Just another YJ build... My version - Page 37 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another YJ build... My version

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Reply
Unread 06-08-2013, 07:50 PM   #541
trailrider787
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Buford, Georgia
Posts: 460
Looks good without the windshield, gotta love tractor supply.

trailrider787 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #542
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,384
Well I've been wanting to rebuild my cage for a long time. I decided Im going to move it up to the top of my list. This will be a pretty expensive project unfortunately so I will hold off purchasing some stuff for my winter project until i can catch up.

The first thing I did was snag the Bend-tech software to help me out. I didnt feel like shelling out $275 for Bend-tech pro so I ordered Bend-tech EZ3D. I know a couple people who use it and say while its not as good as Pro it is still a very good buy.

I also decided to order up some seats. I figured I would give the new Mastercraft Nomad seats a try. The name Mastercraft speaks for itself and the price is perfect. I starting PMing some vendors on Pirate4x4 for some prices, then it occurred to me that sometimes its cheaper and quicker to get things through a major retailer. I hopped on 4WD.com and the seats qualified for free shipping. I also used a coupon code I found online for another 5% off the total purchase. I ended up getting 2 seats for $379 shipped.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Interior-Par...t_pn=MCS530004




Will update when something else meaningful happens
__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #543
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie
 
AZdEvilYJ's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ
Well I've been wanting to rebuild my cage for a long time. I decided Im going to move it up to the top of my list. This will be a pretty expensive project unfortunately so I will hold off purchasing some stuff for my winter project until i can catch up.

The first thing I did was snag the Bend-tech software to help me out. I didnt feel like shelling out $275 for Bend-tech pro so I ordered Bend-tech EZ3D. I know a couple people who use it and say while its not as good as Pro it is still a very good buy.

I also decided to order up some seats. I figured I would give the new Mastercraft Nomad seats a try. The name Mastercraft speaks for itself and the price is perfect. I starting PMing some vendors on Pirate4x4 for some prices, then it occurred to me that sometimes its cheaper and quicker to get things through a major retailer. I hopped on 4WD.com and the seats qualified for free shipping. I also used a coupon code I found online for another 5% off the total purchase. I ended up getting 2 seats for $379 shipped.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Interior-Par...t_pn=MCS530004



Will update when something else meaningful happens
I really dig those seats. Are you going to have to fab up seat mounts or will they bolt up to the stock risers?
__________________
'95 YJ 2.5L
March '13 & '14 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #544
USMCBuckWild
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
Posts: 976
Let me know when you want to get started on that cage. I'll bring the beer! Since I will be without work for abit, Iwill have some time to kill. Gonna finish up my rear bumper as well. Let me see what I can do about snagging some tube; what size are you doing the cage?
__________________
91 YJ, 350/700R4/231, 8.8/HPD30 with 3.73s, 6" SOA with 38" TSLs. If I ever see the previous owner again, I am going to curb stomp that meth-head brain dead crackpot.
USMCBuckWild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #545
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,384
1.75x.120 DOM. I already got some from Gulfstream. I'll probably need some more but i'll just wait til the time comes
__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #546
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
I really dig those seats. Are you going to have to fab up seat mounts or will they bolt up to the stock risers?
I'll be mounting them to the cage. So ill be fabbing seat mount.

They do bolt to the factory YJ mounts though apparently. Thats what the description says
__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #547
AZdEvilYJ
Garage Junkie
 
AZdEvilYJ's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ

I'll be mounting them to the cage. So ill be fabbing seat mount.

They do bolt to the factory YJ mounts though apparently. Thats what the description says
Lol I guess I shoulda opened the link first . Thanks for the reply dude those look comfy!
__________________
'95 YJ 2.5L
March '13 & '14 YJ of the Month!
Exiled Offroad - Arizona

My Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/a...nally-1575209/
AZdEvilYJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #548
USMCBuckWild
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
Posts: 976
Let me know if there is anything else you need. I picked up 6 of the screw mounts from a 7-ton (the ones that hold the bedsides together) off the side of the road. I plan on using 2 for my hi-lift and 1 for the jerry can mount. That leaves 3 extras if you have any use for them. I also snagged some new vents for the hood as well. Got some other goodies hanging around too.....

Soooooo, your boys "stalked" my wife this morning in the jeep. Scared the hell out of her at a stop light and gave her a card. Hahaha, they got a little more than they bargained for when the dog surprised them from the back of the jeep.
__________________
91 YJ, 350/700R4/231, 8.8/HPD30 with 3.73s, 6" SOA with 38" TSLs. If I ever see the previous owner again, I am going to curb stomp that meth-head brain dead crackpot.
USMCBuckWild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #549
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZdEvilYJ View Post
Lol I guess I shoulda opened the link first . Thanks for the reply dude those look comfy!
No problem man. And they do look comfy. I hope they feel as comfortable as they look. I imagine they will

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBuckWild View Post
Let me know if there is anything else you need. I picked up 6 of the screw mounts from a 7-ton (the ones that hold the bedsides together) off the side of the road. I plan on using 2 for my hi-lift and 1 for the jerry can mount. That leaves 3 extras if you have any use for them. I also snagged some new vents for the hood as well. Got some other goodies hanging around too.....

Soooooo, your boys "stalked" my wife this morning in the jeep. Scared the hell out of her at a stop light and gave her a card. Hahaha, they got a little more than they bargained for when the dog surprised them from the back of the jeep.
Im sure I can find something to use those &-ton screw mounts for.


Yea those "stalker" guys are kinda ridiculous now. The original members are all deployed now so its run by a bunch a JK mall crawlers. They're more concerned about getting as many members on their facebook page as they can and going to the beach every weekend. Pretty gay. There is a select few of us that like to wheel hard. and we're not part of the beach going crowd.
__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #550
USMCBuckWild
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sneads Ferry, NC
Posts: 976
Yeah, with your pastey complexion the beach probably isn't the place for you!

Let me poke around and see what other goodies i have for you. I am going to need some bartering itsms to get use of your tubing bender for my new bumper
__________________
91 YJ, 350/700R4/231, 8.8/HPD30 with 3.73s, 6" SOA with 38" TSLs. If I ever see the previous owner again, I am going to curb stomp that meth-head brain dead crackpot.
USMCBuckWild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #551
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBuckWild View Post
Yeah, with your pastey complexion the beach probably isn't the place for you!

Let me poke around and see what other goodies i have for you. I am going to need some bartering itsms to get use of your tubing bender for my new bumper


and you know you can use my bender whenever man. I should hopefully be starting the cage build soon. My seats should be delivered tomorrow and I need to buy some more steel before i start. Maybe next weekend, weekend of the 31. you gonna be available?
__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 01:53 PM   #552
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,384
Got my seats in today. Now the question is, do I mount them up to see how they look? or just wait til i start my cage rebuild? Hmmm.....






__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #553
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: JBMDL, New Jersey
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ
Got my seats in today. Now the question is, do I mount them up to see how they look? or just wait til i start my cage rebuild? Hmmm.....






They do look good.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
Gratitude and Gold both start with G and are just as rare.
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #554
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 2,384
Thank you. I can't wait to start the cage build and get them mounted up
__________________
~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #555
Louie4
Powah Injanir
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 9,924
Chris,

Some buddies and myself and making a run at the Adventure Off Road Park. It's West of Chattanooga which I know is a haul for you but just letting you know before July is over. We want to get there Friday July 26th and roll out Sunday.

http://www.adventureoffroadpark.com/
__________________
Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.