Just another LJ build - Page 131 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 10-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #1951
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
They are the best.
I am stoked to get another set . They are getting cleaned up and installed today .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Ok I'll be the first to ask I guess....... WHY are you repainting your entire Jeep???? I've seen it, looked clean to me! Building a show rig??? Or is Hendrix's work that magical that you just can't resist? It does look damn good in the photos.
Crow's feet ... It started on the hood and is popping up all over now . Its not terrible on the body , but that is the reason I repainted the hood . With me adding the armor and quite possibly a pair of DeFenders thats a lot of bare real estate . And after seeing Hendrix's magical paint work on the tub , I realized that I wasnt going to be happy with the paint on the LJ

Unread 10-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #1952
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I am stoked to get another set . They are getting cleaned up and installed today .
Pics are required.

I really don't know why I sold mine originally, but might be selling my full doors and going with these or something similar for full time usage again.

ps it is so nice to be able to have in the back of the jeep all the time for the just in case scenario.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #1953
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Pics are required.

I really don't know why I sold mine originally, but might be selling my full doors and going with these or something similar for full time usage again.

ps it is so nice to be able to have in the back of the jeep all the time for the just in case scenario.
I traded my last set for a high dollar Axial crawler . I came out ahead dollar wise , but regretted the deal by the time I left his driveway . Dont get me wrong the Axial is awesome , but I missed the convenience of the soft doors .

DV8 has a set of aluminum half doors that use factory uppers coming out , they sound pretty sweet .
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #1954
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Crow's feet ... It started on the hood and is popping up all over now . Its not terrible on the body , but that is the reason I repainted the hood . With me adding the armor and quite possibly a pair of DeFenders thats a lot of bare real estate . And after seeing Hendrix's magical paint work on the tub , I realized that I wasnt going to be happy with the paint on the LJ
Right on, the defenders and armor are gonna look awesome with a nice matching paint job!
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #1955
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
DV8 has a set of aluminum half doors that use factory uppers coming out , they sound pretty sweet .
Never heard of them but I was thinking about the same thing with savvy lowers.

EDIT: do you have a link to their doors?

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 10-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #1956
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Highline defenders??

My hood is also doing this. I wish I could just swap in High Line Defenders and an AEV heat reduction hood all at once...
Unread 10-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #1957
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw
Never heard of them but I was thinking about the same thing with savvy lowers. EDIT: do you have a link to their doors?
There still in development.
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #1958
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Never heard of them but I was thinking about the same thing with savvy lowers.

EDIT: do you have a link to their doors?
As Hendrix say's below they arent out just yet . Look for info on the other board .
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
Highline defenders??

My hood is also doing this. I wish I could just swap in High Line Defenders and an AEV heat reduction hood all at once...
I had the hood repainted and it looks good now , but it will look better after Hendrix has his way with it . And if I go DeFenders , they will be the high line version .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix View Post
There still in development.
I think they are going to sell very well once they are out .
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #1959
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah I saw the company's post just after I asked the question.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 10-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #1960
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah I saw the company's post just after I asked the question.

Not the best picture , but its all I could get with the schedule Kimbo had for me today . I had forgotten how much room the hard doors take up , it felt downright spacious with the soft doors on .
Unread 10-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #1961
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yeah, the hard doors are like 2" or so wider than those. It always felt nice and roomy with the softy's.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
Unread 10-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #1962
Maverick1179
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just thought you'd enjoy this j truck toy I found at my grandpas house. Reminded me of your a little
image-2134320555.jpg

image-2059833144.jpg

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
Maverick1179 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #1963
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1179 View Post
Just thought you'd enjoy this j truck toy I found at my grandpas house. Reminded me of your a little
Thats cool as heck ! The red J truck came with a mini me just like that on the dash. When I sold it I left it in the truck , which my son protested a good bit .

This week I only have two major tasks .First off is to wash the house , its funky ! And secondly is to get the trailer back together and legal . I dread the DMV , hopefully they wont be too hard to get along with .
Unread 10-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #1964
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yard is mowed and the new front door lock is re-keyed .

Tomorrow I plan on pressure washing the house , then its all Jeep goodness for the rest of the week
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:51 PM   #1965
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

35s are mounted , balanced and ready to go on the LJ tomorrow . That frees up tires for spares and the trailer . After taking some rough measurements today it looks like I may have to do some serious adjusting on the trailer height to get everything lined up . As best I can tell I need to be halfway between a spring over and a spring under Should make for some fun tomorrow .

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.