Just another LJ build - Page 76 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 05-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #1126
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I hit a roadblock tonight waiting on the missing bolts for the UCA's to come in tomorrow afternoon . So the drivers side rear is complete except for the UCA . Luckily a local JeepForum member (Ruffin4eva) swung by and when I mentioned what was stopping me from finishing he replied that he had the currie bolts I needed at his house ! So a short trip following the fastest Rubicon I have ever been behind to his place and I now have the much needed bolts to finish up everything tomorrow morning . Then tomorrow afternoon I can focus on all the little stuff . Thanks again Jon , I appreciate the heck out of you loaning me the bolts .
Awesome. That is the biggest drawback to running the currie stuff, we are a 5 day shipping point Keep up the progress and more pictures.

Unread 05-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #1127
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Awesome. That is the biggest drawback to running the currie stuff, we are a 5 day shipping point Keep up the progress and more pictures.
I was thankful that John had the bolts for that very reason. We just finished up lunch and its back to install the last upper . I cant wait to drive this and not have any clanging! The amount of wear on the clevite bushings in the JKS arms is shocking as they have just under 10,000 miles on them .Pics tonight ...
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #1128
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Rear control arms are all in and torqued to spec . Its 60lbs for the uppers and 90 for the lowers according to Currie .

Went ahead and did the SHoppe mod on the gas filler . I found it easier to remove the check valve and install it in the Jeep rubber hose .

Also made a bracket to mount my trailer plug to . It is installed and ready to go . Not sure why I got hung up doing this , as I am not towing anything out !

Lots of other little stuff completed today , along with an alignment . Tomorrow I am going to check some more little stuff , finish cleaning it up and maybe install the Macs air intake if I have time . Then early on Sunday we are heading for somewhere on the other side of St Louis .
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #1129
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Later this summer we are going to come down and camp/wheel.
I'll invite myself along for that, pending that I don't have my own rig torn apart at the time.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #1130
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
I'll invite myself along for that, pending that I don't have my own rig torn apart at the time.
I want to go down there for a weekend , maybe hit The Flats and go up to Shoe Creek this fall . Uwharrie is going to be first as I want some taters from The Outpost .
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #1131
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I want to go down there for a weekend , maybe hit The Flats and go up to Shoe Creek this fall . Uwharrie is going to be first as I want some taters from The Outpost .
I've been thinking about that Shoe Creek thing since Steak Night...and yeah, I'm all over some taters; I could go for some of those right NOW.

Unread 05-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #1132
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
I've been thinking about that Shoe Creek thing since Steak Night...and yeah, I'm all over some taters; I could go for some of those right NOW.
I agree , I think a basket of taters would go for upwards of $30 in this house tonight . Shoe Creek in the Fall is nice , we should try to make a run up there when the leaves start to change .
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #1133
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I agree , I think a basket of taters would go for upwards of $30 in this house tonight . Shoe Creek in the Fall is nice , we should try to make a run up there when the leaves start to change .
I'm down with Shoe Creek in the fall and whatever else, providing that there's food of equal caliber to Outpost Taters. Oh, speaking of food: wherever we end up going, I'm bringing that busted little grill that you gave me. Did I tell you that - in addition to steaks - it makes awesome pizza?

Pictured: Thick crust, with slices of fresh mozzarella and smoked sweet sausage, cooked over white oak. Nom.

Pictured: Thin crust with roasted red peppers, basil, onions, olives...the works. Also-Nom.

Pretty good eats for a grill that was seeing no love at Château Beasléy.

Unread 05-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #1134
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I loved that little grill , its 10 years old now . The only reason it went West with you is because I couldnt cook enough food on it for the family anymore and thats why I went up to the next sie Webber . Never tried to cook a pizza before , but it looks good . Next time your over I will load you up with some seasoned white and red oak to cook with if you want it . Lowes has charcoal 2 for 1 this weekend , I am grabbing some bags tomorrow while its half price .

All this food talk is killing me tonight ! Off to bed so I can finish the last push getting ready for the trip tomorrow ... and my stomach is growling .
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #1135
AndyE
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Holy rust Batman!

JF Rubicon Trip 2014
AndyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #1136
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Time for por15 and to move to the south
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #1137
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyE View Post
Holy rust Batman!
Brake rotors always rust ? And the axles have some surface rust , but thats all thats on it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Time for por15 and to move to the south
Rust Oleum and a wire brush will make quick work of it , just ran short of time . And theres no way I could live that far south , its just too hot for me .
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #1138
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Mac's cold/cabin air intake .

Under the hood is cleaned up a good bit .The old air intake box will be replaced with some type of small air compressor .
The Mac's intake is complete and it is a little different than most cold air setups as it filters the cabin air in addition to
feeding cooler air to the engine . The online directions werent the best , but I figured it out and look forward to clean air for my
son who has bad allergies .

We all have a bug and have put off leaving now until Monday morning , so that means we are heading to the Black Hills on the way
back from Moab with a possible detour through Yellowstone .

My power steering cooler came in , but I am not going install it before I leave as the Jeep is ready to go and I dont want to risk
leaving another day later due to unforeseen installation gremlins !
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:31 PM   #1139
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I've thought about that cooler. Also thought about doing Blaines hydro assist too but don't know much about it. I told myself no more mods for a while so I'm not going to even look at it .
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #1140
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I've thought about that cooler. Also thought about doing Blaines hydro assist too but don't know much about it. I told myself no more mods for a while so I'm not going to even look at it .
His hydro setup and cooler are slick , but for $30 I couldnt resist this one .

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.