Just a typical niner build - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-06-2015, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
stottman888
1998 ZJ 

Just a typical niner build

So this will be my 7th jeep and now I feel like its time for proper build thread lol.

So picked up this baby doll from an old lady for $600 no reverse but clean interior ( except center console leather and headliner) clean paint. Ended up saving it because her son was getting ready to run it over with his 2.5 ton mud truck if he didn't sell it that night.
When I bought it, it had not a drop of tranny fluid (probably the cause of the transmission burning up), drivers door was completely eaten away around the latch so a door patch was needed. Also I guess they were having cooling problems and couldn't figure it out and ATTEMPTED to wire in an aftermarket relay, well they failed and long story short I ended up over heating it on the way home figured out what it was had some wire in my other jeep hard wired it and made my way home. once it got home it just sat for like 6 months on the side of my house didn't touch and didn't have the time to mess with it. Then the rear end in the 5.2 zj decided to explode so instead of just buying a rear end I decided to just drive the 5.9 and make that nice while I build axles to go under the 5.2.

Soooooooo on to what I've done to this beauty already...
Change the oil and oil filter
Change the rear diff oil with the additive (needs new clutches)
L.E.D. dash lights
Full detail compounded and buffed the whole thing
Valve cover gaskets
Adjusted the bands and trans flush in the hopes of resurrecting reverse
Door patch welded in with new hinge pins
And finally had to slay some tires with this thing

Now onto what I got coming up for her..
Transmission I work at a shop and worked out a deal with our tranny guy to trade my ranger for a rebuilt tranny and rear main with him doing all the work.
Headliner and center console getting that done for free trading off some work with an interior shop on his personal vehicle.
New tires with an alignment part of my tire problem
Thinking about dropping it never done anything like that but I see the every once in a while and think its neat and different. plus I don't need to take it off-road because I have the 5.2 zj

I don't have many pictures even though I wish I would've taken more throughout this whole process and build so far but I will snap more as time goes by. I would appreciate anybody's input and what not

Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_2015-10-05-18-37-19.jpg   Screenshot_2015-10-05-18-37-26.jpg   Screenshot_2015-10-05-18-37-41.jpg  
Attached Images

98 5.9 Stock mint

98 5.2 4 Inch Coils 33s n Cragars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-23-2016, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
stottman888
1998 ZJ 

Since the previous post I've bought the following:
Front wheel bearings
2012 Jk rubis (265/75r17) With adapters
2 inch coil spacers
New rear shocks
Steering stabilizer
Rear end clutches
Rear wheel bearings (Just ordered them)

Got center console and headliner recovered
And finally got the tranny rebuilt now I have reverse
Windows tinted
Black pinstripe

All of the new parts I haven't been able to install yet been so busy with work and lifting my ol ladys yj on sundays and that's my only day off.... Possibly next weekend or the weekend after ill have time put all of these goodies on here

Will try to get a couple pictures up here soon

98 5.9 Stock mint

98 5.2 4 Inch Coils 33s n Cragars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.