Just another YJ build... My version - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another YJ build... My version

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #751
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Lou let me know when you find out if you're moving to Raleigh. Id love to get together sometime.

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 07:03 PM   #752
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Lou let me know when you find out if you're moving to Raleigh. Id love to get together sometime.
Will do. We'll find out in a couple weeks.

Those joints are beef by the way.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2014, 09:52 PM   #753
Overhead
You built a 4cyl?

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Your rig is magnificent, really glad you sent me the link. Great work!
Overhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #754
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Oh yea. Thats why Im trying to SLOWLY collect parts. I have the Artec 4 link frame brackets that i bought about 6 months ago. And a couple weeks ago I received the disc brake brackets from Ruffstuff for my EATON axle.

One the subject of collecting parts I had 2 new parts show up today. I finally decided to use my Metalcloak gift card I won from the YJOTM contest in May. Thanks again to Metalcloak for supporting the contest. I used the gift card to order 2 Duroflex joints. I only need 6 more now for my rear end

Anyway these things look and feel pretty strong. Time will tell. Ive read a bunch of good reviews on them so I figured its worth a shot. These are the
2 5/8" x 2 5/8", 1 1/4" stud joints. Same size as a common Johnny Joint

couple pics of one of them

Plan to use the same joints, they ran a pretty penny, hope it's worth it
Unread 03-06-2014, 07:13 AM   #755
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

How's the GC build Chris?

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 03-08-2014, 03:30 PM   #756
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhead View Post
Your rig is magnificent, really glad you sent me the link. Great work!
Thanks man. hope the WFO hoops work well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
Plan to use the same joints, they ran a pretty penny, hope it's worth it
Everything I've been reading on them says they should be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
How's the GC build Chris?
ummmm slow. Its been sitting on the side of the housee for a while. We got it back to road worthy and fixed all the cosmetics on it then we parked it and havent really touched it. Jessica doesnt know if she wants to build it anymore. She said she may just wait and buy a wrangler down the road to play with/ build up.

Unread 03-09-2014, 01:20 AM   #757
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Everything I've been reading on them says they should be worth it.
they won't be, you will spend more money swapping them all out for actual johnny joints when you realize they suck.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2014, 06:14 AM   #758
Louie4
Powah Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ummmm slow. Its been sitting on the side of the housee for a while. We got it back to road worthy and fixed all the cosmetics on it then we parked it and havent really touched it. Jessica doesnt know if she wants to build it anymore. She said she may just wait and buy a wrangler down the road to play with/ build up.
That's understandable and I don't blame her for wanting to go the Wrangler route. I've been looking around for an old FJ-40 to restore/play with. It's not like I have the money but it never hurts to look.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
University of Georgia
Unread 03-09-2014, 06:23 AM   #759
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
they won't be, you will spend more money swapping them all out for actual johnny joints when you realize they suck.
Honestly Taylor I dont care about your opinion on this subject. You're too much of a Currie fanboy to even admit if there was a better product on the market. I know the JJ is tried and true and taken abuse, but theres also a lot about the JJ that people dont like, and hopefully the new DF joints will shine in those areas. I'm not saying that the DF joint is the best in the world. It would be stupid of me to say that, I havent even ran them yet. But what I am going to do is try out a new joint that is on the market and see if I like it. I've done research on these and so far everyone seems to like them, only time will tell how they hold up. Just to make this even more confusing. I honestly dont like MC. I think their products are hideous and would never put them on my rig. But so far they seem like they're done at least one thing right and that's build a good joint. WE SHALL SEE.

Unread 03-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #760
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Honestly Taylor I dont care about your opinion on this subject. You're too much of a Currie fanboy to even admit if there was a better product on the market. I know the JJ is tried and true and taken abuse, but theres also a lot about the JJ that people dont like, and hopefully the new DF joints will shine in those areas. I'm not saying that the DF joint is the best in the world. It would be stupid of me to say that, I havent even ran them yet. But what I am going to do is try out a new joint that is on the market and see if I like it. I've done research on these and so far everyone seems to like them, only time will tell how they hold up. Just to make this even more confusing. I honestly dont like MC. I think their products are hideous and would never put them on my rig. But so far they seem like they're done at least one thing right and that's build a good joint. WE SHALL SEE.

I am only a fan of currie products because so far, out of all the crap I have done to my jeep (and others) their products, JJs included, are the only things that have held up and done exactly what they advertised. I get nothing from them, no special treatment. in fact all I (and many others) get is berated for supporting their products and labeled a "fanboy". why would I put up with that for no good reason? it would be easy for me to sling some other product that doesn't carry the same stigma. but I wouldn't BS you for no reason chris, I consider us friends. I am simply trying save you a headache down the road.

I'm really curious what you don't like about the JJ, and what you think the MC joint does better.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #761
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post
I am only a fan of currie products because so far, out of all the crap I have done to my jeep (and others) their products, JJs included, are the only things that have held up and done exactly what they advertised. I get nothing from them, no special treatment. in fact all I (and many others) get is berated for supporting their products and labeled a "fanboy". why would I put up with that for no good reason? it would be easy for me to sling some other product that doesn't carry the same stigma. but I wouldn't BS you for no reason chris, I consider us friends. I am simply trying save you a headache down the road.

I'm really curious what you don't like about the JJ, and what you think the MC joint does better.
Sorry for sounding like a jerk earlier Taylor. I consider us friends as well. I just get tired of people saying one way is the only way. I like to try new things and be different. Hence why i'll be running an EATON HO72 rear instead of the standard 14B. Its people like me who are willing to test new products and give a company a chance to make it in this industry. Again I am not saying that the MC joint is better. What I am saying is that i'm going to try them out. I have zero PERSONAL experience with JJs. Just some things that i read on the internet. If the MC is just as good in every department as the JJ + is a quieter joint then I think I'll be happy with it. I have nothing against loud clanking noises either way . You gotta remember, this all started with a gift card from MC. They support the YJOTM contest EVERY month and I figure i'll try to support them. After I purchase all the joints I'll have spent just as much as i would've on JJs. This is not me cheaping out and buying an inferior product, its me trying a product that's new to the market.

Unread 03-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #762
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

In other news I built this today. Next weekend I will have something to occupy the space. Any guesses?

Unread 03-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #763
DpDave
Semper Fidelis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Not sure what you plan to do with it, but I would likely use it to support a new axle...

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1521567/
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2014, 04:47 PM   #764
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ
In other news I built this today. Next weekend I will have something to occupy the space. Any guesses?
D60

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2014, 05:06 PM   #765
DpDave
Semper Fidelis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

WOOT

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/t...build-1521567/
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.