Jeffro's ride ... - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro's ride ...

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Closed Thread
Unread 11-08-2007, 05:52 PM   #76
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing new today....but I'm considering MORE boomerang shackles...front and rear.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #77
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just a little update.

My 5/8" Boomerangs are on the way. I've had no problems with the sye/cv. Love the TrXus tires. They worked good on the trail, road nice on the highway, and are balanced. The only negative so far is they are a bit hard for the first few miles on cold mornings. They soon warm up and the ride smooths out...as much as it can in a Jeep. The MORE boomerangs will probably be the last addition until spring.... I want sooooooo much more.

Better check my lottery ticket.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 11-26-2007, 10:42 AM   #78
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

My M.O.R.E. boomerangs arrived today!! They sure are beefy. I'll post some pic's when the change over is complete.

Unread 12-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #79
Stout95YJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

bump, got them shackles on?
Stout95YJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2007, 08:41 PM   #80
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95
My M.O.R.E. boomerangs arrived today!! They sure are beefy. I'll post some pic's when the change over is complete.
I just bought some MORE boomerang shackles for the front. I've been going through in my head how I'm going to install them without removing the springs. how did you install them, if you did already?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2007, 10:06 PM   #81
Ryanpowell167
1992 YJ Wrangler 

When i did my booms, i just jacked up the front frame so it took all the pressure off the axle. Then i unbolted them and just had the springs stickin out. Then i bolted up the new ones and lowered the springs down into them....
Unread 12-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #82
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanpowell167
When i did my booms, i just jacked up the front frame so it took all the pressure off the axle. Then i unbolted them and just had the springs stickin out. Then i bolted up the new ones and lowered the springs down into them....
Thanks for the reply. But let me ask. Did you jack up the frame so the tires were off the ground? And then wouldn't you also have to jack up the axle a little to take weight off the springs?
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Mr.B is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2007, 05:34 PM   #83
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stout 1995 Yj
bump, got them shackles on?
NOPE! I've been busy with work and all...trying to get caught up before the end of this week, at which time I start a vacation. I'll be off until after the new year, and I hope to get them on then.

I will post some photos afterwards.

It kills me to see them sitting in the box everytime I walk through the dining room....which by the way the wife keeps tellling me to get them out of.

Unread 12-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #84
danielp
1995 YJ Wrangler 

jeffro love the jeep im hoping to have my jeep setup like you have it now within the next 2-3mos. question. what size tires were you running before you got the 33 trxus? if anything ima be running a 4" lift on 31"s untill i save some more for the 33s

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
95yj 4 happy squirrels going strong
31" BFG AT/KO
stock susp.
danielp is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #85
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielp
jeffro love the jeep im hoping to have my jeep setup like you have it now within the next 2-3mos. question. what size tires were you running before you got the 33 trxus? if anything ima be running a 4" lift on 31"s untill i save some more for the 33s
Thank you. I had 32x11.5's prior to the 33's.

Unread 12-20-2007, 10:51 AM   #86
jsahara24
1999 XJ Cherokee 

looks good man, I was wondering where you bought those 8* shims? Thanks, Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95
Thank you. I had 32x11.5's prior to the 33's.
Unread 12-20-2007, 01:29 PM   #87
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsahara24
looks good man, I was wondering where you bought those 8* shims? Thanks, Jason
Right here in the vendor section, from Fullsizexj.

Unread 01-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #88
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You said that you put in the 8 degree shims for you rear right, how did you go about doing them, I have ordered them and wanted to get some ideas on how to go about doing it.
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #89
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepREDSOX
You said that you put in the 8 degree shims for you rear right, how did you go about doing them, I have ordered them and wanted to get some ideas on how to go about doing it.
It's pretty straight forward. You need a floor jack and some jack stands. And of course the right wrenches... Once you loosen up the u-bolts holding the springs on the axle, you slip out the old shims and slip in the new.

Well it wasn't quite that easy...turns out the hole in the new shims wasn't as big as the centering pin. A quick trip to a buddies shop, to use his drill press, solved that problem. I just needed to take the old shim with so we knew what size the hole should be.

After replacing the shims it was as simple as tightening everything back up. I'm not a grease monkey by any means, and this was very easy. Not much to it at all.

Now I have GOT to find time to put on my M.O.R.E. Boomerang shackles!!! I've had them for like forever!!

Unread 01-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #90
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Did you take the u-bolts completly off or just losen them up enough to get the shim out.
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.