Just another CO WJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Just another CO WJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
WJPeterson0676
2004 WJ 

Just another CO WJ

Well I just went four-wheeling in Telluride, CO and had an awesome time. This past Wednesday, our last day, we did the infamous Black Bear pass in '10 JK. When we got back to the hotel after conquering the trail, to my great surprise, we found all the Jeep Concepts sitting in the parking lot. There was the AEV JK, Mighty FC, JK-8, and the new Compass which looks more like a rally car than the compass. Anyways we decide to head to town and get drinks and such and ended up spending the entire night with the directors of the programs. It was an awesome experience.

But that all said and done and finally back home I have the time to put the BB on my WJ. So this is my build thread right now my WJ is pretty much stock other than a touchscreen in dash DVD player and an after market alarm, but by the end of the weekend it will have a KOLAK BB and either 245/75r16s or 265/70r16s.

WJPeterson0676 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
WJPeterson0676
2004 WJ 

So I finished the lift yesterday. All in all it took me 5 hours to complete and would've taken less had I knew couple things. I only had to use a coil compressor on the front passenger side (as many have said). The rest you can just lean, or use a jack on the opposite side, to get the needed clearance. So after looking at 245/75r16s next to the 265/70r16 I decided I would go with the 265/70s. So far, with just city driving, I have had no rubbing issues. However when I disconnect the sway bar I'm sure that may change and I'll need to cut an inch or two out of the front bumper.

I was torn between the Hankook Dynapro ATM and the Falken Rocky Mountain. However, after learning about the separated treadblock in the Hankook that was my choice due to its ability to clear mud and snow. I'll throw up some pictures in the next day or two.
Unread 07-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
WJPeterson0676
2004 WJ 

Here she is all lifted up hopefully next weekend I can run Radical Hill and Saints Johns in Keystone. If anyone is interested let me know.
imag0069.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.