Just another LJ build - Page 108 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor Day Sale!

Unread 08-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #1606
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the 35 club

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #1607
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
looks good, are you ditching your previous rims?
Thanks Lu . The black rims are coming off next time I am home , and the champions are going back on . I didnt have enough time to swap the rims over , and I want to put two new or really good used BFG's on the front . I am hunting for a second set of 35 BFG's in good shape for the trailer and the front but they are tough to come by .
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #1608
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Welcome to the 35 club
Shhh ... I told Sundowner I was happy with 33s and not going to 35s
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #1609
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've always thought mine are quiet too... Looks good!
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #1610
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I think I may drop carrying a spare .
Any reason why you're wanting to drop carrying a spare?

Reason I ask is I think that once my 37's go on this winter...I only plan on buying 4 tires and 4 bead locks. I'll sell the Exogate and Savvy receiver bumper as well. I hit the bumper EVERY time I'm on the trail and I would like to get rid of as much overhang as I can and go with something like this http://www.rokmen.com/rokmen-rear-bumper.html instead. Oh and trailgate.
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #1611
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
I've always thought mine are quiet too... Looks good!
Thanks Nate , the noise difference is dramatic with the doors off . Kimbo and I can actually talk , where before we couldnt. I did pick up an odd squeak on the drivers side , but I think its the coil spring creaking . The Savvy springs and new isolators should take care of the noise .
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #1612
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkLaHoMaTJ View Post
Any reason why you're wanting to drop carrying a spare?
I think a 35 will destroy the tailgate , and highly impair my rear view . I dont care for most swing aways but I do like the exo gate and have considered making one . I carry a nice plug kit , and I plan to add a tube and compressor to the mix . Last but not least the trailer will most likely have a spare mounted on it .

Quote:
Reason I ask is I think that once my 37's go on this winter...I only plan on buying 4. I think I might sell the Exogate and Savvy receiver bumper as well. I hit the bumper EVERY time I'm on the trail and I would like to get rid of as much overhand as I can and go with something like this instead. Oh and trailgate.
I like the Rokmen crossmember and trailgate , it makes for a nice clean combo . I think a tube , patch kit and compressor would get us out of most situations . Worst case scenario is you may have to borrow a spare to get back to camp .
Unread 08-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #1613
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The first picture was taken a week or two after I bought it and the second picture is from today . Kind of neat to look back and see how much it has changed .
Unread 08-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #1614
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks good. I have to say this, please carry a spare. Plug kits and all that are great to carry too, but nothing beats a spare when you NEED it.
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #1615
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Looks good. I have to say this, please carry a spare. Plug kits and all that are great to carry too, but nothing beats a spare when you NEED it.
I haven't made a firm decision yet , kind of thinking out loud . For local runs a tube , plugs and compressor should be fine . But for cross country trips I would have a spare on the trailer . I haven't ruled out making something like the exogate , time to do some reading while I am back up North .
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #1616
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I haven't made a firm decision yet , kind of thinking out loud . For local runs a tube , plugs and compressor should be fine . But for cross country trips I would have a spare on the trailer . I haven't ruled out making something like the exogate , time to do some reading while I am back up North .
I carry the spare for getting back moving quickly; I don't want to be down for a long time on the trail, causing a backup. I figure that I can repair the wounded tire later or take it to a tire shop, and in either case be in better shape than I would if I had to do a rushed field job.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #1617
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
I carry the spare for getting back moving quickly; I don't want to be down for a long time on the trail, causing a backup. I figure that I can repair the wounded tire later or take it to a tire shop, and in either case be in better shape than I would if I had to do a rushed field job.
Not a bad point , and I dont want to be "the" guy who stops up the trail . Its funny , I hadnt considered running without a spare until the 35s showed up . I cant put the spare where yours is as I need the storage for Kimbo and the kids . The rear tailgate would suffer a quick death under the added weight and leverage , so that leaves the exo gate as an option or put the spare on the trailer .
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #1618
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Not a bad point , and I dont want to be "the" guy who stops up the trail . Its funny , I hadnt considered running without a spare until the 35s showed up . I cant put the spare where yours is as I need the storage for Kimbo and the kids . The rear tailgate would suffer a quick death under the added weight and leverage , so that leaves the exo gate as an option or put the spare on the trailer .
Either would be a solid choice, but I'd run an ExoGate - or a home-fabricated version of one - if I didn't have my spare on the cargo deck. That would keep your back seat/trunk open, and you wouldn't have to take the trailer on every run just to have your spare available.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #1619
OkLaHoMaTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I really like this option from Genright but damn!! It's expensive.
http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=RTC3510
I also question wether this would interfere with the Savvy Rub Rails or not. I had to modify my Exogate to fit my Savvy Rub Rails.
Unread 08-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #1620
dayriesw
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I really like this option from Genright but damn!! It's expensive.
http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....ductid=RTC3510
I also question wether this would interfere with the Savvy Rub Rails or not. I had to modify my Exogate to fit my Savvy Rub Rails.
If I could, I would be running that in steel with a tiny plate at the bottom to cover the where the rock ledge and bottom of the rubber would meet. G if you want, we can work out a prototype for you to build for me for the practice to build yours...

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.