JKChris' build thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 158 Old 07-16-2012, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
JKChris
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 273
Ok, so I am re-geared to 4.88s. Still breaking them in, so I haven't really gotten to test them too much yet. I also had the front axle sleeved/gusseted, put an ARB air locker in the rear and a Detroit TrueTrac in the front.



image-2022577729.jpg



image-1033979792.jpg

JKChris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 158 Old 07-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Jkm57
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Reno
Posts: 121
That's pretty sweet. Im looking to the similar gearing sleeving and such. What kind of sleeving did you use and did you install? Let me know how you like the new gears.
Jkm57 is offline  
post #63 of 158 Old 07-16-2012, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
JKChris
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkm57
That's pretty sweet. Im looking to the similar gearing sleeving and such. What kind of sleeving did you use and did you install? Let me know how you like the new gears.
The sleeves and such was a Teraflex kit. I had the work done. I wish I had the know how to do all that stuff myself, but I would be fooling myself.
JKChris is offline  
 
post #64 of 158 Old 07-21-2012, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
JKChris
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 273
I acquired a set of tinted windows for my soft top from a buddy of mine.



image-246716374.jpg
JKChris is offline  
post #65 of 158 Old 07-21-2012, 07:24 PM
tim-OIIIIIO
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bergen co
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKChris
Ok, so I am re-geared to 4.88s. Still breaking them in, so I haven't really gotten to test them too much yet. I also had the front axle sleeved/gusseted, put an ARB air locker in the rear and a Detroit TrueTrac in the front.
Post up your thoughts on the tru trac after you test it out!!
tim-OIIIIIO is offline  
post #66 of 158 Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
JKChris
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 273
I will for sure.
JKChris is offline  
post #67 of 158 Old 07-31-2012, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
JKChris
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 273
I finally got the 'break in' miles on the gears this past weekend. I changed out the diff oil this evening, so I am ready to see what she can really do now.
JKChris is offline  
post #68 of 158 Old 08-01-2012, 12:34 AM
1222
RIP John
 
1222's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Henderson
Posts: 13,238
Sounds good, we’ll be standing by.
1222 is offline  
post #69 of 158 Old 08-01-2012, 08:28 AM
SubAtomicGenius
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKChris View Post
Ok, so I am re-geared to 4.88s. Still breaking them in, so I haven't really gotten to test them too much yet. I also had the front axle sleeved/gusseted, put an ARB air locker in the rear and a Detroit TrueTrac in the front.

Awesome. I'll be going 4.88's, ARB rear and Aussie front as well. Probably have to wait until next trip home - summer's here too fast and I'm not spending it under a Jeep - going camping with the kids. Regear will have to wait until the fall!
SubAtomicGenius is offline  
post #70 of 158 Old 08-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Butterbuddha
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hampton
Posts: 901
Not sure why you wouldn't have wanted to lunchbox the rear and selectable the front. If I could do it all over again that is what I would have done. Never regret being locked in the rear (though I do have to be a little careful not to chirp tires sometimes but nothing major) sure would be nice to be able to temporarily unlock the front though so I wouldn't need 5 blocks to turn! LOL

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
Butterbuddha is offline  
post #71 of 158 Old 08-01-2012, 01:57 PM
SubAtomicGenius
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,008
^^^^ that's not a bad combo, either. My reason for lunchbox front is $350 for the D30 Aussie vs. $1250 for the ARB in a lesser axle assembly - saving the ARB selectable front for the Dynatrac Prorock 44 front axle swap (next year?). That being said, I've heard nothing but great reviews/testimony about the capabilities of the Aussie - except having the tendancy to ride deep ruts and having to go to 2wd to navigate out sometimes. Price is right.
SubAtomicGenius is offline  
post #72 of 158 Old 08-01-2012, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
JKChris
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbuddha
Not sure why you wouldn't have wanted to lunchbox the rear and selectable the front. If I could do it all over again that is what I would have done. Never regret being locked in the rear (though I do have to be a little careful not to chirp tires sometimes but nothing major) sure would be nice to be able to temporarily unlock the front though so I wouldn't need 5 blocks to turn! LOL
Man, honestly I am learning as I go. I'm definitely not an off road veteran. I like the set up so far. There may be a point where I decide differently. I guess I am learning by making some mistakes. I hope that will make my next Jeep that much better.
JKChris is offline  
post #73 of 158 Old 08-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Butterbuddha
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hampton
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzalachis View Post
^^^^ that's not a bad combo, either. My reason for lunchbox front is $350 for the D30 Aussie vs. $1250 for the ARB in a lesser axle assembly - saving the ARB selectable front for the Dynatrac Prorock 44 front axle swap (next year?). That being said, I've heard nothing but great reviews/testimony about the capabilities of the Aussie - except having the tendancy to ride deep ruts and having to go to 2wd to navigate out sometimes. Price is right.
I understand, that is why I have Spartan's front and rear! Tough to beat them on price! LOL I do regret being unable to unlock the front though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JKChris View Post
Man, honestly I am learning as I go. I'm definitely not an off road veteran. I like the set up so far. There may be a point where I decide differently. I guess I am learning by making some mistakes. I hope that will make my next Jeep that much better.
We are in the same boat there. Though slowly but surely I want *this* Jeep to be that much better LOL. Hope you dig your setup (I wasn't trying to knock it at ALL, hope it didn't come out that way. Just thinking aloud)

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
Butterbuddha is offline  
post #74 of 158 Old 08-01-2012, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
JKChris
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 273
No, not at all brother. No worries. I think there MAY be a time down the road where I do an axle upgrade. In that event, I may go all around ARBs.
JKChris is offline  
post #75 of 158 Old 08-09-2012, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
JKChris
Registered User
2015 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 273
Installed some JKS quick discos.



image-1186651140.jpg
JKChris is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
DJ-eep Build Thread zrides YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 65 08-18-2015 10:52 AM
Bob's Build Thread cubewhiz YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 67 08-11-2012 09:25 PM
MY D44 Build thread bill8bud YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 60 01-06-2012 10:50 PM
My new JK Build Thread CFIGuy JK Wrangler Technical Forum 5 01-30-2011 09:38 PM
My build thread.:) ImportEater YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 49 03-18-2009 05:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome