Just another LJ build - Page 91 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #1351
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

In this global economy most things are made overseas. If it matters, my MTR's say made in the USA.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:13 PM   #1352
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
In this global economy most things are made overseas. If it matters, my MTR's say made in the USA.
If I can I buy American , my thought is that it keeps someone here in a job. I like the new MTRs , but I LOVED the old style makes it hard for me to like the new ones .
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:20 PM   #1353
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
If I can I buy American , my thought is that it keeps someone here in a job. I like the new MTRs , but I LOVED the old style makes it hard for me to like the new ones .
The old one's were pretty noisy on the road. The new ones were designed with a supercomputer so that has to mean they are good right?

If you look at the DOT code it will tell you where it is made.

DOT Code Company
BE B.F. Goodrich (Michelin) Tuscaloosa, AL
BF B.F Goodrich (Michelin) Woodburn, IN
AN B.F. Goodrich (Michelin) Opelika, AL
VE/YE/YU/8B Bridgestone/Firestone (Bridgestone) Des Moines, IA
2M/3M Bridgestone/Firestone (Bridgestone) Bloomington, IL
D2/E3/W1/Y7 Bridgestone/Firestone (Bridgestone) Lavergne, TE
2C/4D//5D Bridgestone/Firestone (Bridgestone) Morrison, TE
UP Cooper Finlay, OH
UT Cooper Texarkana, AR
DY Denman, (Penslar Capital) Warren, OH
DA Dunlop (Goodyear) Buffalo N.Y.
(my home town that is always hurting for work!)
JJ/MD/PU Goodyear Gadsden, AL
JN/MJ/PY Goodyear Topeka, KS
JE/MC/PT Goodyear Dansville, VA
JT/MK/TA Goodyear Union City, TN
JP/MP/PL Kelly-Springfield (Goodyear) Tyler, TX
JF/MM/PJ Kelly-Springfield (Goodyear) Fayetteville, NC
CC Yokohama Tire Salem, VA (Good tire) nickname: "Chokeyourmama"

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #1354
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Your Pitbulls are made in the USA , too bad they would shake my teeth out on the trip to the trail The MTZ is a nice looking tire , but they are expensive ! Of course none of the other tires are cheap .Sadly the cheapest is the Grabber and it doesnt have the best reviews .
Yeah, Pitbulls arent the most street friendly tire out there.

MTZs are awesome, but not worth the $60+ they cost above the other MTs on the market. I found mine new for $170 each a couple years back and jumped on them. Definitely would not buy them for retail though.
Jankoid is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #1355
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Yeah, Pitbulls arent the most street friendly tire out there.

MTZs are awesome, but not worth the $60+ they cost above the other MTs on the market. I found mine new for $170 each a couple years back and jumped on them. Definitely would not buy them for retail though.
I saw you trying to buy spare MTZs over on NC 4x4 , are they for the TJ ? Still searching for tires , should find something out this afternoon when I get the LJ inspected .
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #1356
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

A little off topic, but I just noticed your in Eden. I recently started working nearby out of the DOT office Riedsville and am usually working day to day in Madison on site for a bridge replacement. If you see any new plain white f150 with a yellow light on the roof checking out your jeep as you drive by its probably me... or one of the other 8-9 guys that work out of the same office
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #1357
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I saw you trying to buy spare MTZs over on NC 4x4 , are they for the TJ ?
Negative. If I buy them they will be for the LJ. Would be good tires for cruising around town and hitting the local trails; save the Pitbulls for big trips like Harlan and Windrock. My current MTZs are going on the TJ since they have 80-90% tread. Main reason though is that I could put off buying beadlocks for the Pitbulls directly after the axle swap. Mount the low tread MTZs on some cheapo steelies and deal with them until I can afford some nice beadlocks.
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #1358
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
A little off topic, but I just noticed your in Eden. I recently started working nearby out of the DOT office Riedsville and am usually working day to day in Madison on site for a bridge replacement. If you see any new plain white f150 with a yellow light on the roof checking out your jeep as you drive by its probably me... or one of the other 8-9 guys that work out of the same office
Are you driving back and forth from Raleigh ? I am headed over to Reidsville today to get the Jeep inspected , feel free to holler at me if you see me and we can talk Jeep .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
Negative. If I buy them they will be for the LJ. Would be good tires for cruising around town and hitting the local trails; save the Pitbulls for big trips like Harlan and Windrock. My current MTZs are going on the TJ since they have 80-90% tread. Main reason though is that I could put off buying beadlocks for the Pitbulls directly after the axle swap. Mount the low tread MTZs on some cheapo steelies and deal with them until I can afford some nice beadlocks.
Gotcha , good beadlocks are a sound investment . With the luck you have had double beadlocks may be in order .
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #1359
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
With the luck you have had double beadlocks may be in order .
Do you mean that in a good way or a bad way?
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #1360
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Chapel hill, each day but the company truck came with a gas card so I don't have to buy fuel at least. And ya I'll def flag you down if I see you sometime.
know anywhere cheap to live around the area. I either want super cheap that's at least not gross and is livable just to stay in Mondays - Thursday andjust go home over the weekend or somewhere decent for a bit more
Unread 06-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #1361
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
Chapel hill, each day but the company truck came with a gas card so I don't have to buy fuel at least. And ya I'll def flag you down if I see you sometime.
know anywhere cheap to live around the area. I either want super cheap that's at least not gross and is livable just to stay in Mondays - Thursday andjust go home over the weekend or somewhere decent for a bit more
Theres a nice little single wide close to me for rent , at least it looks nice from the outside . Its in the country off the major roads , but only two miles from 14 . I can get the number for you if you are interested ?
Unread 06-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #1362
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Todays Jeeping
Washed the Jeep and got the top and doors removed early .

The more exciting news is that Jonathon came over and popped a Rubicon locker bypass in for me . Now I can run the lockers in 2wd , and high range . He made it look easy , but I am pretty sure I would have made a mess of it . For the record 12v is teh debil !

And trailer fabbing is back underway with a goal of getting it titled by the end of next week .
Unread 06-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #1363
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
And trailer fabbing is back underway with a goal of getting it titled by the end of next week .
Schweet.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #1364
jforse
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Todays Jeeping
Washed the Jeep and got the top and doors removed early .

The more exciting news is that Jonathon came over and popped a Rubicon locker bypass in for me . Now I can run the lockers in 2wd , and high range . He made it look easy , but I am pretty sure I would have made a mess of it . For the record 12v is teh debil !

Nonsense 12volt is easy.
Unread 06-29-2013, 06:04 AM   #1365
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
Schweet.
Shocker isnt it ? The paperwork with the DMV is submitted , just need to get it road ready and to the State Highway Patrol for the final inspection .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jforse View Post
Nonsense 12volt is easy.
Its easy for you , and I thought it was easy to until I roasted my old VW cabriolet years ago .

Todays Jeeping
Off on a parts run to pick up and drop off stuff along the way . And we are going to go through Seagrove to check out the clay pots along the way .

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.