Just another LJ build - Page 117 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 09-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #1741
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw12345 View Post
in my book a Detroit in the rear sucks balls, so my vote is an ARB
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post

How do you really feel Art ? Either axle will get a selectable rear locker . I want nothing to do with locked all the time for a cross country driver .
You old guys.... sheesh! Detroit's rule! You guy's just like your fancy buttons and that little air whistle when you turn it off. Admit it.

gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #1742
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I dont know many people with E Lockers . I think Kyle Craig runs one , I will go see what he thinks about it .
My front E locker hasn't given me a single issue. It locks whenever I need it to and has never had an issue unlocking. Strength-wise it is pretty beefy as well. I've never heard of one failing. The simplicity of the wiring can't be beat. Plus they can be picked it up for under $800...much less than an ARB.

I'm a fan of my Eaton E locker, but it seems that few people around here run them.
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #1743
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintrivera View Post
I wouldn't run one on a DD either, but for a trail rig, they are very reliable.

The D60 e locker is also 2 pinon. Eaton made the E-locker for OEM applications. They just happen to release them to the aftermarket as well. As such, they are designed for OEM size tires and less than hard abuse.

They give away free compressors with ARB's all the time, so if that's your stumbling block, just wait till they go on sale. The nice thing about an ARB is the support. There have been many people (including me) that have sent ARB a box of broken junk (many times installed incorrectly) and ARB sends back a rebuilt ARB for the price of free.
A free compressor would be nice , I will keep an eye out for one . I love the idea of the E lockers simplicity , but I dislike the idea of breaking one early in my ownership .
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
You old guys.... sheesh! Detroit's rule! You guy's just like your fancy buttons and that little air whistle when you turn it off. Admit it.
I used to run full spools , and I have had detroits . As long as I can afford it I will have a selectable locker now that I have seen how nice they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
My front E locker hasn't given me a single issue. It locks whenever I need it to and has never had an issue unlocking. Strength-wise it is pretty beefy as well. I've never heard of one failing. The simplicity of the wiring can't be beat. Plus I picked it up for under $800...much less than an ARB.

I'm a fan of my Eaton E locker, but it seems that few people around here run them.
Your on 35s arent you ? But I guess wheeling it to Church every Sunday isnt too stressful

Y'all should really look into some pavement for the older rock church members
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #1744
Moabrubi
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I feel like when I'm locked in the rear and trying to turn tight that I'm getting pushed and can't turn as well. I wouldn't want a Detroit out back.

I've always liked ARB's because they make cool noises
Moabrubi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #1745
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Nope I like my baby to drive on the street like a Cadillac, Not like something that shakes it's @ss like an old hooker

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #1746
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moabrubi View Post
I feel like when I'm locked in the rear and trying to turn tight that I'm getting pushed and can't turn as well. I wouldn't want a Detroit out back.

I've always liked ARB's because they make cool noises
When I was younger I loved the chirping , but as I have aged I appeciate the selectable lockers more and more .
Quote:
Nope I like my baby to drive on the street like a Cadillac, Not like something that shakes it's @ss like an old hooker
Thats awful
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:50 PM   #1747
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Your on 35s arent you ? But I guess wheeling it to Church every Sunday isnt too stressful
I'm on 35s....I've broken a handful of front shafts. The Eaton hasn't presented an issue. Not sure I caught the church reference?
Unread 09-04-2013, 05:12 AM   #1748
aw12345
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm on 35s....I've broken a handful of front shafts. The Eaton hasn't presented an issue. Not sure I caught the church reference?
Meaning the church of rocks?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/february-tj-month-contest-submit-now-2061065/
aw12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:33 AM   #1749
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You have heard of the car salesman that says the "little old man only drove it to church on Sundays " when in reality the car has been whipped to death. Just a joke based on the fact that you wheel the heck out of yours .
Quote:
Meaning the church of rocks?
More or less , just a little late nite humor
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:47 AM   #1750
jermeyg
2004 LJ Wrangler 

My bias would be the stronger ARB design and spend the money now. You probably won't break the eaton on 35s however when you jump to 40s next year you'd probably want the extra peace of mind. When it comes to the internals I'd build it once and be done with it.

Of course I still want to know what track bar you are going to run in the back and plans for ride height and uptravel ( what you have now vs what you stand to gain)
jermeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #1751
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wow...the G2 Rock Jock is really cheap. Compared to what it costs the build the D44 vs. the 60. I'm liking this idea more and more.

I'm also leaning to 4.88's over the 5.13's. I won't be towing anything and I have a pretty light LJ (compared to steel armor'd LJ's) and with the hopes of running 37's and 17'' bead locks, I don't think power will be an issue. I am at elevation tho and 75mph around here is normal.
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #1752
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You have heard of the car salesman that says the "little old man only drove it to church on Sundays " when in reality the car has been whipped to death. Just a joke based on the fact that you wheel the heck out of yours .
Oh yeah! It just gets driven to church on Sundays and occasionally to the grocery store...
Unread 09-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #1753
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The D30 E locker is a 4 pinon design and a good locker. Too bad they don't update the rest of the line. Still, you are not going to get the support you get from ARB from any other company.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #1754
gspup
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Personally I would get an E-locker if I ever do a selectable...I've seen ARB's not to mention stock air lockers do bad things when it freezing out.

If I lived in WA state that might be a different story as ARB is local.

Lot's of if's in this post but it's just my pennies worth.
Unread 09-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #1755
clintrivera
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspup View Post
Personally I would get an E-locker if I ever do a selectable...I've seen ARB's not to mention stock air lockers do bad things when it freezing out.

If I lived in WA state that might be a different story as ARB is local.

Lot's of if's in this post but it's just my pennies worth.
I've only seen issues with ARB's in cold when it's really cold like 0 degrees and below. Once the diff heats up with use, the issue goes away. Also, the issue is that it won't lock. I would rather have a locker not lock than have pieces of broken spider gears all over my diff. Those won't work regardless of the temperature.

Also it doesn't matter if ARB is local. They have telephones and take delivery of packages from UPS, Fedex, and USPS daily assuming you are in the rare minority of people that have an issue.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...ed-lj-1741722/
clintrivera is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.