Jersey Jeep Build (Girl built and owned!) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jersey Jeep Build (Girl built and owned!)

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 10-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by printingray View Post
A great project and the most interesting thing in this project is that it is totally managed by a girl. I am wondering that how professionally she did it.
I dunno what that means, but to fill you in, not sure if I've mention this on the thread yet, but all the work is done at my father's shop. There I have full access to essentially anything I'd need. As far as the repairs involved, it was all completed by me. I'd like to think I did a pretty decent job, definitely up to par with your average mechanic. I'm hoping one day I'll be qualified enough to be a mechanic so in terms of the work done on this Jeep, be it body work (welding, molds, painting) or your average repair job, it all involves my own hands. This Jeep is a great learning experience for me! C:

But thank you I think!

sargeantbecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2012, 10:04 PM   #17
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXJ91 View Post
Cool build. I assume your in NNJ?
Thanks! And yes, how'd you know? It's unfortunate though. NNJ is real bad for Jeep owners. There isn't much of a place to wheel around here -- or anywhere in this state. Haha.
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:09 AM   #18
440yj

from what i hear from some of my buddys they have spots to wheel there club is high point jeepers . and my buddy lives in newton area and i got family in hamburg
440yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:43 AM   #19
1980_CJ
1980 CJ7 

My TJ had those ugly grille inserts too; I drove it straight home popped them out within 2 hours of taking ownership of it. They are laying in my shop right now, they probably should be destroyed.

Nice job and great jeep. U need a big sticker that says "Silly Boys, Jeeps are For Girls!"
1980_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #20
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 440yj View Post
from what i hear from some of my buddys they have spots to wheel there club is high point jeepers . and my buddy lives in newton area and i got family in hamburg
Here and there. Most of the spots people tend to be locations they know of from being a local. Maybe that's how it is in other states too. I'm gonna start joining up clubs when I really have something going on with the Jeep, if that makes sense. My TJ is still more or less stock; I want something a little more impressive ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1980_CJ
My TJ had those ugly grille inserts too; I drove it straight home popped them out within 2 hours of taking ownership of it. They are laying in my shop right now, they probably should be destroyed.

Nice job and great jeep. U need a big sticker that says "Silly Boys, Jeeps are For Girls!"
Thank you! Yeah I don't know what people are thinking when they add chrome to a Wrangler. I just hate the silver period, even the headlight bezels.

Haha, I think I'm gonna start adding stickers to my hard top! Prolly not anything relating to the fact that I'm a girl like "Jeeps are for girls" or "Real girls drive stick." I just wanna blend in with the crowd. No one needs to know if I'm a guy or girl. P: They just gotta like my Jeep!
Unread 10-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #21
440yj

yea i know. if you every want to travel to play let me know bc i'am only like a hour and half from NJ. and where i'am at there is mud bog happen all summer long
440yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #22
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sargeantbecks View Post
Thanks! And yes, how'd you know? It's unfortunate though. NNJ is real bad for Jeep owners. There isn't much of a place to wheel around here -- or anywhere in this state. Haha.
Just a guess since you mentioned Stokes and not Wharton
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #23
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJXJ91 View Post
Just a guess since you mentioned Stokes and not Wharton
Oooh, yeah I guess that would give it away! One day I'll hit up all the spots around here. Rausch, Wharton, Pine Barrens, whatever I can find in New York. I have to drive, hm... about 1.5 hours to Stokes. I'm so far east into NNJ it hurts. Shoulda got a Subaru WRX and called it a day.
Unread 10-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #24
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Been thinking of buying these things sometime this week:

Smittybilt Grab Handles (I really need these to get inside. Curse my size and lack of coordination!) $25

MOPAR stone guards $27
here

Except shipping may be postponed quite a bunch considering NJ is getting hit by Hurricane Sandy. I also want these but I think I need to prioritize my lift over these guys. There's always Christmas!

Body Armor Rockcrawler side guards.

Are those a good brand for rocker guards? I really like the look of those in particular and it looks like you could use them to boost yourself up inside as well. I wasn't intending on replacing my stock side steps but some events/areas I plan on attending do not permit them.
Unread 11-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Look what I got in the mail! C;

Ordered the Race Car Dynamics lift kit this past Sunday and it took 1 business day to get here. How cool is that?! Reasoning behind the RCD lift was the Bilstein shocks and it seemed more complete than the other kits out there. I don't really know just yet what I'm getting into so I am not about to go buy adjustable track bars and all that stuff (yet?) Plus RCD lifts are extremely popular with Dodge, Toyota, and Chevy's and have pretty good reputation with those brands so I thought I'd give it a shot despite not many people using it on here... And the $834 price tag with shipping was a benefit.

So by purchasing this I wiped out my savings considering I am on waitress salary but I still got a couple things more to gather before I take a break with building this and enjoy it for a little while. C: I hope to have it Rausch ready for January! But we'll see... Lift will go on once my semester ends and I have the time for the shop. Whooooooo!
Unread 08-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Time for a long overdue update! Walked into the Jeep world expecting to upgrade this TJ to a mild build, but my expectations just keep getting bigger and bigger! (Y'all weren't kidding when you said that would happen.)

There were a few things that have been done over the 10 month hiatus of this thread... Mind you, it is not a lot, but I was unfortunately in between jobs for a while and stuck living off waitress tips which barely held up my gas bill, let alone trying to save up for Jeep upgrades...
  • RCD 3" suspension lift (w/ Bilsteins) INSTALLED
  • Mopar factory fog light guards (for aesthetics)
  • Angry eyes (first vinyl tape, then plasti dip - adds +5 off road ability)
  • Currie Anti-Rock sway bars
  • Plasti dipped grill
  • Front and rear tow hooks
  • Body Armor rocker guards INSTALLED
  • Sport handles
  • Mopar front/rear end caps INSTALLED
  • KC windshield lights INSTALLED

And, well... that's been it aside from a handful of mechanical problems and oil changes. In the mean time, I have been riding through Stokes State Forest as much as I can, and I completed my first Jeep event a few weeks ago! (Topless for Tatas) The trip made me realize A) how unexperienced I was, despite my solo trail runs B) the capability of Wranglers and C) how amazing the Jeep community really is. I learned a lot; I had a really great supportive trail guide and group. It was a blast! Can't wait to head back to Rausch...

Stay tuned - I'll pic spam in a few and post up my ever-growing list of future mods. Sorry this build is so slow. It's not easy livin' up in NJ especially as a college student.
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #27
G Beasley
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice to see you doing your own work .My daughter likes to work in the garage with me and I hope she keeps at it like you have.
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #28
nagel
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Hmm, there's plenty of spots in NNJ to jeep, just gotta ask! Bloomingdale, West Milford, Ringwood, Mahwah are just a few areas we go to. I know some trails out by Lake Hopatcong too, just gotta get my friends to finally make that trek.. Mind you, not all of these areas are posted as riding areas, and ya may get a trespassing ticket, but we've been good and don't push our luck.
nagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #29
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Had some late winter time fun a few times with the pops at Stokes post-lift.

Also had installed the KCs and rocker guards with the lift so here are those babies!

There was some good snows up here at some points too! (that Ranger was my first car, that thing would drive to the end of the world and back)

ok ok so in late February I started talkin to a fellow NJ jeeper who happened to rock the angry eyes look. I had been toying with the idea for a while and decided to jump on the band wagon... Trying my best to flex! hahaa....

Fortunately my old boss is a stock JK owner and thanks to the internet was able to meet up with another Jeep guy as well (who is now my lovely boyfriend ) We rode up to Stokes a few times! Tore through some fields and trails, always had a blast...

Me and my boyfriend's Jeeps... his and hers?? I love how mine is bigger and I'm the one that drives the 5speed...
More Stokes...

And behold classic stock flex... He actually had gotten stuck, with only 3 tires contacting the ground but made it through in the end!
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #30
sargeantbecks
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Later the boyfriend got stuck in a mud trench... Shoulda taken some pics! Had the stock JK pull him out cos I had no tow points at the time. I was the one, however, trudging through the mud to hook up the tow chains

and of course no road trip went without some angry moments... (linking this, I'm not sure if my hand gesture is forum-appropriate!) typical jeep frustrations

Moved earlier in the summer. here's the Jeep all packed up
In between givin' the boytoy some lessons on how to drive manual, I did some poser mall krawling shots
And I finally took puppy out on a ride! ...and had a fuse blow on the way back home from us hiking...

and in other jeep adventures, I took my pops' WJ to the drive-in

and had some plasti dip fun (got sick of the stupid chipped grill, I really dunno how I feel about it but it'll stay til I get Metal Cloaks) and painted my fenders (with Krylon!) after this as well!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.