JKL's '05 Wrangler Unlimited - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > JKL's '05 Wrangler Unlimited

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #106
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

May have a trade worked out on a set of Rubi axles, driveshafts, air pump and the 241 Rocktrac t-case. Should finalize the deal Tueasday.

'13 10th Anniversary Unlimited Rubi
'05 LJ on 35s
1 Ton XJ on 40s...went up in flames :(
1 Ton Scrambler Build Thread:"Project Taildragger"
...now parting out
jkl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #107
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

nice
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
http://www.canddautocenter.com/
Boundless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2011, 07:56 AM   #108
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl View Post
May have a trade worked out on a set of Rubi axles, driveshafts, air pump and the 241 Rocktrac t-case. Should finalize the deal Tueasday.
Forgot to update this, trade did not work out. Oh well, was only interested in it cause I was going to make out very well on my end.

Some may know from my other build that my dad recently passed away. Been feeling down so I went wheelin with some guys to take my mind off things. First time out with the KM2s and I was very happy with them. No pics of me wheelin but here was the exictment for the day. Followed 3 guys on 37-39s locked front and rear all day! Ended up with a little rock rash but nothing to bad.

He got lucky, this was most of the damage

Yesterday took my son wheelin down in our pasture climbing the hills in the creek and found a soft spot.

'05 LJ on 35s
...now parting out
Unread 12-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #109
TheLazyAirman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sorry to hear about your father. Hope all is well. And I love the Jeep.

Im looking to upgrade my front dana 30 to possibly the G2 Dana 44 with 4.56 gears and the ARB locker. Not to sure about G2 though havent dealt with them much before. I will be going with a 5 to 6 inch long arm kit which im not to sure what one im gonna get. Tough decision. Probably going with a set of 35 KM2's as well. i think the 4.56 gears will treat me right on the highway as well as off road. I love my LJ and im investing a lot of money in her as soon as I get back from my deployment.

Good Luck with your build
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:06 PM   #110
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLazyAirman View Post
Sorry to hear about your father. Hope all is well. And I love the Jeep.
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLazyAirman View Post
Im looking to upgrade my front dana 30 to possibly the G2 Dana 44 with 4.56 gears and the ARB locker. Not to sure about G2 though havent dealt with them much before. I will be going with a 5 to 6 inch long arm kit which im not to sure what one im gonna get. Tough decision. Probably going with a set of 35 KM2's as well. i think the 4.56 gears will treat me right on the highway as well as off road. I love my LJ and im investing a lot of money in her as soon as I get back from my deployment.

Good Luck with your build

I would look into a HP 30 before the G2 44 as long as you plan on staying w/ 35s. 4.56s should be good w/ the 35s. Don't know if your dead set on a long arm, but if I were to do it again I would do a 3" suspension and 1.25 BL.

'05 LJ on 35s
...now parting out
Unread 12-07-2011, 02:29 AM   #111
TheLazyAirman
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkl View Post
I would look into a HP 30 before the G2 44 as long as you plan on staying w/ 35s. 4.56s should be good w/ the 35s. Don't know if your dead set on a long arm, but if I were to do it again I would do a 3" suspension and 1.25 BL.
Thanks man I will look into the HP 30 but i am also considering on bumping up to 37s. Also im looking into the double tri 4-link rear suspension right now. I may go ahead and custom build it with a 3-link front and 4 fox 2.0 coilovers. im looking into it right now but im not to sure on how it will handle on the highway. i know i will be able to adjust the coilovers to whatever i need and the double tri 4-link is supposed to do alright on the road. so i have a lot more reading up to do.
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #112
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hi Kevin,

I was looking over some old videos and came across one of your LJ climbing. Enjoy

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) 6cyl, 4spd auto, dana 30/44 3.73, rear trac-loc, hard top, BFG KM2 35/12.5 x 15 on rattle can black stock Ravine wheels & 1.5" spacers, trimmed flares, budget PA 1" BL & RC 1" MML, Ford Explorer roof rack, Hella e-code headlight housings, 55 watt DDM HID Hi/Lo 6000k, EBC Yellow Stuff front brake pads, Platinum P4 battery, Rusty's 3" 305s front and 303s rear springs, RC rear track bar bracket and Hella 500FFs with DDM's 55watt 6000k H3 HIDs on windshield hinge brackets. Currie's front upper and lower control arms. Hummm whats next? Building a Dana HP30 with 4.88 and ? locker
Unread 12-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #113
Boundless
2005 LJ Wrangler 

and you cutting new trail, with a little help

Unread 12-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #114
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the vids Rusty....was out there a few weeks ago and climbed that hill with ease. Amazing what tires with tread will do over slick ones lol.

'05 LJ on 35s
...now parting out

Last edited by jkl; 12-10-2011 at 09:47 PM.. Reason: Freakin autocorrect
Unread 12-11-2011, 06:52 PM   #115
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My condolences on your fathers passing.
Unread 12-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #116
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thank you Glen

'05 LJ on 35s
...now parting out
Unread 03-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #117
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Took it wheelin last Saturday, no spectacular pics but any locals may recongize the area.

A buddy gave me some tube fenders today They are off his old YJ but going to see if I can make them work

Had both my Jeeps down in the pasture today so I took a couple poser shots

'05 LJ on 35s
...now parting out
Unread 03-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #118
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm diggin the XJ!

Unread 03-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #119
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got the driver side tube fender on today! Gained 3 1/4" behind the tires

Seeing what needs hacked up

Reworking where it attaches to the grille

No inner fenders so I need to make some brackets for all the accessories. Right know I had to ditch the winshield washer tank.

Bolted this to the shock

Flatened out the tab and put this thing here

This junk is zip tied up

Somewhat finished, the hood hold latch isn't super tight so going to have to do something different there.

'05 LJ on 35s
...now parting out
Unread 03-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #120
Polecat
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Nice work as always!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.