So I started some of my Cage build over the weekend. Its been raining nonstop the last 2 weeks here so you just have to get in the work whenever weather permits.
I started Fri by myself by pulling the old cage and getting some of the tools set up.
Starting photo. Say goodbye to the old cage.
Then I cut the old cage in half and pulled it. I tried to get it out without cutting but it didnt even budge
after that was done I got the bender set up, took some measurements and started bending
started on my first piece. This is my A-C pillar
After getting the one piece built the weather was slowly starting to change on me. Id been outside working on the jeep for 7 hrs straight at this time so i decided to call it a day.
The next morning i got started early. I started drilling out the cage plates i got to 1/2" and i also traced them and cut some more out. Sorry but I didnt get any pics of this boring job.
A little later that morning some friends showed up to help out for the day...
We promptly started bending my second A-C pillar. Here is Buck(USMCBuckWild) and Garret(Duggan98TJ) working the bender.
Then we checked fitment in the jeep. It needed a little trimming, but that was expected. Id rather have it long and cut some off then bend a piece thats too short.
Then we threw in both pillars and started taking measurements to get them tacked in. Here we see Buck airing up one of my tires to level the jeep with my driveway.
After we got these tac'd in we called it a day. It was a long productive day. There is a lot more involved than these pics show. A lot of measuring and triple checking measurements. Also drilling and mounting the cage feet etc, all while drinking beer and eating pizza
Sunday it was raining so I wasnt able to get any work done on the cage. Plus my gf was mad at me because i spent all day Fri and Sat on the jeep, so i took her out to lunch and a movie
Yesterday though I did get a small amount of work done.
First thing I did was mock up some tape and see where I wanted my B-pillar overhead bar. Once i figured out the location I took some measurements, measured some tube and threw it in the notcher. I failed to take pics of this part. I looks the same as everytime i notch tube though.
B- pillar overhead bar tac'd in place
Pic of notch
Now before I could move on to making the B-pillar uprights, i had to make some B-pillar cage feet.
spent some time taking some measurements then I whipped these up
And thats as far as I've gotten so far. This is definitely taking longer than I thought it would, but thats ok because i want to take my time and get it 100% right. Doesnt help having bad weather on your side either.
Thats all for now folks
EDIT: please excuse the white glare in the bottom left of all the pictures. I cracked my camera lense and need to get it fixed