Jeffro's ride ... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro's ride ...

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy Aluminum Bumpers

Closed Thread
Unread 10-19-2007, 06:16 AM   #61
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3Jeeps
I've been wanting to get rid of my back seat bench and put seats in like yours that you have in your back seat. How'd you do it and where'd you buy em?
It took a lot of searching, and custom fabrication, to get the new bucket seats installed in the back. What you have to do is have twin girls, go to Wal-Mart, head to the baby section. Once there look for the bright pink seats....yes pink....they will look just like this...

Now put them in the back seat, side by side, take the seat belts and lace them trough the upper eyelets, squeeze your hand down between the two seats, and secure the buckles.

Oh, one more thing....take them out when the twins aren't with you, or you'll look like a dork!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2007, 03:55 PM   #62
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95
My SYE / CV install is all done. I had to wait an extra week to get some 8-degree shims, as the 4-degree shims allowed vibration.

Here is what it looks like now...

It didn't go without a hitch though. The new shims came with new centering pins. With those were some little washers...one for each pin.

First step of the day was to remove the transfer case drop. Then we, my daughter's boyfriend Josh, jacked up the rear end, supported the springs with jack stands, and started the swap.

The fisrt problem of the day came when the pins that RE sent with the shims was too big to fit the predrilled hole.... Thankfully a buddy of mines dad owns a suspension and allignment shop 2-minutes from my house. Even more thankfully....his dad was there at 10am on a Saturday. He drilled out the holes to their proper size!!

We returned to my garage and in went the shims. We were trying to figure out the whole pin, washer, thing. It didn't seem the the washers were needed, but we tried one. Guess what.....not needed. As Josh started to remove the pin the threads on it stripped, about half way down! I used a hacksaw to cut the pin, just above the the stripped nut. Josh was able to rethread the bolt onto the pin! We were back on track!

From there everything bolted up just fine. We took her out for a test drive and all is well, no more vibes!!!

Once that was all done I ordered 5 new 33x12.50 R15 TrXus MT's!! Hopefully they will be here, and mounted in time for the Badlands on the 28th!!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 10-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #63
eche981

dig the pink

do they make a okoly seat cover for that model?
(0)_)(0)_)-(o)_) 88 hardtop 258 (Strong motor) 3 in lift, 1 in body , 32X12.50, webber, nutter, HEI upgarde and needs paint.
eche981 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #64
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eche981
do they make a okoly seat cover for that model?
I'm not sure, I'll have to check....maybe I can find some 5-point harnesses for them too...in pink of course!

Unread 10-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #65
ChrisYJ - Italy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Jeffro, be very careful , that driveshaft is too long for your setup , it looks completely stuffed in at ride height, if compressed it will press on your tcase, eventually destroyn'it and- or bending the new ds.

Triple measure everything before driving it really, to me it looks just wrong like that! Maybe it's just the pic, but..!!!!!
Greetings from Italy!!!!
ChrisYJ - Italy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #66
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisYJ - Italy
Jeffro, be very careful , that driveshaft is too long for your setup , it looks completely stuffed in at ride height, if compressed it will press on your tcase, eventually destroyn'it and- or bending the new ds.

Triple measure everything before driving it really, to me it looks just wrong like that! Maybe it's just the pic, but..!!!!!
Greetings from Italy!!!!
That wouldn't be good. I'm not sure if it's the angle of the picture or not. Anyone have pictures of theirs they could share? I'd hate to kill the entire rig! There is a bit more space than it appears there, so the angle has something to do with it I guess...but still. So photos?

Unread 10-25-2007, 07:38 PM   #67
Stout95YJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

i have the same lift as you, could i just lengthen my driveshaft and use some 8* shims?
Stout95YJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2007, 09:03 PM   #68
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stout 1995 Yj
i have the same lift as you, could i just lengthen my driveshaft and use some 8* shims?
That I can't answer....just don't now for sure. Putting in the 8* shims and trying it would only run you about $35, and some time, and would be one way to know for sure.

Unread 10-26-2007, 10:48 AM   #69
richmond1273
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i agree with chris yj, there doesn't look to be any room for the driveshaft to compress when the axle articulates. even if some of it is the angle, i would think you would be able to see some splines. otherwise nice looking jeep!

1995 Wrangler 4.0 AX15 NP231 D30 & 35 4.10 gears
3" Rough Country suspension 33x12.50 Mastercraft MT

2007 JK 3.8 42RLE Auto NV241 D30 & D44 4.10 gears
richmond1273 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2007, 04:58 PM   #70
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmond1273
i agree with chris yj, there doesn't look to be any room for the driveshaft to compress when the axle articulates. even if some of it is the angle, i would think you would be able to see some splines. otherwise nice looking jeep!
Two shops, and a compression test....all seems to be fine. Sure it looks close, but I'd probably have to race the Baja 1000 for it to do go bad. I still might take an inch off, just for some added piece of mind.

Unread 10-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #71
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

New tread!

Well my TrXus 33x12.5 R15's arrived today. I had them mounted today too.

Here's how she looks now.....

I still have to go out and hit some highway speeds to see how well they balanced, as I've read they are a bit hard to tame. It takes a little more time for the rig to come to a stop now. Noticed that when an idiot slammed on his brakes, right in front of me, just two minutes after I left the shop.

I like the way she looks, much better now.

Unread 10-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #72
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I have the same tires and i think that they are awsome. They are pretty quiet and they have a great bite off road. Good tire in my opinion.
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
93jeepREDSOX is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #73
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepREDSOX
I have the same tires and i think that they are awsome. They are pretty quiet and they have a great bite off road. Good tire in my opinion.
Well after making the 8-hour round trip drive, to the Badlands in Attica Indiana, and spending 5-hours playing on the rocks, in the mud, creek, and on the trails, I'm pretty happy with my tire choice.

They ride well on the road, at 70mph, and made the day of off-roading better than it was with the Mickey Thompson's I had. I've read that the TrXus radials are hard to balance, mine are fine.

To sum it up...they look good, ride good, grip well, clean out well, handled in the rain @ highway speeds well, didn't slip in the rain during acceleration....now all I need is some snow!

Unread 11-01-2007, 07:14 PM   #74
black2door
Web Wheeler

1994 XJ Cherokee 

That looks awesome. Really nice jeep

1994 Black XJ 2 door - 4.0 - Auto - Making a wheelin rig
Beefy steering - 33" Bighorns - 3" bastard lift - Welded rear

black2door is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2007, 06:04 PM   #75
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2door
That looks awesome. Really nice jeep
Thanks, I've been tweaking it since I bought it...trying to make it MINE.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.