Just another LJ build - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!

Unread 04-10-2012, 09:19 PM   #91
austinshepard
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Your fab work is awesome. I'm loving the front bumper, you should sell those haha but i hope one day i'll have the tools/skills that you do. Great build so far, definitely gunna keep checking up on this thread.

Sienna Jeep owners club #55
austinshepard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #92
contdevelop
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great! Do you plan to reinforce the rear bumper you are making to the frame rails? The rear cross member by itself is quite flimsy and will flex.
contdevelop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #93
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinshepard View Post
Your fab work is awesome. I'm loving the front bumper, you should sell those haha but i hope one day i'll have the tools/skills that you do. Great build so far, definitely gunna keep checking up on this thread.
Thanks for the compliments , but I couldnt sell one of the front bumpers as its a pretty close copy of a Rokmen , and while I am ok with making one for myself I wouldnt make one for anyone else . With a little practice and some steel you will be surprised at what you can make .Start practicing now , and soon enough you will be able to make your own bumper .

Quote:
Originally Posted by contdevelop View Post
Looks great! Do you plan to reinforce the rear bumper you are making to the frame rails? The rear cross member by itself is quite flimsy and will flex.
I have some right angle tie ins that connect the bumper to the frame . I think I will be cutting out the rear crossmember in the future and making an integrated crossmember/ raised bumper . For now this will have to do .
Unread 04-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #94
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

It was a beautiful day for fabwork , but I went and got this instead ! I have always wanted one , and this was a GREAT price . Now I have "yet another thing to weld on " according to my wife .

My plans are to spring it over and put some 31s or 33s on it vs the tractor tires it currently has . Also going to weld in a new floor and do some light body work . It should make for a nice little camping trailer , though I am unsure of what I will do with the two TJ tubs in the sideyard that I have cut in half . So many projects and so little time .

Unread 04-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #95
Sgt.Fuzz
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
It was a beautiful day for fabwork , but I went and got this instead ! I have always wanted one , and this was a GREAT price . Now I have "yet another thing to weld on " according to my wife .

My plans are to spring it over and put some 31s or 33s on it vs the tractor tires it currently has . Also going to weld in a new floor and do some light body work . It should make for a nice little camping trailer , though I am unsure of what I will do with the two TJ tubs in the sideyard that I have cut in half . So many projects and so little time .

Nice score dude. Those are hard to find, even harder still to find one in decent shape.
Unread 04-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #96
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Fuzz View Post
Nice score dude. Those are hard to find, even harder still to find one in decent shape.
I towed it an hour and a half at 60 mph and it did awesome . It has a little rust but overall its in good shape ... and best of of all it was cheap ! It will be on the back burner until I get the LJ finished up .
Unread 04-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #97
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

When I bought my LJ almost three years ago the paint on the hood was terrible . Lots of crows feet and a good sized dent from the previous owner having a piece of wood fly up off the interstate .

I was a little worried that the rest of the paint may get similar crows feet , but it hasnt so I decided to get the hood painted . I have shot paint in the past but I wanted this to look as good as the rest of the LJ so I got a few references and this is where it is as of today .

It should get paint tomorrow , then back on the LJ on Friday when I get home . I did get the M 416 cleaned up a little last weekend and I also started cutting up the two spare tubs to make my own jeep trailer . I didnt need the 416 , but I sure wanted it . 10 more days of crazy travel and I should be home for a few weeks to make some progress .
Unread 04-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #98
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looking good G. I like the bumpers and cant wait to see the trailer.
'87 MJ Comanche Chief - found in a field, now yard art
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #99
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Looking good G. I like the bumpers and cant wait to see the trailer.
I have started cutting the tubs , all I have left to decide is what to use as the frame . I have the factory frame , but I am considering welding up a box tube frame . Once the two halves are welded together , I will make a decision then .
Unread 04-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #100
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice LJ man. I really like what you've done with it.
Unread 04-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #101
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongalonga View Post
Nice LJ man. I really like what you've done with it.
Thanks , it has been a lot of fun to build it so far . More to come , just need to get home so I can get back to welding .
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #102
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Welding is a skill I really need to learn.
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #103
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongalonga View Post
Welding is a skill I really need to learn.
I started with a Lincoln 100 HD that I bought off of Craigslist for $100 . I got some scraps , an army manual and started practicing . I will give you the same advice that I was given , get a welder and use it ... then you will learn .
Unread 04-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #104
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Funny you say that. Sundowner was telling me the same thing. I suppose I will have to scour craigslist after I get some funds.
Unread 05-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #105
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The new basecoat is on and getting ready to be buffed . Still have the black inlay then the clear coat / flat coat center . I think it is going to look awesome when the retro rubicon stickers go on . Hopefully it will be finished and back on the LJ this weekend .

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.