Jesse's Jeep * TJ build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jesse's Jeep * TJ build

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 05-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #46
reichard117
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC0GFG View Post
What bumper are you running up front? It looks like the smitty built src classic.
That may be what it is? It was on there when I bought it, along with many other S%ittybuilt parts that I HATE. The only thing that I kind of like is the grab handles on the roll bar.
The bumpers coating sucks. It chips off in huge pieces, the rear bumper is rusting, the fender flares are just stupid in my opinion, I would prefer stock or Rubi flares, and the side steps which I believe were SB, I didn't like (which is why they are gone.)

Yellow Jeep Club Member #117
reichard117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #47
inthefeildjr
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey dude, im 17 as well and a senior in High school. That's a nice looking jeep so far keep up the great work. Im coming up on the one year anniversary with my jeep. You will get all the kinks worked out soon and will be able to get to the fun stuff later. When I got my jeep it was stock now it is lifted on 33's and has a rear bumper tire carrier, sliders and some other cool things.
inthefeildjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #48
reichard117
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm just not a patient person, but I'm trying. I think for my birthday my parents were getting me a Tuffy center console but it's nowhere to be found?? Oh well, graduation money is coming soon and I think I'll be lining my tub and changing some fluids. Whatever money is left I will have to see what I can afford.
If I get time this weekend I'm going to build a steering box skid and hopefully start on my stinger.
Unread 05-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #49
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Nice looking jeep, I'm also in high school trying to feed a thirsty jeep. And keep up with the rust

Black Jeep Society, Eagle Scout Jeepers
yamaha225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #50
reichard117
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The thing that makes me mad is the body is perfect! I figured since the original fenders with the original paint were spotless.. the frame should be perfect. But no the frame is shot and the body is still great.
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #51
yamaha225
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I hear ya, my fenders are a mess but the tub is really pretty good, floors are solid and everything. The thing that gets me is the front half of the frame is awesome. The back half not so much. Guess i'll keep patching her for a while and try to limp through college and when funds allow do a frame swap and put this one on trail duty. Want a 4.0 down the road for the street anyways.

Black Jeep Society, Eagle Scout Jeepers
yamaha225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #52
DpDave
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Just came across your thread... not much I can add in wisdom at this point, as I'm just getting started with this Jeep build as well. I did want to send an early welcome to Florida. I'm not too far away from where you'll be, so feel free to drop a PM when you get down here. Oh, and that's a nice looking vehicle. Keep moving along with it, and soon enough it'll be what you wanted, and you can start building what you want next. It never ends, man...

My Build Thread:
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/third-monkey-yj-overbuild-1521567/#post15416939"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/third-monkey-yj-overbuild-1521567/#post15416939[/URL]
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 06:39 AM   #53
reichard117
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey thanks Dave! I'm hoping to meet some fellow jeepers down there because I know I will need a mechanic and friends since I will be all on my own! I was thinking for a while about getting a clean WRX to drive but I will probably just keep the jeep and get a supermoto to ride around when its getting worked on.
Unread 05-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #54
reichard117
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Not a whole lot going on with the jeep.
I have decided on a name for her - Veronica! (Veronica Vaughn)
Took my soft top off because it was leaking and I am trying to avoid rust. Sold it for $150 and now I'm waiting for someone to buy my Rugged Ridge running boards. I am ordering a sub/amp today because the sound bar speakers dislike any bass. My next purchase will be a top and tires with my graduation money and help from the parents. I really want a frameless soft top but when I sold mine, I got rid of the door surrounds and everything so I will need to buy all new. I know that BestTop is highly recommended but I'm looking to keep below the $500 mark.

For tires, I am leaning towards some good ol' BFG A/T's just because I will be pavement pounding most of the time but when I do go out for a trail ride, it would be nice to have some tread. What kind of tread life are you getting out of your AT/MT tires? Also would like to keep the cost down. I have Pacer Streetlocks, not sure of the width but I'm assuming 8.5ish x 15

Also contemplating taking the carpet out this weekend or next weekend and cleaning up the surface rust thats there now and getting some primer down. A buddy is getting a bed liner kit with a gun to do his Yota so I'll probably buy another can of paint and do my floor at the same time.
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #55
KC0GFG
2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.bestop.com/soft-tops-and-bikinis/trektop-nx
It came with door surrounds it even says so in the description.
KC0GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #56
reichard117
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I really wanna buy a BesTop but I don't know if I can swing almost $700 when I need tires too. But I probably will just go with the BesTop because I want quick easy removal of windows and sometimes top for driving.
I found a ProComp A/T tire that has a 50k mile tread warranty. So I may be going that route.
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #57
reichard117
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Well a lot has happened. After finishing up my senior year and getting my graduation party over, along with a new job I got some cash to play with. I got "MY" door surrounds back from the guy I sold the top to for free luckily! He actually gave me back one of my surrounds and one Rubicon surround. The plastic is different, and there is one big "bolt" for the lack of a better term, missing from each one, so I'll have to check into those. I ordered my new tires today from tirebuyer.com and they are great priced! I googled a discount code and got 10% off my order! I decided to go with General Grabber AT2 since they were cheaper and supposedly will last longer than the BFG ATs. For all five tires it cost me exactly $750 to my door which I figured isnt bad considering it was going to be close to $830 without the discount I found.
I'm also closing in on my moving day to Florida! 29 days now and they are going fast. Hopefully I can find some 4x4 shops around Kissimmee to make some friends.
My next plan for the jeep will be bedlining the inside before I move. My buddy got a spray gun and did his flat bed Yota which turned out great! So I'm going to get a can of liner and get that done. The exhaust rotted at the muffler so I bought a cheap Thrush glass pack to take care of that (which still needs put on.) There is also a pinion seal leak in the rear that I need to take care of soon, along with some maintenance cleaning/freshening.
Unread 07-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #58
reichard117
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Mounted my tires myself on Sunday and wow was that fun. Had them balanced yesterday and I love them. I also ordered Zone sway bar disconnects since my stock ones have been broken since the day I got the Jeep. Hopefully that makes it a better ride to Florida.
I should be bed lining the interior since I have a long weekend this week. Along with fixing the exhaust.
Does anyone sell their carpet? I don't think that anyone will buy it so I will probably just throw it away.
Unread 07-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #59
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

You may want to save the front floorboard sections of the carpet , the floors get awful hot with just the bedliner to help insulate the floor .
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #60
reichard117
2000 TJ Wrangler 

alright I'll do that. thanks for the heads up Beasley

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.