Just another LJ build - Page 236 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #3526
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenworks View Post
Well I would ultimately like to have the skid bolt to the frame and extend to the oil pan in two pieces with the bolts flush to the pan.
Also going to do remote transmission/engine oil filters.
I've been reading up and I am liking the thought of using aluminum.
As for the weight loss I came home from the Marine Corps in 81 and started to pick up weight.
By 91 I gained 150 lbs.
By 2001 I couldn't take it anymore so I started watching what I ate and in two years I went from 325 to 200.
I am now at 219 but only consider myself to be about 10 lbs over weight.
I think eating good is the key and I am guilty of not doing that.
Do you plan on going with Savvy or UFC or making your own armor ?

As to the weight its easy to pick up , but difficult to lose . I am however hovering just above the 40lbs lost mark ... that will be a happy day when I hit that number ! I did look at the pictures today from day 1 until now and I was surprised at how much difference there is .

No Jeeping today . Lots of yard work , and I rebuilt the teeter totter for the bikes .

Also chopped out a stump crossing with recessed 2"x6"s It looks worse than it is , but the dive bombing momma bird will keep us off it for a while .

My daughter Hannah is excited for new stuff to ride her bike on .

Unread 06-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #3527
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I drove the Jeep 5 hours today at 65 mph and I am happy to say that it was a nice ride . I think I am getting used to the higher rpm's and the underhood heat wasnt unbearable .
Unread 06-10-2014, 08:09 PM   #3528
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I drove the Jeep 5 hours today at 65 mph and I am happy to say that it was a nice ride . I think I am getting used to the higher rpm's and the underhood heat wasnt unbearable .
I really like the higher RPM's way up here. Cruising through the passes is much more manageable…not excellent…but MUCH better than what it was.
Unread 06-11-2014, 02:56 AM   #3529
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

40 lbs is an amazing feat! You should be proud that you had the decipline to stick with it.
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #3530
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
I really like the higher RPM's way up here. Cruising through the passes is much more manageable…not excellent…but MUCH better than what it was.
The Western passes are one of the biggest reasons I re geared . It was awful dropping down to third and feeling like a trucker . I didnt clock my mileage yesterday , but I went 250 miles before the light came on .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91AzXJ View Post
40 lbs is an amazing feat! You should be proud that you had the decipline to stick with it.
Thanks , but I am not done yet . I have another 40lbs to go before I am to a good healthy weight . I suspect I will be there by the end of the year with the rate of loss I am maintaining . Once I get my weight where I want it will just be a matter of maintaining it .
Unread 06-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #3531
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
but I went 250 miles before the light came on .
What the hell man, at 180 mine is dinging at me :laugh.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2014, 08:50 AM   #3532
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I havent recalibrated the speedo and all my driving includes wheeling so maybe that explains it.
Moabrubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2014, 05:09 AM   #3533
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
Quote:
I havent recalibrated the speedo and all my driving includes wheeling so maybe that explains it.
I spent the whole trip at 64 mph on relatively flat roads , but we achieved similar numbers last summer out West .

Actual work took place on the Jeep yesterday ! Jonathon came over and between the two of us we figured out how to fix the radio release assembly . So now the radio is in and sounds awesome .

After the radio was in we pulled a rear spring and installed a Rokmen bumpstop . The hardest part of the install is pulling the spring ! I will say that a right angle or 45 degree drill make this job much easier as it is a tight space . After drilling and tapping the hole I reinstalled the spring and then slid the puck in through the coils . Its pretty easy to get a socket on the bolt and snug it down . Now my tire wont eat the flare anymore !

Unread 06-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #3534
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wait, you still have a jeep????
Unread 06-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #3535
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Wait, you still have a jeep????
Crazy isnt it ?
Unread 06-13-2014, 09:05 PM   #3536
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I got the garage cleaned up and Ol Blue back onto the concrete today . Blue is getting the fuel tank drained , new fuel filter , and new fuel line when I get back from Disney . I also think the 1bbl carb is coming off and getting rebuilt , thanks Ethanol !

Unread 06-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #3537
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Greg, What model is Ol Blue? Have you seen this truck build?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/6...build-1267426/
Unread 06-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #3538
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm lucky to get to 180 before the light turns on, usually around 150. Way back in the day 220 was the norm., not sure what happened. I seek out non ethanol fuel when I can and that helps but Chevron is the only station I'll fill her up, finding stations out west that are zero ethanol is now nearly impossible.

Greg, are those JKS bumpstop spacers? When I do my Pro Rock 60 and front PR 44 I'm going to do the JKS Pro Adjustable spacers but thinking I may be able to get away with just one set of lower bumpstops and split them up between the front and the back. Looks like you used just the one (comes with three for each side).

edit.. eh, doesn't look like my idea will work, the top two spacers don't screw down (base spacer is needed). Looks like you went with Rokmen, gonna check those out.

My Rig

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1072569/
bbusch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #3539
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
Greg, What model is Ol Blue? Have you seen this truck build?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f57/6...build-1267426/
Mine is a 76 all stock . And yes I have read that thread , really amazing work .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusch View Post
I'm lucky to get to 180 before the light turns on, usually around 150. Way back in the day 220 was the norm., not sure what happened. I seek out non ethanol fuel when I can and that helps but Chevron is the only station I'll fill her up, finding stations out west that are zero ethanol is now nearly impossible.
I do my best to only run ethanol free fuel and we have quite a few places to get it around home . I also have the Macs clean/cold air intake and I saw a little bump in the mpgs over the last 5000 miles from it .

Quote:
Greg, are those JKS bumpstop spacers? When I do my Pro Rock 60 and front PR 44 I'm going to do the JKS Pro Adjustable spacers but thinking I may be able to get away with just one set of lower bumpstops and split them up between the front and the back. Looks like you used just the one (comes with three for each side).
I have JKS spacers up front , but they are being replaced by a slightly higher Rokmen .

Quote:
edit.. eh, doesn't look like my idea will work, the top two spacers don't screw down (base spacer is needed). Looks like you went with Rokmen, gonna check those out.
You are correct sir ! I do have the Rokmen bump stops . They are simple and work well . Best of all once the hole is drilled and tapped you can change the heights without pulling the spring . So if you dont get it set just right the first time its no big deal to change .

Also ran across the family truckster today ...
Unread 06-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #3540
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Also ran across the family truckster today ...
Looks like you came across the Griswalds. I thought they totaled that rig with granny on top.

My Rig

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1072569/
bbusch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.