Jesse's Jeep * TJ build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jesse's Jeep * TJ build

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 03-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #16
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

I know there is someone who can answer this...

Unread 03-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #17
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

anyone have any suggestions on how to secure a home made shift boot? I'm using a crown royal bag, and the plastic retainer broke when I tried pulling it out. I'm guessing because it was about -10 degrees when I was doing it.
Unread 03-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #18
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

nobody going to help with this?
Unread 03-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #19
jeepjake15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichard117 View Post
thanks! I'm really just waiting for someone to buy my klx110 so I can get the lift ordered. I'm pretty set on a RC 2.5" spring with the 2.2 shocks. I have been driving it since day one or two with the sway bar links broke, should I get new ones for the lift? It doesn't bother me how it drives now but I am assuming with the taller springs it will have a little more swaayyy.
I keep seeing people that just throw on the springs and shocks and run them like that, at least for a little while. Then I hear that not bump stopping is a sin. And I'll have to get a MML to keep vibes down? Can I just try the lift and run it to see if I'll need anything else? Basically what I wanna know is what all am I going to have to buy with it?
hopefully if the 110 goes for enough, I'll be calling A to Z for some sliders. My father WILL NOT let me drill into the tub, so are there any other companies that have frame mount sliders? I would like to see more options before I disregard his thoughts and do it anyways.
Hey man, good start on the jeep! I like the yellow, I'll see if I can answer some questions for ya.

First off - I actually have the 2.5in lift and a 1.25in body lift. The lift itself is nice but in my personal opinion the shocks are too stiff, some people might like that but I don't, if you think that wouldn't bother you then by all means go for it, it's a good deal. I ordered but didn't install my MML yet and I only have minor vibes from 30-40mph, definitely not bad. So to sum it up, Yes, you can buy the lift and run it as is. As far as the sway bar links I would go ahead and just order some of Rough Country's quick disconnects, I believe they are only 70 or so, you will appreciate them when you wanna flex off-road and it only takes 20 seconds to completely free up your sway bar. I'm sure someone will chime in and say don't buy Rough Country stuff, but my experience has been great. The products were high quality, the instructions are excellent which is a big deal for my dumbarse, and the customer service is great too, I ordered 2 sets of wheel spacers and only received one set, 1 phone call and 1 day later I had my wheel spacers!

I hope that helps and if ya got anymore questions I'll try to help ya out. Good luck
jeepjake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 05:54 AM   #20
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

THANK YOU! I was about to give up on people around here? I really don't like body lifts but maybe someone can change my mind. I just hate how they look
Unread 03-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #21
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

A small body lift isnt noticeable , and it helps you out a few different ways . A body lift makes it easier to get to a lot of different things underneath , its easier to clean , and if you decide to tummy tuck the body lift will help get everything higher and up out of the way .

As to the sliders , even the Rubicons are drilled into the body . I personally dont care for the frame mount ones , but anything is better than nothing .
Unread 03-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #22
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Well the tummy tuck info just made me think about it more cause my overall goal for the jeep is to be 3.5" MAX lift. and 35s. Tucked and armored. 1" BL should be enough then? I guess I also wont need as much bump stop to run my 31s because the pictures I'll be posting soon of flexing... broke my stupid Booshwackers.

And for sliders, I guess I'm just going to have to nut up and drill into the tub. I better make sure which ones I want first. Is there anything that you guys use as a barrier between the tub and slider? I have seen rubber matting but I didn't know if anybody used it.
Unread 03-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #23
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well the tummy tuck info just made me think about it more cause my overall goal for the jeep is to be 3.5" MAX lift. and 35s. Tucked and armored. 1" BL should be enough then?
I run a 1.25 body lift with Savvy underarmor and it just clears the tcase . You have a NP 231 , so a 1" BL might work . Call and ask whoever you are going to get your skid from what they recommend .
Quote:
I guess I also wont need as much bump stop to run my 31s because the pictures I'll be posting soon of flexing... broke my stupid Booshwackers.
Bumpstops are good to have no matter the flare . They arent pricey , and are easy to install . I prefer stock flares myself , and you can get them cheap .

Quote:
And for sliders, I guess I'm just going to have to nut up and drill into the tub. I better make sure which ones I want first. Is there anything that you guys use as a barrier between the tub and slider? I have seen rubber matting but I didn't know if anybody used it.
I have Rokmen sliders and they use a gasket between the tub and the slider . I believe that A to Z offers gaskets too .
Unread 03-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #24
jeepjake15
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Like he said ^ It isnt noticeable at all, you wouldn't know unless you got under my jeep and looked for it and also I share the same opinion on sliders. Bumpstops can be as cheap as a hockey puck and a bolt if you get creative
jeepjake15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #25
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
I run a 1.25 body lift with Savvy underarmor and it just clears the tcase . You have a NP 231 , so a 1" BL might work . Call and ask whoever you are going to get your skid from what they recommend .

Bumpstops are good to have no matter the flare . They arent pricey , and are easy to install . I prefer stock flares myself , and you can get them cheap .

I have Rokmen sliders and they use a gasket between the tub and the slider . I believe that A to Z offers gaskets too .
The TT will be at least a year down the road unless I run into a large sum of money.
I'd really like to get stock rear flares and some flareless tube front.
I was looking at the A to Z but I also like the Jeeperman ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjake15 View Post
Like he said ^ It isnt noticeable at all, you wouldn't know unless you got under my jeep and looked for it and also I share the same opinion on sliders. Bumpstops can be as cheap as a hockey puck and a bolt if you get creative
I'm gonna have to get some pucks and do this. Research time!
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #26
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Played around after school yesterday

Unread 03-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #27
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm going to end up with about $400 left to spend this weekend after the bike gets sold, so what should I get?
1. RC 2.5 lift with 2.2 shocks
2. RC 2.5 coils with ??? shocks
3. ?? brand quick disconnects (money permitting)
4. Gas for the next couple months

Anyone have any other suggestions of what would be the smart way to spend my money right now?
Unread 04-07-2013, 06:10 AM   #28
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

well I was washing my jeep yesterday and got looking while washing the frame and found the transfer case skid on the passenger side front had pulled out of the frame? how concerned do I need to be at the moment cause I need this vehicle every day, what am I looking into to fix it!?

Unread 04-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #29
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm about to move to another forum.. not much love around here?
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #30
reichard117
2014 JK Wrangler 

Ordered a 1" coil spacer to level the front. My birthday is also coming up at the end of the month so my parents agreed to get me a good lockable center console. What brands and style is everyone using? I have seen Tuffy products a lot but maybe there are some others I didn't see yet. I did sell my 110 as well so I have some more money to spend. My frame should be getting taken care of before too long too.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.