Jeffro's ride ... - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro's ride ...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Closed Thread
Unread 01-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #91
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95
My SYE / CV install is all done. I had to wait an extra week to get some 8-degree shims, as the 4-degree shims allowed vibration.

Here is what it looks like now...

It didn't go without a hitch though. The new shims came with new centering pins. With those were some little washers...one for each pin.

First step of the day was to remove the transfer case drop. Then we, my daughter's boyfriend Josh, jacked up the rear end, supported the springs with jack stands, and started the swap.

The fisrt problem of the day came when the pins that RE sent with the shims was too big to fit the predrilled hole.... Thankfully a buddy of mines dad owns a suspension and allignment shop 2-minutes from my house. Even more thankfully....his dad was there at 10am on a Saturday. He drilled out the holes to their proper size!!

We returned to my garage and in went the shims. We were trying to figure out the whole pin, washer, thing. It didn't seem the the washers were needed, but we tried one. Guess what.....not needed. As Josh started to remove the pin the threads on it stripped, about half way down! I used a hacksaw to cut the pin, just above the the stripped nut. Josh was able to rethread the bolt onto the pin! We were back on track!

From there everything bolted up just fine. We took her out for a test drive and all is well, no more vibes!!!

Once that was all done I ordered 5 new 33x12.50 R15 TrXus MT's!! Hopefully they will be here, and mounted in time for the Badlands on the 28th!!
Awesome thread, it's been fun watching this rig get built up. It looks fantastic.

Aren't the shims supposed to raise the yoke up? (meaning front point up more toward TC)??

The pic looks like you've got them lowering the yoke.

Also looks like you have the military wrap on the frame side of the spring, not the shackle side. Do those springs have military wrap on both sides?

Richmond88yj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #92
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

the shims are on the right way, the thick end is pointing toward the front of the jeep, and i think the leafs are on right also.
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #93
coolhand

Hey Jeffro95

How do you like those tires in the snow?

I live in SOCAL right now and will be moving to KY in a couple of months. I got the same ones and am thinking about replacing them with some 35's in a couple of months. But and don't want to get them if they totaly suck in the snow.

"The Empty Pocket Warriors." Member #2
"92 YJ, 3.5" BDS. Custom 1.5" lift shackles, 2" BL, Ford 8.8 W/Trac-loc & 33" TrXus MT's (for now).
"No one ever accused the Wrangler of being comfortable, quiet, or practical. No one ever called it boring, either. The Wrangler is a two-door toy, ... great fun to drive with the top down." -- AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE, March 1995.
coolhand is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #94
Richmond88yj
Eat, Sleep, Jeep

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepREDSOX
the shims are on the right way, the thick end is pointing toward the front of the jeep, and i think the leafs are on right also.

Thanks, was kinda hard to see on my laptop screen. Now that I'm home and can see, I feel like a tard for asking.
Richmond88yj is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2008, 06:11 AM   #95
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhand
Hey Jeffro95

How do you like those tires in the snow?
I'm very happy with the performance of the TrXus tires. I've had them in deep snow, hard packed, even ice covered roads. They do great.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2008, 06:13 AM   #96
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepREDSOX
Yep, shims are on the right way....thick end to the front, as are the leafs....military wrap to the fixed position.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 01-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #97
coolhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95
I'm very happy with the performance of the TrXus tires. I've had them in deep snow, hard packed, even ice covered roads. They do great.

Thanks, that confirms it fo me. I'm going to get anouther set.

Maybe in the fall I'll see you at Attica.
"The Empty Pocket Warriors." Member #2
"92 YJ, 3.5" BDS. Custom 1.5" lift shackles, 2" BL, Ford 8.8 W/Trac-loc & 33" TrXus MT's (for now).
"No one ever accused the Wrangler of being comfortable, quiet, or practical. No one ever called it boring, either. The Wrangler is a two-door toy, ... great fun to drive with the top down." -- AUTOMOBILE MAGAZINE, March 1995.
coolhand is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #98
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've had my M.O.R.E. 5/8" boomerang shackles since 11/26/07...and today I finally put them on. The weather was nice...mid 30's, and sunny, this inspired me to get off my duff and get 'er done!

The back and............................................... front.

Driver side.

Passenger side.

Front.

It took me a couple of hours. I need a bigger garage. Doing this in a one car garage, with just enough room to get around the rig was kind of a pain. I even had to unhook the garage door opener to get the door opened high enough to get it and out.

I took it for a spin and could tell the difference, ride wise, instantly. Bumps that have sent spine jarring shock through me, every since I had the lift installed, were now almost non-exisitant. I flexed it a bit, and could tell the difference too...no pictures of that yet. I will need to get the steering wheel re-centered......again.

If you have the RE 4" lift, get the M.O.R.E. 5/8" boomerang shackles...you won't regret it. These suckers are way more beefy than the stock shackles too.

What to do next?

Last edited by Jeffro06; 02-23-2008 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: Forgot something..
Unread 02-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #99
BlackRhino
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Your Jeep is looking great!
Unread 02-23-2008, 05:44 PM   #100
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRhino View Post
Your Jeep is looking great!
Thanks. I've changed quite a bit since I bought it. I'm thinking about beefing up the rear end. Super 35 is the easiest option..for me, but I haven't decided yet. I want a rear locker, so I'll have to do something, strenght wise, to accomplish that. Cost and ease of install, will be the deciding factors here.
Unread 02-23-2008, 11:33 PM   #101
Samgler
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Lookin good there!
(o)_) (o)_)=o)_)
^^^^^^^^^^^ 1995 YJ Sahara, 4.0L 5spd

Rubicon Express 4.5 extreme duty lift, SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft. Mickey Thompson MTZ 33x12.5R15 on d windows.
Samgler is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2008, 06:38 AM   #102
--chris--
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nice jeep Jeffro!
--chris-- is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #103
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samgler View Post
Lookin good there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap5.0 View Post
Nice jeep Jeffro!
Thanks guys. I'm trying to convince the wife it would look even better with a nice Warn winch up front.

Unread 02-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #104
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well it's been almost a week with the boom's installed. The ride is smoother, the flex is better, but bump steer has appeared. It's not bad, but there wasn't any before. I don't have a dropped pitman arm, so I'm thinking it's time to get one. My steering wheel is taking a hard right, so I figure I may as well get the pitman arm, then adjust that.

My wife even says the Jeep rides better now.

Unread 02-28-2008, 08:32 PM   #105
bmx_hb_guy
1993 ZJ 

ayyy what kinda flares are u running ......are they stock?
AND YES IM 17 BUT THIS JEEP AINT DADDYS MONEY!
bmx_hb_guy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.