JKChris09 Rubicon Unlimited Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > JKChris09 Rubicon Unlimited Build

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
JKChris09
2009 JK Wrangler 

JKChris09 Rubicon Unlimited Build

Hello All!

I have always wanted a Jeep, since my friends all had them in college and we would go off-roading on the Arizona trails.. I would tag along with my Dodge Dakota. I loved my truck and we always had fun and thats all that mattered to me.

Well, as the story progresses, around January this year I started getting the itch for a new truck or jeep because I knew I was coming up on a pay raise and would be able to afford it if I was smart about it.

I was looking at finding a nice used Rubicon, or a new Sport, which ever price worked out best. sadly after spending the month looking and always finding the perfect Jeep after it had gotten sold, and taking my truck to the dealership near me to get a trade in quote (which was horrible, as I had expected, but it was worth a shot). So after that day I gave up, realized that what I had was perfect for me, and it wouldn't be smart for me to get a Jeep..

Universe seemed to disagree with me.. 2 days after I went to the dealership on my way back to work from lunch, I got T-boned coming through a traffic light. The other driver was arrested for DUI. My truck took care of me. I got hit in the back passenger side door, I corrected by steering into the spin a little too much, I corrected all the way around (180 degrees) and got hit by the same car again in the back driver side door, pushed off the road and rolled over in between to very large light poles with cement foundations. When I say between, I was lucky, the first light was 3 feet away from the front of my truck, and the other about equidistant from the back of my truck.

I walked away without even a bruise, not even sore the next day (surprised me, as well as all my coworkers). Everyone had insurance, and everything got taken care of.

So now it looked like my dream of having a Jeep was going to be a reality after all! Within a week I found a great deal for a 2009 JK Unlimited Rubicon, everything I wanted as far as options go, only 10K miles, certified pre-owned still with warranty, for a fair price. I found it one morning at work, was able to call them to see if they still had it. Luckily the boss understood that good deals disappear quick and let me take the day off since I had to drive 3 hours to get to the dealership. Drove it home that night

NOW TO THE FUN STUFF

My plan for the build is do do all the little things first. As much as the lift is the first thing I want to do, I will have to save up to make sure I do it right and with good quality gear.

Completed:
IPF 989 Windshield Lights
- A-Pillar Switch POD
- Daystar Rocker Switch
CB Radio mounted above review mirror
- Uniden Bearcat 880
- Firestick II Spare tire carrier Antenna mount
Antenna X low profile AM/FM antenna
- I never use the AM/FM so even if reception is less I don't notice
Plasti-dipped the stock wheels
Rugged Ridge Mesh Grill Insert
Tuffy Security Deck

To Be Completed:
AEV Snorkel w/ Ram Air
Poison Spider Brawler Lite front bumper
Lights and Winch
Poison Spider Flat Fenders
Rear Bumper (Either AEV or Poison Spider, Jury is still out on that)
BesTop TrekTop NX
Kenwoon TM-281A Ham Radio
Roll Bar Handles
Rear Corner Guards
Skid Plates
Other Things as I think of them.
AEV 4.5" Lift
AEV Pintler Wheels - Black
38" Tires (or what ever I decide at the time)

With the lift, since it'll all be apart anyway, I am thinking about also doing the gears, heavy duty axels,

Things to Get Info On

These things are items I've heard other people talk about, that I want to remember later on, so I can decide if I want to use them as well..

Coast Driveline - Drive Shaft
BDS Adjustable Control Arms

Now to the Pictures

The day I got her home

Most Current (Before Low Profile Antenna, and Mounting the CB radio unit)

I look forward to talking to all of you and getting ideas (whether they be good, bad, or ugly) and using this to track where I started and where I get close to ending (I don't think anyone is truly ever done, but you can get close!)

Thanks for checking out my thread

JKChris09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Looks good. I like the color.

What are your wheeling plans for your JK?

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
JKChris09
2009 JK Wrangler 

I don't really have plans per say.

It's not going to be a "mall crawler" by any means she will see the real trails and dirt, I do intend to have fun. But being my daily driver as well, I don't think I'll be doing anything too extreme. I loved the trails I went on in AZ like up to Crown King, and all the red rock trails in Sedona and Jerome. I'd love to go to Moab eventually.

Trails, ORV Parks, anything really, as long as it's within my capabilities so not to end up without a way to get to work. Best way I can explain it.. lol

Going through Cheaha and Talladega National Forests on saturday.. Saturday Thread Here

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/jkchris09-rubicon-unlimited-build-1530118/#post15498172"]My Build Thread[/URL]
Unread 05-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Oh damn, I didn't even see you were from Montgomery. Not quite close to me, but still.

If I didn't have anything going on on Saturday, I would have liked to go to Cheaha. I used to hike around there when I was in the scouts and it's been a long while since I've seen the area. Look forward to seeing some pictures.

But I know what you mean about DD-ing it. Been there done that.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
JKChris09
2009 JK Wrangler 

Pictures will be up tomorrow night.. hopefully lol

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/jkchris09-rubicon-unlimited-build-1530118/#post15498172"]My Build Thread[/URL]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.