. Im going to have to agree with you. It will still be a hard choice everyday though.

However, if that will be my only problem this spring then life is good!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #145 of 2831 Old 01-02-2013, 07:13 PM
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.
 
442Wrangler's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Little Lamplight
Posts: 2,278
first-world-problems.com/



2008 JK Rubicon
-255/80/17 BFG KM2s, 16/59 JKU springs, 2013 Rubi rims, RC stubby hybrid front bumper, XRC8 winch with synthetic line, RR evap skid, and more to come

1959 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Plantation White and Presidential Red


"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen
442Wrangler is offline  
post #146 of 2831 Old 01-02-2013, 10:56 PM
TrailJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 366
I rode my vespa rain or shine daily driver for a year and a half. Was a great time. When you are tired it's much nicer to be in a car, you need to be alert on a bike. So it's great to have both so you can go whichever way you have your head at.


Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
TrailJ is offline  
post #147 of 2831 Old 01-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Bluesdude
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Indeed! I have actually wanted a bike for a lot longer than I have wanted a jeep- I grew up around them. I am actually debating now weather I should go brand new or get a used one for now. We will have to see how many crazy ideas I have come up with for the jeep around tax time.

Do you have trouble deciding which one to take out for a ride when the weather is nice?
I seem to spilt up the summer pretty evenly between the Jeep and the Harley. I have friends that are bikers, and others who are outdoors, Jeep people so that makes it easy. For longer day trips (on pavement) the Bike usually wins out.

If this is your first bike, I would consider getting a low mileage (less than 10,000 miles) pre-owned, they are a dime a dozen out there. A good womens bike and an entry level Harley would be a Sportser 1200 or 883 or a Dyna. If you have shorter legs, the Sportser 883 Super Low would be a great choice. A friend just bought one and she loves it. I believe you can get into one for less than 10k

Yankee Harley Davidson has some great bikes right now! I think they are close by for you?

http://www.yankeeharley.com/

Todd
Bluesdude is offline  
post #148 of 2831 Old 01-03-2013, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesdude View Post
I seem to spilt up the summer pretty evenly between the Jeep and the Harley. I have friends that are bikers, and others who are outdoors, Jeep people so that makes it easy. For longer day trips (on pavement) the Bike usually wins out.

If this is your first bike, I would consider getting a low mileage (less than 10,000 miles) pre-owned, they are a dime a dozen out there. A good womens bike and an entry level Harley would be a Sportser 1200 or 883 or a Dyna. If you have shorter legs, the Sportser 883 Super Low would be a great choice. A friend just bought one and she loves it. I believe you can get into one for less than 10k

Yankee Harley Davidson has some great bikes right now! I think they are close by for you?

http://www.yankeeharley.com/

Todd
Definitely my plan. I was thinking about finding a nice used sportster 1200 or something. Im about 5'8" so I dont think that qualifies as short and I am not a petite one either so I can handle a heavier bike. Down the line, I would love to have a V-rod- but that is certainly not a first bike. I originally wanted a brand new one, but why buy new when I can find a perfectly good used one and there are jeep things to be had!

I have always been around Southampton Harley in Mass- but it is a bit of a drive. Ill definitely check out Yankee. Thanks for the advice!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
post #149 of 2831 Old 01-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Bluesdude
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateKGB View Post
Definitely my plan. I was thinking about finding a nice used sportster 1200 or something. Im about 5'8" so I dont think that qualifies as short and I am not a petite one either so I can handle a heavier bike. Down the line, I would love to have a V-rod- but that is certainly not a first bike. I originally wanted a brand new one, but why buy new when I can find a perfectly good used one and there are jeep things to be had!

I have always been around Southampton Harley in Mass- but it is a bit of a drive. Ill definitely check out Yankee. Thanks for the advice!
If you are wanting a Heavier Bike, I think this one is very sexy!

"2013 Softail Deluxe"
Attached Thumbnails
13-hd-softail-deluxe-21.jpg  
Bluesdude is offline  
post #150 of 2831 Old 01-03-2013, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
KateKGB
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Winsted
Posts: 1,554
So- I am having the most fantastic day today.

First off... I quit smoking Tuesday night. I had a really hard time of it yesterday, but stuck through it and I am feeling great about it today.

I had a one meeting in particular at work I have been dreading and pushing off for a few weeks now- and I nailed it.

My boss asked if he could talk to me in private after lunch. I was freaking out a bit, but he just wanted to tell me that I got a 5% salary raise and they really like me here.

But most important and exciting of all.... LOOK WHAT CAME IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!!! Holy fast shipping! Now I have to figure out what I am going to finish it with where and when. Happy Thursday everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
bumper.jpg  


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'05 Unlimited Rubicon - Sahara Edition #431


We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal
A generation born, to witness the end of the world
KateKGB is offline  
Reply

Tags
2005 , currie , rubicon , sahara , unlimited

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome