Well it's been about 2 weeks since I've update this, so I figure I'll bring you guys up to date.
First thing I did since Last time I updated was burn in my perches and shock mounts. Because I'm running the Teraflex upper shock bar I had to change out my lower shock mounts. I bought some Ruffstuff mounts a couple months ago and finally welded them up.
straight out of the box
Then I burned my perches and shock mounts on the 8.8
After all that I made a new rear driveshaft. I cut up a XJ shaft and internally sleeved it. I think the internal sleeve should last. It's 1.5x.25 sleeved with 1.75x.120 and then the shaft which is 2x.120.
Heres the inside of the shaft
Welded up and installed
And most everything bolted up in the rear
I was able to get my axles filled with fluid, bleed brakes and back her out of the garage again. It was dark so i wasnt really able to take any pics. Ill get some tomorrow.
I still have some things I need to do. I still need to bleed my brakes again, double check the tightness of EVERYTHING, set my toe, build my traction bar...ect. I also want to remove a leaf from my front waggy pack to lower it a little. I've been sitting high in the front for a while now. Just havent played with the springs in a while.
Also today I took advantage of some of the black friday sales going on. I ordered some Bilstein 5125 14" shocks for the front of my rig. I need to cut off my stock upper mounts and weld in my hoops. But thats for a later date.
That's all for now gents...