JT's TJ - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > JT's TJ

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 11-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #61
Battle9200

i know exactly how you feel i went all the way to TN from GA to get my jeep and paid 6500 and traded a Ar-15 rifle and i have rebuild pretty much everything in the jeep motor bored .30 and rebuilt. both axles rebuilt. brakes... you name it is was replaced or rebuilt you can look at my build if you like. but the rust on yours was really bad. sorry to hear you paid so much for it... i know your pain

Battle9200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #62
jesse18
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle9200 View Post
i know exactly how you feel i went all the way to TN from GA to get my jeep and paid 6500 and traded a Ar-15 rifle and i have rebuild pretty much everything in the jeep motor bored .30 and rebuilt. both axles rebuilt. brakes... you name it is was replaced or rebuilt you can look at my build if you like. but the rust on yours was really bad. sorry to hear you paid so much for it... i know your pain
It just goes to show how much peole really enjoy their jeep...I am not letting this jeep go ever!...I love the heck out of it. I just got my brand new longer steering shaft for 50 bucks from ebay in the mail today. It was removed from a jeep that was converted to right hand drive so it is brand new...I also made a few aluminum brackets to hold the washer bottle and other little things in the engine compartment that were rusted really bad...Pics later...
Unread 04-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #63
jesse18
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Its been a while since i posted on here but the jeep is done and good to go. Just replaced the U joints in the front and rear driveshafts.
Unread 09-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #64
MagnumPI
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Lets see some more man! I really like this jeep! Subscribed in faith that it will return
[COLOR="Yellow"]Yellow Jeep Club Member #1337[/COLOR]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/back-stock-beyond-2000-tj-build-1263116/"]Back to Stock, and Beyond! 2000 TJ Build[/URL]
MagnumPI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #65
Xtremegameroom
2000 TJ Wrangler 

subbed
Xtremegameroom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #66
jesse18
1999 TJ Wrangler 

New update!!!!
Its been quite a while since I have updated my thread but me and my girlfriend just got an apartment a few months ago and have had a lot of changes and this new place has a 2 car garage under us that is ALL MINE!!!
Plenty of room to do whatever I want to the jeep or anything else.
Lately I have just been trying to fix little things and such on the jeep.
I got me some new lower control arm brackets welded onto the front axle.
Worked on he exhaust to give a little more airflow.
Bought a nice Safari Top on here for trail rides a few months ago.
Come spring time I will hopefully have a lot mroe done to this once I get a good job after this semester in school.
I dont plan on running anything bigger than 35s but I want it to be able to handle them without any worries.
That means I want to find some Dana 44s or possible 60s if finances are good.
To be honest I have just been enjoying the jeep more than putting money into it. Its doing great and
I keep this new frame clean and free of dirt and mud as much as possible. (clean it after every run)
Heres a few pics in the past few months.
Enjoy!!!

Cut my frront fenders along the hood line as they were rusting and getting close to the hood so I cut it off before
it had a chance to rust all the way in. Love the look!
jeep-flex.jpg   dsc_0824.jpg   dsc_0245.jpg   dsc_0379.jpg   dsc_0386.jpg  

Unread 11-19-2011, 06:08 PM   #67
jeepkid93
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I live in northern ky..nice jeep and if you are ever looking for half doors because texas if hot send me a message lol
jeepkid93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #68
jesse18
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea Im not moving to Texas now. Should have mentioned that. It wasnt a great idea and fell through.
Im going to be staying in KY until I get good experience at a machine shop or two and try to find something in
Colorado. I went there over the summer and fell in love with it. Seems like a wonderful place to live and raise a family!
Unread 11-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #69
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

psh colorado. we have harlan.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #70
jesse18
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Lol. Yea but Moab is only like 4 hours away from Durango!!!
Unread 06-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #71
jesse18
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Update. Its been almost a year since I updated this thread but I got bored today. Since last udate I have done the following:
New Factory header
Got a rear bumper from a dude with a CJ with hitch integrated and D-rings welded on. Its mounted on there with Grade 8 bolts in four locations (8 bolts all together).
Found some MCE flat fenders and some cage nets to keep my new pup in and my new little baby girl in a few months when she is big enough to ride with daddy in the Jeep.
Also installed hood pins after the MCE fender install.
Replaced the water pump and got a new rear driveshaft after sheering the yoke off of it lol...
Thats about it as of now. I just try to enjoy it and not worry about the build thread as much as I used to lol.
Gonna try to get a better job soon so I can enjoy the jeep and my kid a lot more
Me and my wife have a new place with a two car garage under the top floor and I have plenty of room to play with the jeep or anything else.
Next mod will be a winch...
Right now I need to replace the AC compressor. I have been top/doorless for the past two weeks! Loving this weather.

Heres a few pics from the past jeep event in Grayson Ky.
dsc_0001.jpg   dsc_0019.jpg   dsc_0026.jpg  
Unread 06-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #72
LilSteve97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How bad was swapping the frame out?
LilSteve97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #73
jesse18
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I didnt do it myself. Our local family mechaninc did the main swap. Where my frame was so rusted well a few other things were rusted like the body mounts on my tub and control arms
n the rear were replaced along with an entire Daystar poly bushings kit so that added to it. I really wish I would have taken my time and just did it myself because once I seen how easy it was
I could have done it and done a lot better job. Im still fixing things they didnt do right and Im still replacing parts that are rusty. Its pretty dang solid now but I want to eventually
want to replace everything under it with fullsize axles and HD steering and bigger Tcase and such but its a very slow going process. Im just worried about it being my DD right now.
I have more pics if you want me to email them.
If you decide to do it take your time and make sure you have a second car to drive so you dont feel rushed to do it. Save up money and log in everything that needs replaced and
figure out how much you will have to spend. Most bolts will need replaced because of seizing up and such. Let me know if you want more info
Unread 07-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #74
Tylerzap
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse18 View Post
Update. Its been almost a year since I updated this thread but I got bored today. Since last udate I have done the following:
New Factory header
Got a rear bumper from a dude with a CJ with hitch integrated and D-rings welded on. Its mounted on there with Grade 8 bolts in four locations (8 bolts all together).
Found some MCE flat fenders and some cage nets to keep my new pup in and my new little baby girl in a few months when she is big enough to ride with daddy in the Jeep.
Also installed hood pins after the MCE fender install.
Replaced the water pump and got a new rear driveshaft after sheering the yoke off of it lol...
Thats about it as of now. I just try to enjoy it and not worry about the build thread as much as I used to lol.
Gonna try to get a better job soon so I can enjoy the jeep and my kid a lot more
Me and my wife have a new place with a two car garage under the top floor and I have plenty of room to play with the jeep or anything else.
Next mod will be a winch...
Right now I need to replace the AC compressor. I have been top/doorless for the past two weeks! Loving this weather.

Heres a few pics from the past jeep event in Grayson Ky.
What exacly are with the blocks under the wheels? Nice jeep man.

1988 Jeep Comanche 4x4 Longbed - POS
Tylerzap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #75
jesse18
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Stop on top challenge. Its very simple but kind of challenging. They set each block up in front of each tire and you just try to hop up them and slam your brakes on and try to park on top.
Its a fun jeep event idea since you can just load them up in your back seat and take them anywhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.