Just another YJ build... My version - Page 21 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #301 of 890 Old 12-31-2012, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
'92 vegas YJ
Web Wheeler
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Climbit View Post

its not the hoops I worry about. its the frame they are attached to.
That's why i plated the frame. I don't have any concerns with the frame. But again i do plan to brace them


~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month


My one ton YJ unlimited build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...on-yj-3581106/
'92 vegas YJ is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 890 Old 01-07-2013, 04:56 AM
rulppa
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: FINLAND
Posts: 539
nice, good to see that atleast one of us has been busy with the YJ. got little inspiration back, thanks
rulppa is offline  
post #303 of 890 Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Unii
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,273
I've been going through this about everyday start to finish, you're killing me haha.

I've decided to get rid of the disconnect housing as well like joe dillard did. Looks easy enough.
Unii is offline  
post #304 of 890 Old 01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Louie4
Jeep Enjuneering
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 10,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unii View Post
I've been going through this about everyday start to finish, you're killing me haha.

I've decided to get rid of the disconnect housing as well like joe dillard did. Looks easy enough.
Let me know how this goes and if you have any tube leftover that I could buy off you I may do the same.

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline  
post #305 of 890 Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 PM
soonermatt
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 1,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post

Let me know how this goes and if you have any tube leftover that I could buy off you I may do the same.
What are you two talking about? Retubing? (i have a plate on mine)
soonermatt is offline  
post #306 of 890 Old 01-07-2013, 05:43 PM
sxysouthtx
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnsboro
Posts: 906
When I got rid of my TJ and got my YJ, I really started to hate it. But I'm slowly loving YJ's more than I ever could love a TJ. And your YJ is definitely the perfect rig. Trade you my soul for that YJ. haha.

Not much motion in the ocean, but I'm the captain.
sxysouthtx is offline  
post #307 of 890 Old 01-07-2013, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
'92 vegas YJ
Web Wheeler
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulppa View Post
nice, good to see that atleast one of us has been busy with the YJ. got little inspiration back, thanks
I've been trying to keep at it. I know its hard to lose motivation. Just dont give up. You're build gave me lots of motivation and inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unii View Post
I've been going through this about everyday start to finish, you're killing me haha.

I've decided to get rid of the disconnect housing as well like joe dillard did. Looks easy enough.
Thanks man. Let me know if you try the vacuum delete. I'd love to see how it turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Let me know how this goes and if you have any tube leftover that I could buy off you I may do the same.
Same thing. I'd love to see how it turns out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermatt View Post
What are you two talking about? Retubing? (i have a plate on mine)
This is what they're talking about http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...beware-793813/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxysouthtx View Post
When I got rid of my TJ and got my YJ, I really started to hate it. But I'm slowly loving YJ's more than I ever could love a TJ. And your YJ is definitely the perfect rig. Trade you my soul for that YJ. haha.
Thank you very much. I could use the soul, I put mine into my Jeep and now im soul-less

~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month


My one ton YJ unlimited build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...on-yj-3581106/
'92 vegas YJ is offline  
post #308 of 890 Old 01-07-2013, 07:40 PM
soonermatt
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 1,408
Sleeving the axle looks sweet. I suspected that's what they were talking about but not sure.
You gonna do the u-bolt eliminator plates? Please do pictures. I'll enjoy watching.
soonermatt is offline  
post #309 of 890 Old 01-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Unii
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Let me know how this goes and if you have any tube leftover that I could buy off you I may do the same.

i'll probably order from here since no one local will probably sell me a small cut.

http://www.stockcarsteel.com/dom-ste...-over-mandrel/
Unii is offline  
post #310 of 890 Old 01-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Louie4
Jeep Enjuneering
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 10,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermatt View Post
Sleeving the axle looks sweet. I suspected that's what they were talking about but not sure.
You gonna do the u-bolt eliminator plates? Please do pictures. I'll enjoy watching.
See Chris' link above. It was a sweet write-up Mr. Dillard did a few years back. I would like to do that with mine once I get moved into the house and pick up my welder this weekend. Of course I need to address body mounts and a frame patch where I had to cut the steering box bolt out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unii View Post
i'll probably order from here since no one local will probably sell me a small cut.

http://www.stockcarsteel.com/dom-ste...-over-mandrel/
Looks like a good site. Let me know how it goes if you buy from them. I was asking because I figured you would have to buy a minimum length from where ever you got it. I know I was not able to get small cuts from the distributors in Georgia. I was probably asking the wrong folks though.

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline  
post #311 of 890 Old 01-12-2013, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
'92 vegas YJ
Web Wheeler
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,564
No new progress on the Jeep lately but I did pick up a new toy.

Ive been wanting to upgrade to a 220V welder recently and so ive been casually looking around. I ended up finding a MM175 on CL today for what I thought was a good deal. I went and looked at it and it ended up following me home. Im going to try it out and see how I like it. If I like how it feels and it lays down some nice beads I'll put my Hobart 140 up for sale on CL to recoup some money for the upgrade.

Heres some pics.




My 2 migs happy in the garage

~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month


My one ton YJ unlimited build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...on-yj-3581106/
'92 vegas YJ is offline  
post #312 of 890 Old 01-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Louie4
Jeep Enjuneering
 
Louie4's Avatar
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 10,771
Nice.

I just my donor Lincoln this weekend. It has flux core wire which I've never welded with. Either way it will be nice having a way to repair my jeep. First thing are the body mounts and a frame patch at the steering box.

Lou

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline  
post #313 of 890 Old 01-13-2013, 07:55 PM
soonermatt
Registered User
1994 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 1,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
No new progress on the Jeep lately but I did pick up a new toy.

Ive been wanting to upgrade to a 220V welder recently and so ive been casually looking around. I ended up finding a MM175 on CL today for what I thought was a good deal. I went and looked at it and it ended up following me home. Im going to try it out and see how I like it. If I like how it feels and it lays down some nice beads I'll put my Hobart 140 up for sale on CL to recoup some money for the upgrade.

Heres some pics.

My 2 migs happy in the garage
It's kind of needy -- but could you describe the improvement? I have a Hobart like yours and might upgrade to 220. I'm not sure it is worth it...
soonermatt is offline  
post #314 of 890 Old 01-15-2013, 04:15 AM
USMCBuckWild
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sneads Ferry
Posts: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
No new progress on the Jeep lately but I did pick up a new toy.

Ive been wanting to upgrade to a 220V welder recently and so ive been casually looking around. I ended up finding a MM175 on CL today for what I thought was a good deal. I went and looked at it and it ended up following me home. Im going to try it out and see how I like it. If I like how it feels and it lays down some nice beads I'll put my Hobart 140 up for sale on CL to recoup some money for the upgrade.

Heres some pics.




My 2 migs happy in the garage


Well shoot me a price!!
USMCBuckWild is offline  
post #315 of 890 Old 01-15-2013, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
'92 vegas YJ
Web Wheeler
 
'92 vegas YJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 2,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
Nice.

I just my donor Lincoln this weekend. It has flux core wire which I've never welded with. Either way it will be nice having a way to repair my jeep. First thing are the body mounts and a frame patch at the steering box.
Im excited for you. HAving a welder is the best tool you can have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermatt View Post
It's kind of needy -- but could you describe the improvement? I have a Hobart like yours and might upgrade to 220. I'm not sure it is worth it...
Well to start off it can weld 1/4" single pass. A major improvement that i see is that while welding most things that i weld on my HH140 I'm maxing out my welder. My heat setting is maxed out and i have to do a lot of prep to get good penetration. I will have to still do prep with the MM175 but less prep and get way more penetration. I also shouldn't hit my duty cycle that often anymore either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBuckWild View Post
Well shoot me a price!!
sent you a text

~'92 YJ with many upgrades and many more calling my name..... it never ends
~'07.5 Dodge Ram Megacab 2500, 6.7L Cummins turbo diesel

April 2012, May 2013, May 2014 YJ of the month


My one ton YJ unlimited build
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...on-yj-3581106/
'92 vegas YJ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Jeep Build: Minty White Country XJ Build GTEIS300 Jeep Builds 34 01-20-2013 10:42 AM
JeepWJ26 Build--Johnny Cash Build JeepWJ26 Jeep Builds 31 01-09-2012 11:15 AM
JeepDVL45's 'Bruiser' Build -- A Daily Driver's slow build JeepDVL45 Jeep Builds 41 08-11-2011 09:44 AM
smitty built rear bumper, the non tire carrier version bandit455 Jeep Picture Requests 11 11-19-2009 05:05 PM
Tomb Raider Rubicon Gallery (film version)? Mead Jeep Picture Requests 0 11-08-2006 07:08 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome