Just another LJ build - Page 157 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Reply
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #2341
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
You already have your directive on that, so stop stalling.
I am checking on it on Monday , until then its a mystery .

__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:40 PM   #2342
mgclark6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 285
now thats a nice 2dr!
mgclark6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #2343
TrailJ
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 364
SEED: I wonder if that body would fit on an LJ frame?
TrailJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #2344
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgclark6 View Post
now thats a nice 2dr!
Agreed , it would make a fun toy . Its in the middle of nowhere so I am curious as to how much they are going to ask for it .

Have I mentioned lately that I really like the DeFenders ... Pretty sure Sundowner is getting me a set in honor of International Snowmobile Safety and Awareness Week . I will be looking for the tracking numbers to show up any day .
__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:57 PM   #2345
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJ View Post
SEED: I wonder if that body would fit on an LJ frame?
It would probably be pretty close , I will measure the wheelbase when I go back on Monday . That would make for a cool Davey's Jeeps donor / project to get a modern drivetrain .
__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 07:20 PM   #2346
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJ
SEED: I wonder if that body would fit on an LJ frame?
My uncle and I stuck one on a S10 blazer frame years ago. It was a job, lots of floor pan removal and reconfiguring. It turned out sick with the 4.3 and iIFS front suspension. To bad a tree fell on it and killed it.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 07:31 PM   #2347
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami
 
Sundowner's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Have I mentioned lately that I really like the DeFenders ... Pretty sure Sundowner is getting me a set in honor of International Snowmobile Safety and Awareness Week . I will be looking for the tracking numbers to show up any day .
The things you're sure about defy description, my friend. With that said, I'm not entirely opposed to the DeFenders - or snowmobile safety, for that matter - but they just don't have the shape that I want.
__________________
If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #2348
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013
 
Hendrix's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville
Posts: 4,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley
Agreed , it would make a fun toy . Its in the middle of nowhere so I am curious as to how much they are going to ask for it . Have I mentioned lately that I really like the DeFenders ... Pretty sure Sundowner is getting me a set in honor of International Snowmobile Safety and Awareness Week . I will be looking for the tracking numbers to show up any day .
Just go ahead and ship them to me to save some time.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #2349
mgclark6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 285
Beasley,

I have a question I'm sure you know the answer to. Ive searched a bit but find conflicting info.

speedo calibration. 2005 Rubicon

Just changed from stock tires to 255/85/16 (33x10x16) and speedo is off by about 5mph @65

Now for my question. With the LJ Rubicon do we need computer re calibration or a speedo gear?
mgclark6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 06:31 PM   #2350
janesy86
Gotta be Fresh
 
janesy86's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Beverly, MA
Posts: 1,217
Computer with the Rubi
__________________
03' Rubi: 2" BDS, 1.25" BL/MML, Hylined rollin' on 35" MTR's

Hylined '03 Rubi Build

Western MA 4x4
janesy86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #2351
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
My uncle and I stuck one on a S10 blazer frame years ago. It was a job, lots of floor pan removal and reconfiguring. It turned out sick with the 4.3 and iIFS front suspension. To bad a tree fell on it and killed it.
Any pictures of it ? Sounds awesome .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
The things you're sure about defy description, my friend. With that said, I'm not entirely opposed to the DeFenders - or snowmobile safety, for that matter - but they just don't have the shape that I want.
Come bend up what you want , its not that difficult , especially if you use a slug or two .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
Just go ahead and ship them to me to save some time.
Not a bad idea , I will give you a call one night this week .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgclark6 View Post
Beasley,

I have a question I'm sure you know the answer to. Ive searched a bit but find conflicting info.

speedo calibration. 2005 Rubicon

Just changed from stock tires to 255/85/16 (33x10x16) and speedo is off by about 5mph @65

Now for my question. With the LJ Rubicon do we need computer re calibration or a speedo gear?
Mine is off by 8 mph and I plan on getting a Blue Monkey Speedo Healer . It sounds like there may be a Jeep Forum discount if you ask for it .
http://www.bluemonkeymotorsports.com/products_ht.html
This is a good thread that talks about the Speedo healer .
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sp...owbox-1208646/

Quote:
Originally Posted by janesy86 View Post
Computer with the Rubi
You are correct sir .
__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2014, 07:24 PM   #2352
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,380
Nobody at the shop to check the price on the Willys today , will try again tomorrow .

Anyone know of a discount code for Poison Spyder floating around ?
__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #2353
clintrivera
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pacific, Washington
Posts: 2,534
I got a discount quote from CCOR on Pirate for Poison Spyder that saved some cash.
__________________
Project Indecision: A Jeep Addicts 06 LJ

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 08:59 PM   #2354
G Beasley
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Eden, NC
Posts: 5,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
I got a discount quote from CCOR on Pirate for Poison Spyder that saved some cash.
After a talk with Hendrix I am going another direction ... but if the Poison Spyder hunt heats up again I will check with CCOR . My brother in law mentioned 4WS in Springfield MO as a good source for Poison Spyder stuff too .

While it wont be poison flavored , there is going to be some high line action along with some Hendrix paint goodness . My goal is to get the Jeep to Hendrix over the super bowl weekend .

I should have it back just in time to head West for a little Jeep get together as my schedule currently shows me having three weeks of downtime around Easter .

Last but not least the owner of the Willy's "thinks" he would take $3500 for it , but isnt sure he wants to sell it .
__________________
Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
G Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2014, 09:26 PM   #2355
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami
 
Sundowner's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Republic of Dave
Posts: 6,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
While it wont be poison flavored , there is going to be some high line action along with some Hendrix paint goodness . My goal is to get the Jeep to Hendrix over the super bowl weekend .
Details are required.
__________________
If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.