Just another YJ build... My version - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another YJ build... My version

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 03-16-2014, 09:28 PM   #781
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ
When you pay me double what i picked this up for. Gotta get a delivery fee
Deal, enjoy the drive.

Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #782
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry93
Are you planning to run leaves with the D60? If so, are you planning on outboarding or retubing the short side? Or are you not planning to run full width? I'm currently debating what route I'm going to take with mine as I'm not ready to take on linking the front either, so I figured I'd see what your plans were. Nice jeep too, btw! Started following your thread sometime last year and love what you've done with it man.
First off thank you.

The plan for now is to stay with leafs up front. I will be keeping it fullwidth and either build outboard mounts or buy some. I'm really leaning towards buying mounts just for the ease of it. Been looking at these mounts, http://shop.davescustomsunlimited.co...ode=FWAKIT-YJF.
__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #783
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: JBMDL, New Jersey
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ

First off thank you.

The plan for now is to stay with leafs up front. I will be keeping it fullwidth and either build outboard mounts or buy some. I'm really leaning towards buying mounts just for the ease of it. Been looking at these mounts, http://shop.davescustomsunlimited.co...ode=FWAKIT-YJF.
Those are beef. I hadn't thought about spring location with a 60. The driver side really doesn't give many options. I'd second that kit and if you get it let us know everything good and bad.

Edit: if you used that eaton axle where can you find parts IF it did break?
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #784
bgredjeep
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 1,582
Stock shafts (which are huge btw) would have to be found in a junk yard for the Eaton. Same with gears. The diff internals will take a 14bolt locker, and that will let you run the more common 14bolt shafts. Wheel bearings and seals are available at the parts store. The only really oddball part I worry about is the pinion bearing as it is unique and very pricy.

Other than running it without oil I don't see how we could hurt one of those axles with a 6cyl. Lol
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #785
Louie4
Powah Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,749
Chris, where are you moving to after NC? Or do you know? We'll have to get together before you move and hopefully wheel a little.
__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #786
Brayyx322
Registered User
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Watsontown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 26
I never thought I would like a white jeep, but this is a beautiful looking rig!
Brayyx322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #787
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Those are beef. I hadn't thought about spring location with a 60. The driver side really doesn't give many options. I'd second that kit and if you get it let us know everything good and bad.

Edit: if you used that eaton axle where can you find parts IF it did break?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
Stock shafts (which are huge btw) would have to be found in a junk yard for the Eaton. Same with gears. The diff internals will take a 14bolt locker, and that will let you run the more common 14bolt shafts. Wheel bearings and seals are available at the parts store. The only really oddball part I worry about is the pinion bearing as it is unique and very pricy.

Other than running it without oil I don't see how we could hurt one of those axles with a 6cyl. Lol
I concur with everything bgred said. I really dont think i'll have a problem blowing up parts on the Eaton with the setup i'll be running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Chris, where are you moving to after NC? Or do you know? We'll have to get together before you move and hopefully wheel a little.
Not sure where I'll be moving to next. Trying to get back out to San Diego. I should hopefully know by the end of next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayyx322 View Post
I never thought I would like a white jeep, but this is a beautiful looking rig!
Thank you man. I love white jeeps.... well white vehicles in general
__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #788
Brayyx322
Registered User
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Watsontown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 26
I just looked back on your pics again and noticed the rock sliders you made. Those look incredible. Did you design them up yourself or was there some inspiration behind that? When I start doing body work to my CJ7 I'm going to be doing doing a lot of fab work with the welders and something like that would an awesome start.
Brayyx322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #789
Louie4
Powah Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,749
Chris,

If you're still in NC I am now in Cary. We should meet up some time if you are able. My wife is still in Knoxville till the end of June so I am doing a lot of nothing.
__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2014, 05:48 PM   #790
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4
Chris, If you're still in NC I am now in Cary. We should meet up some time if you are able. My wife is still in Knoxville till the end of June so I am doing a lot of nothing.
I am still In NC. I'm in Jacksonville which is only about 2 hrs away from you. I'd love to meet up sometime. Either I head out to Raleigh or you can come out this way. We could even do a BBQ at my place or something of you wanted.
__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #791
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brayyx322
I just looked back on your pics again and noticed the rock sliders you made. Those look incredible. Did you design them up yourself or was there some inspiration behind that? When I start doing body work to my CJ7 I'm going to be doing doing a lot of fab work with the welders and something like that would an awesome start.
Thank you man. The first rock sliders I made were a project to get me started into welding. I had no real experience and that's what I chose to build. The design is real simple, just some 3x5" angle iron and some 1 3/8"(?) pipe. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #792
Louie4
Powah Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
I am still In NC. I'm in Jacksonville which is only about 2 hrs away from you. I'd love to meet up sometime. Either I head out to Raleigh or you can come out this way. We could even do a BBQ at my place or something of you wanted.
I'm down for either. I'm staying in temporary living (apartment) in Cary but Raleigh is a 15-20 minute drive to downtown.

I'd say just go to your neck of the woods since all I have here are clothes, my laptop, and a furnished apartment.
__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #793
Brayyx322
Registered User
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Watsontown, Pennsylvania
Posts: 26
They turned out pretty sweet for your introduction in to welding. Very nice job. I have access to a few welders and a plasma cutter so I plan to do a lot of my own fab work like sliders, cage, stinger, bumpers, ect.
Brayyx322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #794
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,352
Well its been a while since I updated this. I've done a few little things since I was last on here. I wet-sanded and waxed the whole jeep to refresh the paint and then changed out the front springs to some that weren't as bent up .

The most recent thing I did was order some LED bars. I found a company that sells LED bars at a pretty good price with great reviews. I decided to give them a shot and try them out. I originally was going to order a 50" bar but then decided to get two 20" bars that I can mount to my cage and have them still be protected in the event that I roll.


Here is the 1st package that arrived.




packaging seems pretty good. I was impressed.





measures 20" as advertised.




both lights




One of the lights has a CREE sticker on it, the other doesn't





threw them on the hood of the jeep to test them out.




stock headlights with brights on




bars on (still have a little bit of daylight coming in the garage)




low beams on (mostly dark outside now)




high beams on




both LED bars on (garage lights off and mostly dark outside)




And this is how i plan on mounting them to my cage






that's it for now. In the next couple weeks I plan to make some tabs and weld them up to my cage. Well update once I do.
__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 07:53 PM   #795
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,688
where did you order them from?
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.