Just another YJ build... My version - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another YJ build... My version

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-13-2012, 04:07 AM   #121
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBuckWild View Post
I sent a text for some more details on the locker. As for the springs...... ;-) I am heading down to take a look this weekend. He has a bunch of them. Gonna try to pick the best ones
hell yea. try to get some 7 leaf front springs. let me know how much i owe you

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #122
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Mind if I ask Vegas? Year matter on the wagy springs? You runnin stock soa right ?
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #123
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Mind if I ask Vegas? Year matter on the wagy springs? You runnin stock soa right ?
i believe any year Waggy will work. for the front i am running stock 1989 grand wagoneer front springs. the 7 leaf pack.

Unread 07-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #124
Jakes04WJ

Nice build man, our yj's look a lot a like :P
image-1351121423.jpg   image-2297779128.jpg   image-453067824.jpg  
Jakes04WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #125
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakes04WJ View Post
Nice build man, our yj's look a lot a like :P
thanks man. you have a sweet looking YJ

Unread 07-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #126
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

So I talked to this guy with the High Pinion Dana 50..... It looks to be in great shape! I know you were considering goin full width.... Poking around everything I found says the HP D50 is a D60 housing.

Let me know if you want to scope it out. I have some pics and some info. Shoot me a text and we can talk about it
USMCBuckWild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #127
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

ive been thinking about picking up some suspension seats for a while. i need some opinions though. i want to know which ones you guys think would be best. one thing to keep in mind is my YJ is pretty much a garage queen. i wheel it whenever possible(flat tow or trailer to the park) and only drive it to work on occasion. it is NOT a DD. that being said whenever it is outside i never have a top or doors on it, so i want a seat that wont fade.

the 3 seats ive been thinking about are the following.

first is the Corbeau Baja SS. Black with suede center. i can get them through a vendor on Pirate for $390 to my door(love the price)
http://www.corbeau.com/products/fixed_back_seats/baja_ss/

the next set would be PRP Premier High Backs. i would probably go Grey tweed centers with everything else black. i can get these through a vendor on Pirate for about $514 to my door.
http://www.prpseats.com/Products/12-premier-high-back.aspx

and the last set would be the PRP Daily Driver. same color scheme as the High Backs. I got a qoute from the same Vendor on Pirate and these would be $636 to my door because the seats have to ship seperately. i think that pretty much makes up my mind not to get these
http://www.prpseats.com/Products/18-daily-driver.aspx

i really like the price of the Corbeau's. Im sure thats the same reason most people on here are running them. i know i should go for the better brand but its hard to convince myself when i know i still have to spend another $200 on harnesses, then some more $ for a harness bar, and the DOM to build some mounts to mount them to my cage.

whats everyone opinion?

Unread 07-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #128
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So I talked to this guy with the High Pinion Dana 50..... It looks to be in great shape! I know you were considering goin full width.... Poking around everything I found says the HP D50 is a D60 housing.

Let me know if you want to scope it out. I have some pics and some info. Shoot me a text and we can talk about it
ehhh i think it'll be a little while before i go full width. its taking every nerve in my body not to right now but i still havent wheeled much since my last build. i think only about 5 times since my SOA and 8.8

how much is he asking?

EDIT: i would send you a text but i dont get any reception where im at in Va right now. i got your text and tried to text you back but i dont think it went though.

the brake lines i got i "think" are from a early 90's chevy 1/2 ton

Unread 07-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #129
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I got him to $250 for the D50..... I am going to pick up the brake lines to fix my front shocks tomorrow, you remember what you used for the rear? Lynn has a "slew" of 9" rears and a complete D60/14 bolt with the lockered up 4.56 gears from a CUCV. He just laughed when I asked how much he wanted.
Unread 07-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #130
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I got him to $250 for the D50..... I am going to pick up the brake lines to fix my front shocks tomorrow, you remember what you used for the rear? Lynn has a "slew" of 9" rears and a complete D60/14 bolt with the lockered up 4.56 gears from a CUCV. He just laughed when I asked how much he wanted.
id definitely pass on the Dana 50 for $250. its basically i big D60 housing with smaller 44 internals. its also balljoint and what im reading vaccum disconnect. very little aftermarket support and i'd have to outboard my springs to run it. not worth it for that axle. for a couple hundred more you could get a 78-78' D60

for my rear brakes i just used the extended brake lines i had installed when i was SUA with a 4" lift. i have plenty of slack in my line.(for now)

i can imagine what your frined wants for all D60/14B combo

Unread 07-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #131
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

No vacuum disconnect, big u joint solid shafts. I was considering it because people have used D44 hubs on it and run 5 lug, so no need to buy new rims tires. He is getting me the measurements for the wms-wms and spring perchs. Might be a little project. Who knows! Hahaha

Oh, got your text at 0426 this mornin...... Got my fat *** out of bed and went out to mow the lawn early after that.
Unread 07-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #132
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If your going to get corbeaus look at the ultras they are way more comfortable than the SS. They are also taller so you can actuallly use the headrests if your over 5' tall. I got a pair in full front black cloth that havent faded at all and are great to wheel in or drive down the highway. Everyone who hops in my jeep like them aswell. Give AtoZ a call they have very good prices on corbeau stuff.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/suspension_seats/baja_ultra/

They're mounted to the cage with the driver seat on a slider and the passenger hard mounted. As far as the belts I just run RJS 5 points I picked up for about $70 each.

Once you get into suspension seats your going to wonder why you didnt get them sooner lol.
Unread 07-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #133
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyj94 View Post
If your going to get corbeaus look at the ultras they are way more comfortable than the SS. They are also taller so you can actuallly use the headrests if your over 5' tall. I got a pair in full front black cloth that havent faded at all and are great to wheel in or drive down the highway. Everyone who hops in my jeep like them aswell. Give AtoZ a call they have very good prices on corbeau stuff.

http://www.corbeau.com/products/suspension_seats/baja_ultra/

They're mounted to the cage with the driver seat on a slider and the passenger hard mounted. As far as the belts I just run RJS 5 points I picked up for about $70 each.

Once you get into suspension seats your going to wonder why you didnt get them sooner lol.

if you dont mind me asking, how big of a guy are you? im tall and lanky. haha im 5'11" but only about 160LBS. Im a size 32 pants. my only worry about the Ultras is that they will be too wide. i know that i could use the extra height.

i got a quote on the Baja ultras for $495 to my door. at that price im almost paying as much as the PRPs.

Hmmmm......

Unread 07-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #134
ssyj94
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm just about the same size as you lol. The standard width ultras fit me perfectly and at first were actually kinda tight on my waist till they broke in. I even managed to cram a console between them. Looking at the dimensions the prps look tobe 3" shorter and 1/2" narrower than the ultra ss. I was debating the same seats and ended up with the corbeaus cause there wasnt a lead time and AtoZ was building my cage.

To give you an idea of what a guy our size looks like in a set of them ha.
Unread 07-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #135
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Picked up the 95 Chevy 1500 brake lines today, they are about 8 inches longer than the stock YJ. I am going to try to make an extension for the rear lines.

Thanks for the tip man!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.