post #751 of Old 01-21-2014, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,505
Lou let me know when you find out if you're moving to Raleigh. Id love to get together sometime.


~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline  
post #752 of Old 01-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Louie4
Rickety Wrecked Son!
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 10,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Lou let me know when you find out if you're moving to Raleigh. Id love to get together sometime.
Will do. We'll find out in a couple weeks.

Those joints are beef by the way.

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline  
post #753 of Old 03-05-2014, 09:52 PM
Overhead
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sterling
Posts: 1,388
Your rig is magnificent, really glad you sent me the link. Great work!
Overhead is offline  
post #754 of Old 03-05-2014, 09:56 PM
awinski
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gap
Posts: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post

Oh yea. Thats why Im trying to SLOWLY collect parts. I have the Artec 4 link frame brackets that i bought about 6 months ago. And a couple weeks ago I received the disc brake brackets from Ruffstuff for my EATON axle.

One the subject of collecting parts I had 2 new parts show up today. I finally decided to use my Metalcloak gift card I won from the YJOTM contest in May. Thanks again to Metalcloak for supporting the contest. I used the gift card to order 2 Duroflex joints. I only need 6 more now for my rear end

Anyway these things look and feel pretty strong. Time will tell. Ive read a bunch of good reviews on them so I figured its worth a shot. These are the
2 5/8" x 2 5/8", 1 1/4" stud joints. Same size as a common Johnny Joint

couple pics of one of them

Plan to use the same joints, they ran a pretty penny, hope it's worth it

The ONLY chlorophyll JK
one more horse power than the average pentastar; http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...-build-2157673
twitter/IG - @Becauseracejeep
awinski is offline  
post #755 of Old 03-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Louie4
Rickety Wrecked Son!
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 10,542
How's the GC build Chris?

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline  
post #756 of Old 03-08-2014, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
Your rig is magnificent, really glad you sent me the link. Great work!
Thanks man. hope the WFO hoops work well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
Plan to use the same joints, they ran a pretty penny, hope it's worth it
Everything I've been reading on them says they should be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
How's the GC build Chris?
ummmm slow. Its been sitting on the side of the housee for a while. We got it back to road worthy and fixed all the cosmetics on it then we parked it and havent really touched it. Jessica doesnt know if she wants to build it anymore. She said she may just wait and buy a wrangler down the road to play with/ build up.

~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline  
post #757 of Old 03-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Everything I've been reading on them says they should be worth it.
they won't be, you will spend more money swapping them all out for actual johnny joints when you realize they suck.
Climbit is offline  
post #758 of Old 03-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Louie4
Rickety Wrecked Son!
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 10,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
ummmm slow. Its been sitting on the side of the housee for a while. We got it back to road worthy and fixed all the cosmetics on it then we parked it and havent really touched it. Jessica doesnt know if she wants to build it anymore. She said she may just wait and buy a wrangler down the road to play with/ build up.
That's understandable and I don't blame her for wanting to go the Wrangler route. I've been looking around for an old FJ-40 to restore/play with. It's not like I have the money but it never hurts to look.

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline  
post #759 of Old 03-09-2014, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
they won't be, you will spend more money swapping them all out for actual johnny joints when you realize they suck.
Honestly Taylor I dont care about your opinion on this subject. You're too much of a Currie fanboy to even admit if there was a better product on the market. I know the JJ is tried and true and taken abuse, but theres also a lot about the JJ that people dont like, and hopefully the new DF joints will shine in those areas. I'm not saying that the DF joint is the best in the world. It would be stupid of me to say that, I havent even ran them yet. But what I am going to do is try out a new joint that is on the market and see if I like it. I've done research on these and so far everyone seems to like them, only time will tell how they hold up. Just to make this even more confusing. I honestly dont like MC. I think their products are hideous and would never put them on my rig. But so far they seem like they're done at least one thing right and that's build a good joint. WE SHALL SEE.

~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline  
post #760 of Old 03-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Climbit
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Honestly Taylor I dont care about your opinion on this subject. You're too much of a Currie fanboy to even admit if there was a better product on the market. I know the JJ is tried and true and taken abuse, but theres also a lot about the JJ that people dont like, and hopefully the new DF joints will shine in those areas. I'm not saying that the DF joint is the best in the world. It would be stupid of me to say that, I havent even ran them yet. But what I am going to do is try out a new joint that is on the market and see if I like it. I've done research on these and so far everyone seems to like them, only time will tell how they hold up. Just to make this even more confusing. I honestly dont like MC. I think their products are hideous and would never put them on my rig. But so far they seem like they're done at least one thing right and that's build a good joint. WE SHALL SEE.

I am only a fan of currie products because so far, out of all the crap I have done to my jeep (and others) their products, JJs included, are the only things that have held up and done exactly what they advertised. I get nothing from them, no special treatment. in fact all I (and many others) get is berated for supporting their products and labeled a "fanboy". why would I put up with that for no good reason? it would be easy for me to sling some other product that doesn't carry the same stigma. but I wouldn't BS you for no reason chris, I consider us friends. I am simply trying save you a headache down the road.

I'm really curious what you don't like about the JJ, and what you think the MC joint does better.
Climbit is offline  
post #761 of Old 03-09-2014, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
I am only a fan of currie products because so far, out of all the crap I have done to my jeep (and others) their products, JJs included, are the only things that have held up and done exactly what they advertised. I get nothing from them, no special treatment. in fact all I (and many others) get is berated for supporting their products and labeled a "fanboy". why would I put up with that for no good reason? it would be easy for me to sling some other product that doesn't carry the same stigma. but I wouldn't BS you for no reason chris, I consider us friends. I am simply trying save you a headache down the road.

I'm really curious what you don't like about the JJ, and what you think the MC joint does better.
Sorry for sounding like a jerk earlier Taylor. I consider us friends as well. I just get tired of people saying one way is the only way. I like to try new things and be different. Hence why i'll be running an EATON HO72 rear instead of the standard 14B. Its people like me who are willing to test new products and give a company a chance to make it in this industry. Again I am not saying that the MC joint is better. What I am saying is that i'm going to try them out. I have zero PERSONAL experience with JJs. Just some things that i read on the internet. If the MC is just as good in every department as the JJ + is a quieter joint then I think I'll be happy with it. I have nothing against loud clanking noises either way . You gotta remember, this all started with a gift card from MC. They support the YJOTM contest EVERY month and I figure i'll try to support them. After I purchase all the joints I'll have spent just as much as i would've on JJs. This is not me cheaping out and buying an inferior product, its me trying a product that's new to the market.


~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline  
post #762 of Old 03-09-2014, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,505
In other news I built this today. Next weekend I will have something to occupy the space. Any guesses?


~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline  
post #763 of Old 03-09-2014, 04:34 PM
DpDave
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Crystal River
Posts: 335
Not sure what you plan to do with it, but I would likely use it to support a new axle...

If yer gonna fight, fight like the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1521567/
DpDave is offline  
post #764 of Old 03-09-2014, 04:47 PM
AZdEvilYJ
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 6,444
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ
In other news I built this today. Next weekend I will have something to occupy the space. Any guesses?
D60

'95 YJ 2.5L
March '15 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is offline  
post #765 of Old 03-09-2014, 05:06 PM
DpDave
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Crystal River
Posts: 335
WOOT

If yer gonna fight, fight like the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1521567/
DpDave is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Jeep Build: Minty White Country XJ Build GTEIS300 Jeep Builds 34 01-20-2013 10:42 AM
JeepWJ26 Build--Johnny Cash Build JeepWJ26 Jeep Builds 31 01-09-2012 11:15 AM
JeepDVL45's 'Bruiser' Build -- A Daily Driver's slow build JeepDVL45 Jeep Builds 41 08-11-2011 09:44 AM
smitty built rear bumper, the non tire carrier version bandit455 Jeep Picture Requests 11 11-19-2009 05:05 PM
Tomb Raider Rubicon Gallery (film version)? Mead Jeep Picture Requests 0 11-08-2006 07:08 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome