Just another LJ build - Page 99 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #1471
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
The end result seems pretty similar..... I'd just rather spray it than brush it on. It's really simple and clean the way the quarts just screw into the shutz gun, and especially since the trailer is just right there in front of you the prep work will be almost nil.
I have seen that setup and it does look simple enough . I still have some grinding to do on the floor , but I am hoping the bedliner will be forgiving and hide most of the welds .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Buy quality cry once man. Are you looking to Line-X just the inside or the whole thing? It wouldn't cost that much...

Too bad you aren't closer, I could get you a great deal on that. When I feel like tearing the Jeep apart I'm getting my tub in Line-X with UV topcoat for what Monstaliner costs. I'm doing almost all the work though .
I spent the money for Line X in the LJ and I am still happy with it after four years . It really didnt cost that much to spray the LJ now that I think of it , and I bet the trailer would be much cheaper because its much smaller . I plan on just bed lining the inside of the trailer and painting the exterior with a base/clear coat paint . Still not sure what color I want to paint the trailer . Green like the Jeep would be nice , but white would keep the trailer and everything in it much cooler .

Unread 07-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #1472
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I spent the money for Line X in the LJ and I am still happy with it after four years . It really didnt cost that much to spray the LJ now that I think of it , and I bet the trailer would be much cheaper because its much smaller . I plan on just bed lining the inside of the trailer and painting the exterior with a base/clear coat paint . Still not sure what color I want to paint the trailer . Green like the Jeep would be nice , but white would keep the trailer and everything in it much cooler .
The inside of that trailer wouldn't take much material at all and prepping it is cake. I don't know what your local guys prices are like but it won't cost that much more then the Monsta I'd bet you. I'd definitely get it priced out.

As far as the color I vote green. I like matching trailers so in this case I vote form over function .
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #1473
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The inside of that trailer wouldn't take much material at all and prepping it is cake. I don't know what your local guys prices are like but it won't cost that much more then the Monsta I'd bet you. I'd definitely get it priced out.
After some prodding from you I emailed a picture to the guy that Line X'ed my LJ . I will post up how much he wants to shoot it when I get an answer .

Quote:
As far as the color I vote green. I like matching trailers so in this case I vote form over function .
Green would look nice , maybe paint the metal tonneau white ?
Unread 07-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #1474
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
After some prodding from you I emailed a picture to the guy that Line X'ed my LJ . I will post up how much he wants to shoot it when I get an answer .
Just doing my job

Quote:
Green would look nice , maybe paint the metal tonneau white ?
You should ask in the Photoshop request thread for some different colors so we can vote
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #1475
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just start "another SJ thread - blue" and " another SJ thread - red" in this section

Looking for a set of dana 30 shafts for a TJ or XJ, stock and good condition. PM me if you have a set and willing to ship or are in LA.
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #1476
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I plan on just bed lining the inside of the trailer and painting the exterior with a base/clear coat paint . Still not sure what color I want to paint the trailer . Green like the Jeep would be nice , but white would keep the trailer and everything in it much cooler .
The trailer body should be green to match the jeep, with a custom white pinstripe/decal to match your hood. Use black on the tonneau to match the top on the Jeep. If you want to keep things cooler, you might consider insulating the trailer itself at some point.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #1477
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You should ask in the Photoshop request thread for some different colors so we can vote
If I get it outside today I will get a good side picture taken for the chop thread .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Just start "another SJ thread - blue" and " another SJ thread - red" in this section
The red one will sell eventually , I just maintain it . But the Blue one will slowly get built up a little . Sorry I didnt send you a drawing last night, will get it done today .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
The trailer body should be green to match the jeep, with a custom white pinstripe/decal to match your hood. Use black on the tonneau to match the top on the Jeep. If you want to keep things cooler, you might consider insulating the trailer itself at some point.
Green with a white pin stripe ? Funny you say that as that was what Kimbo and I were talking about last night . Insulation would work , but so would a white tonneau . I think Green with white would look nice ?
Unread 07-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #1478
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Green with a white pin stripe ? Funny you say that as that was what Kimbo and I were talking about last night . Insulation would work , but so would a white tonneau . I think Green with white would look nice ?
I think it would look okay, but a perfect match to the Jeep would be a black top. I wouldn't do white, personally... but that's just an opinion.

Unread 07-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #1479
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Look into Al's bedliner?

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #1480
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I like UPOL raptor liner.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #1481
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
Look into Al's bedliner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Either of these options get my vote.

Unread 07-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #1482
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think it would look okay, but a perfect match to the Jeep would be a black top. I wouldn't do white, personally... but that's just an opinion.
Once Kimbo saw the cost of paint she is leaning towards white Honestly until the paint shops open up on Monday I cant really price it that well all I am doing is make semi educated guesses .
Quote:
Look into Al's bedliner?
Another one to the list .
Quote:
Is that what is in yours ? How long have you had it and how is it holding up ? Want to take my Axial AX 10 as trade for painting my trailer beryl green ? Not that you know a paint guy or anything
Quote:
Either of these options get my vote.
Its all just money right ? Monday is when I can make some good decisions based on actual cost . Its hard to figure out the cost of paint , reducer , clear and primer . Plus I am waiting on a quote from Line X before I purchase any DIY stuff .
Unread 07-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #1483
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Is that what is in yours ? How long have you had it and how is it holding up ? Want to take my Axial AX 10 as trade for painting my trailer beryl green ? Not that you know a paint guy or anything
Yep, I raptor lined mine early 2011, it has held up great since. I highly recommend it.

We might can work something out. How much body work is involved? Base coat/clear coat or single stage? I can spray the bed liner too.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 03:55 PM   #1484
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Apparently Al's is superior. I don't have any first hand experience, but will soon.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:02 PM   #1485
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yep, I raptor lined mine early 2011, it has held up great since. I highly recommend it.
The Raptor seems to be around $100 , did you need to buy anything else ?

Quote:
We might can work something out. How much body work is involved? Base coat/clear coat or single stage? I can spray the bed liner too.
Beryl Green to match my LJ . Whatever paint is the most durable is what I prefer Body work ... for me its done , you would probably puke if I asked you to spray it as is . The trailer is two tubs made into one and neither tub was perfect to start .
Quote:
Apparently Al's is superior. I don't have any first hand experience, but will soon.
Al's looks like it is about the same cost , what swayed you that direction ?

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.