Just another LJ build - Page 103 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another LJ build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #1531
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome Beasley!

Unread 07-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #1532
yellow_snocone
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Loving that trailer towing action

Chester TJ build

2014 JF RUBICON TRIP
yellow_snocone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #1533
mgclark6

Im a little late to put in my two cents, but glad you decided on LineX. My kids Cherokee had a paint peal and rusted roof problem and the lineX'd roof looks and functions great! No worries when throwing a canoe on the roof.

My low oil pressure prob led me to pull engine....found loose timing chain and bad cam bearings. I decided to stroke it before reinstall. 258 crank, 4.0 rod arms, .030 over Kieth Black pistons. Pistons should be in this week i hope! Machine work to bore should be less than 200.00 and pistons, rings, rods, crank, and bearings were a kit from Titan for 895.00. I will end up with a 4.6L with about 250-260hp. Intake, exhaust, and injectors are next. lift was put on hold tho

Oh, and trailer looks great! You shoulda went Lime green and sold it to me! LOL

Mike
mgclark6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #1534
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Trailer looks great, damn that is some green lawn!

If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, Id spend six sharpening my axe.- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #1535
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayriesw View Post
Looks great GB.
Thanks !
Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Awesome Beasley!
Well thanks again !
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow_snocone View Post
Loving that trailer towing action
I was wondering if anyone would notice the title .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgclark6 View Post
Im a little late to put in my two cents, but glad you decided on LineX. My kids Cherokee had a paint peal and rusted roof problem and the lineX'd roof looks and functions great! No worries when throwing a canoe on the roof.
Part of what led me to pick the Line-X is the experience that I have had with my tub . The Line-X has held up well , and has not faded .
Quote:
My low oil pressure prob led me to pull engine....found loose timing chain and bad cam bearings. I decided to stroke it before reinstall. 258 crank, 4.0 rod arms, .030 over Kieth Black pistons. Pistons should be in this week i hope! Machine work to bore should be less than 200.00 and pistons, rings, rods, crank, and bearings were a kit from Titan for 895.00. I will end up with a 4.6L with about 250-260hp. Intake, exhaust, and injectors are next. lift was put on hold tho
Isnt your LJ low mileage ? I guess the good news is that you are ending up with a stroker
Quote:
Oh, and trailer looks great! You shoulda went Lime green and sold it to me! LOL Mike
I am going to repaint the trailer , or let me rephrase that ... I am going to have it repainted with real base coat clear to match the LJ Beryl Green . . not Lime Green .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Trailer looks great, damn that is some green lawn!
Thanks ! And lots of rain at home equals plenty of mowing and green , green grass .
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #1536
TJ2000NC
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks Great! I have been following your thread since it started. Just curious if you thought about painting the entire trailer with texture paint. Both monstaliner and Upol are tintable. I'm leaning towards Upol bc I can spray it. It probably would only cost you $100 to spray the entire trailer IIRC.
TJ2000NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #1537
AngryTJ
Dreamin of Moab

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great!
AngryTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #1538
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I like the trailer. Solid work!

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #1539
kyle_craig
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The trailer is awesome!
kyle_craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #1540
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ2000NC View Post
Looks Great! I have been following your thread since it started.
Thanks for reading , it gets a little off topic but I like to think theres some good info in here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ2000NC View Post
Just curious if you thought about painting the entire trailer with texture paint. Both monstaliner and Upol are tintable. I'm leaning towards Upol bc I can spray it. It probably would only cost you $100 to spray the entire trailer IIRC.
I did think about it as I didnt want to do all the bodywork that was required for paint . In the end I wanted it to match my Jeep as close as possible so that meant lots of the dreaded sanding .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTJ View Post
Looks great!
Thanks Lu !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak17 View Post
I like the trailer. Solid work!
Thank you , even my family now thinks its neat . They thought I was nuts staying out in the shop through the heat to finish it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
The trailer is awesome!
Thank you , maybe we will get to drag it through Steamboat next summer for you to see it .
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #1541
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well I am back on the road so its time to start ordering parts

Currently I am looking at parts for rear outboarding and coil spring correction . Rokmen has a nice kit , but Barnes stuff is half the price . T&Ts kit is ok , and I could just use the stock coil mounts . Then there is the dark horse of Daves Customs ... Oh yeah if I win a scratch off I can go with Polys stuff . Lots of options , just need to see who's parts will work best for me . I am thinking about making hoops for the shock mounts , then all I would have to do is purchase coil mounts or move mine . I am curious as to why there are so few hoops used for outboarding ?

Feel free to post suggestions , I appreciate the differing opinions and options .
Unread 07-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #1542
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Well I am back on the road so its time to start ordering parts

Currently I am looking at parts for rear outboarding and coil spring correction . Rokmen has a nice kit , but Barnes stuff is half the price . T&Ts kit is ok , and I could just use the stock coil mounts . Then there is the dark horse of Daves Customs ... Oh yeah if I win a scratch off I can go with Polys stuff . Lots of options , just need to see who's parts will work best for me . I am thinking about making hoops for the shock mounts , then all I would have to do is purchase coil mounts or move mine . I am curious as to why there are so few hoops used for outboarding ?

Feel free to post suggestions , I appreciate the differing opinions and options .
Probably because unless you're really wide you still have to notch the frame out, might as well have the filler piece be the shock mount also.
Unread 07-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #1543
Sundowner
Part-Time Swami

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
F250 towerz, playa'.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage: The Wasteland Survival Guide
Sundowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #1544
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gst95dsm View Post
Probably because unless you're really wide you still have to notch the frame out, might as well have the filler piece be the shock mount also.
Ok that makes sense , if you have to notch the frame anyways might as well make it the mount .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
F250 towerz, playa'.
250s look good flared as seen on the last page . I havent ruled them out , but I want to consider all options before I move forward .

Tonights postings brought to you by ... XXX Molson . Its very smooth but kicks like a velociraptor-cow ...
Unread 07-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #1545
Scram
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Great looking LJ and trailer....
Scram is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crappy paint , jana k4 , lj , needs to go wheeling , old man emu , rubicon unlimited , savvy offroad

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.