Just another LJ build - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #226
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

What is next on the to do list?

dongalonga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #227
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongalonga View Post
What is next on the to do list?
Rokmen sliders (Thanks Garza)
OME ZJ front springs ( Thanks again Garza)
Front upper control arm bushings . They are getting loud after the trip .
Corner armor from either Savvy or Rokmen .
More tube work to the cage including tie ins .
Outboard rear shocks using the F 250 towers or make my own .
Some sort of spare tire carrier / gerry can holder . I am going to make this as well .
And last but not least will be to finish welding the two tubs together to make my Jeep trailer . I wish I would have had it for the trip we just finished . If you pack wisely you can fit two adults and two small kids with all of the stuff into an LJ , but the trailer would have made life much easier .

I am sure there will be more , but thats the bulk of it . The LJ performed great and it doesnt need any major changes for what I plan to do . If we move west ( which it looks like we might ) then the build may change direction a little .
Unread 07-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #228
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Vallecito Lake

How it all fit , the clever cover (as my wife calls it ) worked great .

Nice looking LJ that we saw in Durango . I asked everyone that looked like a Jeep owner if it was theirs ... I got a lot of strange looks , but never found the owner .

Another decent shot from Hotel Rock , the JK was impressive offroad though it was a squeaky beast !

Happy kids on the trail .

Arch canyon overlook , this is a spur trail off of Hotel Rock .

Full picture of the Riverhouse / Snakehouse in Comb wash .

Last picture that I have to post of the trip . Rt 66 New Mexico .
Unread 07-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #229
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds like a pretty big list. I am thinking I need rockers and a winch before Moab.
Unread 07-05-2012, 12:01 PM   #230
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Rokmen sliders (Thanks Garza)
OME ZJ front springs ( Thanks again Garza)
Front upper control arm bushings . They are getting loud after the trip .
Corner armor from either Savvy or Rokmen .
More tube work to the cage including tie ins .
Outboard rear shocks using the F 250 towers or make my own .
Some sort of spare tire carrier / gerry can holder . I am going to make this as well .
And last but not least will be to finish welding the two tubs together to make my Jeep trailer . I wish I would have had it for the trip we just finished . If you pack wisely you can fit two adults and two small kids with all of the stuff into an LJ , but the trailer would have made life much easier .
Awesome list. Waiting on updates.....

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #231
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sounds like a pretty big list. I am thinking I need rockers and a winch before Moab.
Rockers are good insurance , but I never hit my stock ones . I did hit the gas tank skid a few times , but thats about it . And a winch is a good thing to have , but Moab isnt where you will need it . It could potentially help you , but a second rig with a snatch strap will get you through most anything you might get hung up on . If you were on 37s and going to Area BFE it would be a different story .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Awesome list. Waiting on updates.....
So you like the Rokemen corners ? The list is getting ready to be put on a work hold as I am heading north to NYC for 8 weeks
Unread 07-05-2012, 01:34 PM   #232
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
So you like the Rokemen corners ? The list is getting ready to be put on a work hold as I am heading north to NYC for 8 weeks
Yeah. I gave you some pointers on my thread, but it is easy peasy. 8 week hold, haha. Keep on jeeping

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 07-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #233
dongalonga
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The big reason for rockers is to get rid of the low hanging stock steps. I don't want to lose the step completely, so rockers will be added.
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #234
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The big reason for rockers is to get rid of the low hanging stock steps. I don't want to lose the step completely, so rockers will be added.
I would have like to have had some steps for my wife and kids on the trip . The Rokmens falling in my lap was sadly three weeks to late .

Quote:
Yeah. I gave you some pointers on my thread, but it is easy peasy. 8 week hold, haha. Keep on jeeping
No place for the Jeep on the mean streets of NYC . The soft top would be shredded the first week ! Thanks for the tips , as much as I dont mind welding and fabbing I hate drilling holes in the body .
Unread 07-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #235
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Great photos man, there's no place like Moab. Your LJ looks great as well.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2012, 07:03 AM   #236
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would rather drill the tub now than live with the scratches or dents. Here is some motivation.

Jeep-Owners.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 07-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #237
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Great photos man, there's no place like Moab. Your LJ looks great as well.
Thanks for the kind words . The pictures are a hobby for both me and my wife , and the Jeep is somewhere for her to fill to the max capacity for trips

Quote:
I would rather drill the tub now than live with the scratches or dents. Here is some motivation.

I know its just a tub , but I sure hate to drill it . Rokmen sliders are going to be here today ! Too bad I dont have the time to put them on , got to catch up the honey do's .
Unread 07-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #238
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The Rokmen sliders and new front OME springs are here . I am installing the new upper control arm bushings tomorrow morning . Hopefully I can get the new springs in too .
The sliders will have to wait until I get back from up north .
Unread 07-06-2012, 10:41 PM   #239
GenPatTuck
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Did you camp or stay in a hotel? I bet that trailer you bought would have made a nice camping and gear vehicle.
Nice pics of your trip. I live one state down, AZ, and have never been. Just recently got into Jeepin about 3 years ago. But alot of the places you were at I have been to.
I look forward to seeing your tire and jerry can carrier.
GenPatTuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #240
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenPatTuck View Post
Did you camp or stay in a hotel? I bet that trailer you bought would have made a nice camping and gear vehicle.
Nice pics of your trip. I live one state down, AZ, and have never been. Just recently got into Jeepin about 3 years ago. But alot of the places you were at I have been to.
I look forward to seeing your tire and jerry can carrier.
We took our camping gear with us , but we ended up staying in a friends cabin in Blanding , then another friends cabin in Durango . The only hotel we stayed in was Tucumacari NM on the way out and Garden City KS on the way back . We visited family in Arkansas and Missouri which is halfway home for us each way . The next big trip will have the trailer behind us . We are already planning for next summer and I think we are going to go to the Rubicon .

Theres a lot of beautiful country out you way to see , I wish we lived out there to see more of it .

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.