Just another LJ build - Page 108 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-11-2013, 09:18 PM   #1606
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the 35 club

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/chesters-tj-build-1420405/"][COLOR="Green"]Chester TJ build[/COLOR][/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f330/rubicon-trail-august-9th-11th-2014-a-1550022/"][COLOR="Blue"]2014 JF RUBICON TRIP[/COLOR][/URL]
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #1607
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
looks good, are you ditching your previous rims?
Thanks Lu . The black rims are coming off next time I am home , and the champions are going back on . I didnt have enough time to swap the rims over , and I want to put two new or really good used BFG's on the front . I am hunting for a second set of 35 BFG's in good shape for the trailer and the front but they are tough to come by .
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #1608
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Welcome to the 35 club
Shhh ... I told Sundowner I was happy with 33s and not going to 35s
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #1609
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've always thought mine are quiet too... Looks good!
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #1610
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I think I may drop carrying a spare .
Any reason why you're wanting to drop carrying a spare?

Reason I ask is I think that once my 37's go on this winter...I only plan on buying 4 tires and 4 bead locks. I'll sell the Exogate and Savvy receiver bumper as well. I hit the bumper EVERY time I'm on the trail and I would like to get rid of as much overhang as I can and go with something like this http://www.rokmen.com/rokmen-rear-bumper.html instead. Oh and trailgate.
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #1611
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I've always thought mine are quiet too... Looks good!
Thanks Nate , the noise difference is dramatic with the doors off . Kimbo and I can actually talk , where before we couldnt. I did pick up an odd squeak on the drivers side , but I think its the coil spring creaking . The Savvy springs and new isolators should take care of the noise .
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #1612
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
Any reason why you're wanting to drop carrying a spare?
I think a 35 will destroy the tailgate , and highly impair my rear view . I dont care for most swing aways but I do like the exo gate and have considered making one . I carry a nice plug kit , and I plan to add a tube and compressor to the mix . Last but not least the trailer will most likely have a spare mounted on it .

Quote:
Reason I ask is I think that once my 37's go on this winter...I only plan on buying 4. I think I might sell the Exogate and Savvy receiver bumper as well. I hit the bumper EVERY time I'm on the trail and I would like to get rid of as much overhand as I can and go with something like this instead. Oh and trailgate.
I like the Rokmen crossmember and trailgate , it makes for a nice clean combo . I think a tube , patch kit and compressor would get us out of most situations . Worst case scenario is you may have to borrow a spare to get back to camp .
Unread 08-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #1613
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The first picture was taken a week or two after I bought it and the second picture is from today . Kind of neat to look back and see how much it has changed .
Unread 08-12-2013, 06:52 AM   #1614
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks good. I have to say this, please carry a spare. Plug kits and all that are great to carry too, but nothing beats a spare when you NEED it.

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #1615
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Looks good. I have to say this, please carry a spare. Plug kits and all that are great to carry too, but nothing beats a spare when you NEED it.
I haven't made a firm decision yet , kind of thinking out loud . For local runs a tube , plugs and compressor should be fine . But for cross country trips I would have a spare on the trailer . I haven't ruled out making something like the exogate , time to do some reading while I am back up North .
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #1616
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I haven't made a firm decision yet , kind of thinking out loud . For local runs a tube , plugs and compressor should be fine . But for cross country trips I would have a spare on the trailer . I haven't ruled out making something like the exogate , time to do some reading while I am back up North .
I carry the spare for getting back moving quickly; I don't want to be down for a long time on the trail, causing a backup. I figure that I can repair the wounded tire later or take it to a tire shop, and in either case be in better shape than I would if I had to do a rushed field job.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #1617
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
I carry the spare for getting back moving quickly; I don't want to be down for a long time on the trail, causing a backup. I figure that I can repair the wounded tire later or take it to a tire shop, and in either case be in better shape than I would if I had to do a rushed field job.
Not a bad point , and I dont want to be "the" guy who stops up the trail . Its funny , I hadnt considered running without a spare until the 35s showed up . I cant put the spare where yours is as I need the storage for Kimbo and the kids . The rear tailgate would suffer a quick death under the added weight and leverage , so that leaves the exo gate as an option or put the spare on the trailer .
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:32 AM   #1618
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not a bad point , and I dont want to be "the" guy who stops up the trail . Its funny , I hadnt considered running without a spare until the 35s showed up . I cant put the spare where yours is as I need the storage for Kimbo and the kids . The rear tailgate would suffer a quick death under the added weight and leverage , so that leaves the exo gate as an option or put the spare on the trailer .
Either would be a solid choice, but I'd run an ExoGate - or a home-fabricated version of one - if I didn't have my spare on the cargo deck. That would keep your back seat/trunk open, and you wouldn't have to take the trailer on every run just to have your spare available.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #1619
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I really like this option from Genright but damn!! It's expensive.
http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=RTC3510
I also question wether this would interfere with the Savvy Rub Rails or not. I had to modify my Exogate to fit my Savvy Rub Rails.
Unread 08-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #1620
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I really like this option from Genright but damn!! It's expensive.
http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=RTC3510
I also question wether this would interfere with the Savvy Rub Rails or not. I had to modify my Exogate to fit my Savvy Rub Rails.
If I could, I would be running that in steel with a tiny plate at the bottom to cover the where the rock ledge and bottom of the rubber would meet. G if you want, we can work out a prototype for you to build for me for the practice to build yours...

Jeep-Owner.com
LouisianaOffroad.com
dayriesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.