Jersey Jeep Build (Girl built and owned!) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jersey Jeep Build (Girl built and owned!)

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #31
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

OK... I was pretty weak with picture taking at Topless for Tatas but here are a few:

nice PA road!
This was a gutter, I wish I had better pics because this was a tough obstacle for me and I'm sure it would have been a great shot! this is toward the end of it. and the second photo is a nice shot of my two favorite boys

And here are two cool videos I'll link from Topless for Tatas as well:
the bowla steep mound

took the WJ out last Sunday to Stokes, ripped it

a video of riding in the WJ! video 1

Currently addressing this little number today... I have a passenger leak and it caused some pretty decent rusting on the passenger floor pan. Probably will hit it with a wire brush and some rust stopping paint and seal it up with some bed liner... Then invest in bed tred.

sargeantbecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #32
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

and on another note, as I never mentioned how it went, my experience with installing the RCD lift was a 15 hour round of frustration. So many frozen bolts and the instructions were a little shotty... Had to re-drill one of the brackets as well. and in a garage with no heat or insulation! but all in all at least the quality is great. It rides much better now with the Currie Anti-Rocks!

Here is my mod list, I've been catching up on a few other threads, and I liked how one Jeeper (KateKGB) organized her mod lists into phases so here I go!

PHASE I
  • Metal Cloak Overlines with 4" flares, front and rear ??
  • Skidrow Steering Box Skid $55
  • Skidrow Offroad Engine/Trans Skid plate $289
  • River Raider Offroad 48" Hi-Lift Jack Mount $72
  • Hi-Lift Jack X-Treme Jack 48" in Silver $109
  • Gen-Right Crawler Skid Plate $309
PHASE II
  • ~14" LED hood light bar
  • Currie 4" Coils
  • OME Steering Stabilizer $82
  • Currie Johnny Joint Lower Control Arms, front and rear
  • JKS front/rear adjustable trac bar
PHASE III
  • Tom Woods SYE kit and DC shaft
  • Updated gear ratios 4.88s
  • Kevlar MT/R 35" and Black Rock Series 909 15" wheels

My main goal is Metal Cloaks and 35s... Fortunately, my Bilstein shocks allow me to upgrade my coils about another inch, I think, so in the end I'll be running a 4" lift. So I am trying to upgrade the fenders and lift to get me some real size tires. The question is... What else do I need to safely run 35" tires? SYE? Upper control arms as well? What gear ratios?? Do I need to upgrade my rear axle? Not really sure, been hearing quite a few things...
Unread 08-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #33
alabamaboy54
1985 CJ7 

A SYE with a cv style rear driveshaft will most likely be needed with that lift and 35's, which will necessitate adjustable rear upper control arms to rotate the rear pinion up towards the output of the transfer case in order to get proper driveshaft/ u joint angles. Just went through all this on a friends tj last week..
alabamaboy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 02:14 PM   #34
boatsandhose
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You will need an SYE, I would recommend replacing all of your control arms with some heavy duty ones, 4.10 would be a nice ratio to run with the 4.0 and 35s. Maybe 4.56. You will definitely need a new rear axle. An 8.8 is a popular choice and can be had for cheap. Look on craigslist for a TJ 44 rear end as some of them came with them and they will be a direct bolt in swap. The cheapest thing to do would probably be to get an 8.8 (4.10 gears) off of craigslist and a dana 30 front with 4.10 as well. The dana 30 with 4.10 can be had for cheap from a 4 cylinder TJ.
Unread 08-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #35
TLs04TJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Is that aerosol can spray on plasti dip? I've been thinking about doing mine. I think it looks good!
TLs04TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #36
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ok thanks for the feedback! I'll be on the lookout for some possible rear axle swaps. found a potential one this morning but currently I am deciding between that or bed tred to replace my moldy carpeting!

and TL - yes, it was plasti dip from the can! it was a cool mod, pretty time consuming depending on how neurotic you are. I found that plasti dip tends to go on very lightly and you really need to take the time to let it dry between those thin coats for it to be applied evenly. I also liked it for the fact that it provides some protection from rock chips and hid the damage from the plastix chrome grill slots the PO stuck on.
Unread 08-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #37
ZSXJ430

Coming along nicely.
Unread 08-28-2013, 05:57 PM   #38
TLs04TJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeantbecks
ok thanks for the feedback! I'll be on the lookout for some possible rear axle swaps. found a potential one this morning but currently I am deciding between that or bed tred to replace my moldy carpeting!

and TL - yes, it was plasti dip from the can! it was a cool mod, pretty time consuming depending on how neurotic you are. I found that plasti dip tends to go on very lightly and you really need to take the time to let it dry between those thin coats for it to be applied evenly. I also liked it for the fact that it provides some protection from rock chips and hid the damage from the plastix chrome grill slots the PO stuck on.
Thanks! Yea mine is pretty chipped up. That route sounds a lot better than sanding and painting it. Nice jeep keep up the good work
TLs04TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #39
RUSHTK
2000 WJ 

Inspiration!! Giving my 16 yr old her first jeep and she gets to get her hands dirty on some mods and maintenance! Showing her your thread to show her it's not a guy thing! Nice ride.
RUSHTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #40
BlackmetalTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Those fenders look great!
BlackmetalTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #41
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

All right. Updating this because it's been some time and I need to work some plans out in my head.

Because this ol' guy hit 150k this past month, as my current DD and to lighten the load of my full-time college/work salary, I will probably push the D44 axle/35s/4" LA upgrade for a very later date, and settle with the armor, Metal Cloaks, 33s, regear, etc... Cheaper plus once this is done, I can add a new DD/beater so the poor Jeep doesn't have to work so hard every day! Haven't done much as of late. Recently bought some Skidrow plates, saving up for some other things then I will throw it on all at once.

In wake of this cold weather, I have been experiencing what you guys on here call angry sparrows... Squeaking/squealing up at the front of the car when in motion/accelerating. Not when I brake or idle. All my u-joints are new as of 2012 and they have been greased up pretty good at the time. So I see that people say it could be the centering ball. This puts a rainy day on my wheeling plans for the weekend. Also read some stories of the transfer case cracking in half if the issue is left unsolved. Yikes! I also have a leaky rear diff (seal needs replacement) and a leaky oil pan that's been getting pretty gnarly.

Let's hope I get some repair updates and new add-ons soon!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.