Joopacabra - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Joopacabra

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #46
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

sure here is the link. turn signal switch. they are calling it 27.00 dollars here. I got it for 23.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...+signal+switch

Unread 10-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #47
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

well I found out that the hesitation I was feeling was because of a faulty throttle position sensor. this was what I actually thought it was, and in fact I had taken it out and cleaned it with electronic cleaning solution and compressed air and reinstalled it. since it was new in the kit I really didn't want to just buy a new one until I was sure that was the problem. anyway that fixed it. now I am wondering why it failed. I pressure washed under the hood after the conversion to clean off the grease that was still under the hood from the previous owner. I was careful not to directly spray the engine but I suppose some water could have gotten in the tps. I understand that this sensor is not waterproof. but there was no water in the connection when I took it apart to clean it. and would that have caused the sensor to completely fail?
Unread 10-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #48
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

It is fixed! That it's great!
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #49
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have been driving it all day today, and most of yesterday and it is running great. smoother than ever. but today I found that the stupid gear position indicator light had stopped working again so I had to take the whole steering column apart again. I am getting really good at taking that thing apart lol. anyway I found that the problem I have been having is there was a short in the wire that went down the column. so I ran new wire down the column, wired into the under-dash wiring. so far so good. so I believe all my wiring issues and little irritations are fixed. so tomorrow I will change that front brake line if I get a chance.
Unread 10-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #50
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

well I have seen no brake fluid leaks in several days so I have not gotten around to replacing that line yet but I did tackle a small but annoying problem today. the washer hose on my hardtop popped off again. I think that something is missing I tried to find out what it is supposed to look like but I was not successful. mine has a small button on the hardtop then a piece of washer fluid line that was just capped off when I got it. i tried to connect it to the little button there but it would not stay. so today I decided to fix it another way.

so first thing I drilled out the four rivets holding the plate in place and removed it and the connectors. this is what it looked like.

so I cleaned it up, sanded it smooth with my belt sander and powdercoated it white.

then I bought a small double ended plastic hose barb.

drilled a hole through the little button just large enough to barely fit the hose barb. then I ground the little wings on the hose barb down so they will fit into the button.

and re installed it. I zip tied the inside because I wanted to make sure it did not come off in there. I pulled on it pretty hard to be sure it would not come off by accident.

then pop riveted it back in place.

it fits good and tight now and I can always zip tie the outside if it ever does come off. then I found that the prior owner had wired the switch backward so that both the washer and wiper came on when you turned the switch on and only the washer when you hit the momentary switch. so I pulled the wires out of the connector carefully and rewired it correctly. I need to buy a new switch though because this one is not in very good condition.

anyway another installment of fixing niggling little details that probably would not bother real jeepers but bug the heck out of me lol.
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #51
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

btw does anyone know any way to take spray on bedliner off without just grinding it? The prior owner bed lined the inside of the cab and I am glad of that but as you can see from the above pictures he sprayed it all over everything. I would like to find a way to get it off the wiring and the roll bar and roll bar pad etc. stuff that would be destroyed by anything I can think of to get it off.
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #52
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggarage View Post
btw does anyone know any way to take spray on bedliner off without just grinding it?...etc. stuff that would be destroyed by anything I can think of to get it off.
not the answer you want but it is an answer... Sounds like you already figured this out!
fishadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #53
fishadventure
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Oh, and wicked nice detail on the jeep BTW. I wish I had the time to be that...'particular'..... but I am almost always supposed to be two places at the same time it seems.
fishadventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #54
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishadventure View Post
Oh, and wicked nice detail on the jeep BTW. I wish I had the time to be that...'particular'..... but I am almost always supposed to be two places at the same time it seems.
thanks for the replies. I have not tried gas. I have the interior carpeted now so I don't think I will try that for a while. maybe I will just be happy with it the way it is.

as far as being particular. I much prefer working on clean parts. so I spend a little extra time cleaning things up when I can, and I love my eastwood powdercoater so anytime I have an excuse to use it I do lol.
Unread 01-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #55
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well much as I love my little YJ I have been jones'ing over a tj for a while. I saw this one over at the local used car lot, and I thought I would trade my yj in.

it is a 2001 with the 4.0 auto trans, ac cruise control and all the good stuff. it has brand new 265 75 16 wheels and tires on it not in perfect condition but pretty good. they are asking 9800.00

well after discussing it with the guy and seeing what he would give me for my jeep I decided it wasn't worth trading in my yj so I decided to keep it but give it to my son to play with. he has a 2004 liberty that is his daily driver, but while it is a good vehicle for daily driving it is not really an offroad vehicle so I thought he would like the yj and give me a chance to work on it some with him. He was pumped when I told him about it. so I went ahead and bought the tj outright for 8800. So now I am going to start playing with it for a while.
Unread 01-30-2014, 11:58 AM   #56
gst95dsm
Chop, Wheel and Rebuild..

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggarage
Well much as I love my little YJ I have been jones'ing over a tj for a while. I saw this one over at the local used car lot, and I thought I would trade my yj in. it is a 2001 with the 4.0 auto trans, ac cruise control and all the good stuff. it has brand new 265 75 16 wheels and tires on it not in perfect condition but pretty good. they are asking 9800.00 well after discussing it with the guy and seeing what he would give me for my jeep I decided it wasn't worth trading in my yj so I decided to keep it but give it to my son to play with. he has a 2004 liberty that is his daily driver, but while it is a good vehicle for daily driving it is not really an offroad vehicle so I thought he would like the yj and give me a chance to work on it some with him. He was pumped when I told him about it. so I went ahead and bought the tj outright for 8800. So now I am going to start playing with it for a while.
That's cool you gave it to your son! Good luck with the new TJ.
gst95dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2014, 11:30 PM   #57
CommandoSolo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I LOVE those wheels, if you have any thoughts of getting rid of them please let me know and i might buy them from you. Very nice find on the TJ, cant wait to see what you do with both of them from here on in.

Eagle Scout Jeeper #135
CommandoSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 08:14 AM   #58
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommandoSolo View Post
I LOVE those wheels, if you have any thoughts of getting rid of them please let me know and i might buy them from you. Very nice find on the TJ, cant wait to see what you do with both of them from here on in.
yeah I really like the wheels too. I have not been able to find out what kind of wheel they are. they have the jeep logo on the center cap so I am assuming they came off a grand cherokee. I don't think they were stock for a wrangler. anybody know for sure what wheel these are and what they came off of?
Unread 01-31-2014, 10:49 AM   #59
CommandoSolo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanggarage View Post

yeah I really like the wheels too. I have not been able to find out what kind of wheel they are. they have the jeep logo on the center cap so I am assuming they came off a grand cherokee. I don't think they were stock for a wrangler. anybody know for sure what wheel these are and what they came off of?

They came off the 1998 5.9 Grand Cherokee (1 year thing only), the 20th anniversary Cherokee, and the 2000-2001 Wrangler Sahara with the smaller wheel package.

So all in all they are pretty rare to find OEM ones.

Eagle Scout Jeeper #135
CommandoSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2014, 11:21 AM   #60
mustanggarage
1990 YJ Wrangler 

thanks. I appreciate the info. I guess I will keep my eye out I would like to find another for the spare.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.