Just another LJ build - Page 94 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineArtec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 07-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #1396
AdamH07
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I love the STTs and have run them for years on numerous Jeeps. Glad to see your local shop can get them. If you ever run into issues getting them, I use a shop in Mooresville that gives me great prices on them. I know that's about 2 hours from you but it seems like you travel a lot.

Trailer looks AWESOME.

AdamH07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #1397
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

That trailer is coming out nicely. I'm with you on the wiring, I truly lack that skill.

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #1398
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
You sold a canoe without telling me?! Party foul!!
I sold two of them this week , does that make you feel better ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
I'll trade you a bunch of Jeep parts for it if you'll ship it to me.
Now we are getting somewhere , do I need to send a check back to you via your shipping agent when we are done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
That is what I am planning on doing with my left over alum if it ever arrives.
I plan on hitting the machine shop next week to see what kind of drops they may have .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH07 View Post
I love the STTs and have run them for years on numerous Jeeps. Glad to see your local shop can get them. If you ever run into issues getting them, I use a shop in Mooresville that gives me great prices on them. I know that's about 2 hours from you but it seems like you travel a lot.
If the local deal falls through I will check your place out but I would prefer to stay local for potential warranty issues . I am heading to Hickory tomorrow , you never know where I am going to be .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamH07 View Post
Trailer looks AWESOME.
Thanks , watch for the update tonight after the fireworks .

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
That trailer is coming out nicely. I'm with you on the wiring, I truly lack that skill.
Thanks but this time we killed the 12 Volt! Having a Nuclear Engineer in the house helped substantially

Pics tonight after the fireworks . Happy 4th everyone and thanks to all who serve and have served .
Unread 07-04-2013, 07:54 PM   #1399
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Now we are getting somewhere , do I need to send a check back to you via your shipping agent when we are done?
I am an oceanographer on an off shore drill rig. I will give you $30 above your asking price if you hold it for me. I can have my secretary send a mail order and arrange pickup at a later date. Yes?
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #1400
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I am an oceanographer on an off shore drill rig. I will give you $30 above your asking price if you hold it for me. I can have my secretary send a mail order and arrange pickup at a later date. Yes?
Your enrgish is entirely too good

This is the wiring that came out from under the Jeep . It had over 30 splices and it was a fire waiting to happen . So all of that came out and this is the newly rebuilt trailer tap / tail light harness .

The new harness is Occam approved I still cant believe how bad the old harness was , and how simple it ended up .

After all that wire was pulled and the new harness was fished in this was the reward .

We have lights ! Another day of welding / patching and I will start the body work . The goal is to have it shot in an epoxy primer and all welding complete by the end of next week . Oh yeah , theres the whole licensing thing to deal with too .
Unread 07-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #1401
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Your enrgish is entirely too good

This is the wiring that came out from under the Jeep . It had over 30 splices and it was a fire waiting to happen . So all of that came out and this is the newly rebuilt trailer tap / tail light harness .

The new harness is Occam approved I still cant believe how bad the old harness was , and how simple it ended up .

After all that wire was pulled and the new harness was fished in this was the reward .

We have lights ! Another day of welding / patching and I will start the body work . The goal is to have it shot in an epoxy primer and all welding complete by the end of next week . Oh yeah , theres the whole licensing thing to deal with too .

Sweet. Its looking like it coming together nicely.
Unread 07-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #1402
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
Sweet. Its looking like it coming together nicely.
Getting closer , and I didnt burn anything down fixing the 12 volt !
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #1403
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Today I got the shop cleaned up , rebuilt my lawn trailer and finished up the wiring on the LJ . Its not very exciting to look at but it does make for a clean install .

Donor metal and tab template .

The tab cut out , and factory wire loom holder .

Wire loom holder installed on the tab.

The tab and the wire loom holder installed . Like I said nothing too exciting to look at , but it does mean that the wiring on the LJ is 100% complete and ready to tow the trailer .
I really wanted to go get it inspected last week , but with the wiring and family in town it didnt happen . Hopefully this week I can get it legal and in primer .
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #1404
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

So if I read correctly in another build thread, you are talking about doing the jana kits and still keep the stock lockers? Why? I know you could still upgrade the lockers later, but kinda seems dumb to upgrade the part that isnt the weak link...

Just go ahead and replace them. I cant express how much I love having the detroit in the rear now. I wheeled my LJ harder today at URE than I ever would have with the rubi locker back there.

URE is awesome right now with all the rain we've been having lately btw.
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #1405
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So if I read correctly in another build thread, you are talking about doing the jana kits and still keep the stock lockers? Why? I know you could still upgrade the lockers later, but kinda seems dumb to upgrade the part that isnt the weak link...
Yup Jana gears on stock front lockers front and rear . The fronts are a decent design and they eliminate the LSD that likes to let loose in the rear .

Quote:
Just go ahead and replace them. I cant express how much I love having the detroit in the rear now. I wheeled my LJ harder today at URE than I ever would have with the rubi locker back there.
I like having a selectable locker , but I cant afford to change out to ARBs in addition to regearing . I think the front Rubi air locker will hold up to my light foot
Quote:
URE is awesome right now with all the rain we've been having lately btw.
I am sure it is some tire spinning, red clay covered goodness . I like the lack of dust , but cleaning up the mud afterwards almost makes me miss the dust .
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #1406
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yup Jana gears on stock front lockers front and rear . The fronts are a decent design and they eliminate the LSD that likes to let loose in the rear .

I like having a selectable locker , but I cant afford to change out to ARBs in addition to regearing . I think the front Rubi air locker will hold up to my light foot

I am sure it is some tire spinning, red clay covered goodness . I like the lack of dust , but cleaning up the mud afterwards almost makes me miss the dust .
Ask kyle craig how well his front rubi locker worked in the rear.

Mud wasn't too bad, it was so gunky that it didn't really fly up much. Still got my Jeep filthy, but not as bad as you would think. My hot pressure washer made quick work of it!
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #1407
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ask kyle craig how well his front rubi locker worked in the rear.
I didnt realize he blew one up , time to go do some more reading .
Quote:
Mud wasn't too bad, it was so gunky that it didn't really fly up much. Still got my Jeep filthy, but not as bad as you would think. My hot pressure washer made quick work of it!
Nasty mud , but its fun to spin around in .
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #1408
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I didnt realize he blew one up , time to go do some more reading .
Reading? Don't you have barbeque to eat?

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #1409
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Reading? Don't you have barbeque to eat?
I currently have Q' bloating , need to read to distract myself from the self induced pain .
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:05 PM   #1410
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I currently have Q' bloating , need to read to distract myself from the self induced pain .
Excellent...my work here is done.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.