Worked on my seat mounts for a little bit today.
I wanted to be have a slider with my seats that way different sized drivers can still fit. My GF is about 5'4" and has to slide the seat all the way up when she drives. I though about making some trick sliders or going the polyperformance route. Then I remembered that my Mastercraft seats are compatible with the stock risers and sliders. So I ended up just bolting the stock sliders to the Mastercraft frame. I am then using some angle iron bolted to that to mount to my cage. I will have tabs that come off of my cage seats mounts that bolt through the angle iron. I saw this done on Pirate and it seems like a simple effective way to retain the stock sliders.
Here is the angle iron all bolted up to the sliders/seats
after I got that done I headed out to the garage and looked at my blank slate
before I got started I threw the seats in just to see what they're gonna look like. I like it
Then I started notching some tube and laying out the plan
And I capped off that dead tube
I wanted the seats to sit as low as possible. I've read up on the subject and it seems to be the minimum space that you want under a set of suspension seats its around 2.5"-3". I've got around 3" the way im going to set it up. This should leave plenty of head room as well.
With around 1"-1.5" below the tube, then 1.75" tube, then the 1.5" angle iron and sliders on top of that I'd be a little too high. So I notched the angle to sit lower on the tube frame.
This is how I cut out the angle iron. I used a 4 1/2" grinder and made a bunch of slits
And then chopped the little pieces off
Hit up up with a flapper and threw them up to check clearances
This is as far as I got today. Next I need to start working on the passenger frame then get the mounting tabs tac'd on and the seat angle drilled out.