Jeffro's ride ... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro's ride ...

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Closed Thread
Unread 10-12-2007, 10:30 PM   #46
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stout 1995 Yj
I just installed my 4"RE std on monday, I dont have any bad vibrations at all, what are your vibes like and at what speeds/rpms?
Oddly enough I didn't have any vibes at first either. With the transfercase drop that was on there, and the stock ds it was fine. But the ds looked as if it were going to snap at the u-joints. Added the SYE/CV, removed transfercase drop...couldn't go past 20mph without vibrating my teeth out.

Re-installed transfer drop, lost the major vibration. It's now very slight, even at 55mph...2500 rpm's or so. I can feel it....but it's not rattling the change in my cup holder anymore.

I want to elimnate the transfercase drop, so the 8 degree shims are on the way to point the pinion at the transfercase (if all goes as planned) and allow the removal of said drop.

Short answer...very slight vibes felt at about 2500 rpms....40+ mph.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #47
Keene YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Jeffro,
I have the same seat covers as you do. Do your covers actually cover the entire bottom part of the seat .... Mine dont seem to ... yet the picture @ quadratec does...
Keene YJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2007, 12:35 AM   #48
leftlanetruckin
XJ on 37's

1998 XJ Cherokee 

someone say something about mud after wheeling?
after $32 At the car wash, i can honestly say, i hate mud... hell, it took me over a month to get the stuff off the INSIDE of the windshield, and the roll cage!!
mudweb-1.jpg

martin
2000 4.7 4WD WJ with a rebuilt motor.
4.3/700r4/new frame buildup (YJ)....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/swap-offically-underway-324622/

Years to gain the hands on experience, and offer it freely.
Minutes to gain the knowledge from the internet, and quote it just as freely.
Choose wisely!
leftlanetruckin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2007, 01:16 AM   #49
Barrio
1992 YJ Wrangler 

looks good ...even better loosing that chrome bumper ...maybe that chrome frount clip too haha. get a can of semi-gloss black spray paint and got to town haha...door hinges/wheels tow hooks. im my opinon the only thing chrome on a jeep should be the lugs haha thats just me tho. looks real good . and i dig the car seat in the rear. prob get alotta looks when the tops down
-Rio Red 1995 Ford Mustang- Daily Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfmoney
i see theres a bunch of toughguys on this forum or internet gangstas
Barrio is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2007, 05:49 AM   #50
YJames90
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Will 8 degree shims let me get rid of the t case drop?
I have 4s in there now
YJames90 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2007, 11:54 AM   #51
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftlanetruckin
Mine was vey similar once.....it took me a whole lot quarters too, that's why I'm not a huge fan of the sticky stuff. It's fun while you do it, but the clean up sucks.. But I didn't have my top on at the time....that really sucks....

I know, pic's or ban....I don't have any...sorry.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 10-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #52
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrio
looks good ...even better loosing that chrome bumper ...maybe that chrome frount clip too haha. get a can of semi-gloss black spray paint and got to town haha...door hinges/wheels tow hooks. im my opinon the only thing chrome on a jeep should be the lugs haha thats just me tho. looks real good . and i dig the car seat in the rear. prob get alotta looks when the tops down
I actually looked into taking the chrome grill off, but there was a pesky screw, and I just didn't feel like messing with it, so I didn't. Still on the fence.

Unread 10-13-2007, 11:56 AM   #53
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesx2
Will 8 degree shims let me get rid of the t case drop?
I have 4s in there now
That's what I've heard/read, I'll soon know first hand.

Unread 10-13-2007, 11:57 AM   #54
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keene YJ
Hey Jeffro,
I have the same seat covers as you do. Do your covers actually cover the entire bottom part of the seat .... Mine dont seem to ... yet the picture @ quadratec does...
My covers do cover the entire seats...none of the original seat is visible. Did you put them on while they were nice and warm...hence stretchy?

Unread 10-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #55
jimaug87
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Taking the chrome gill overlay off is easy and really helps out in the looks dept. When I did mine my Jeep was faded and rusty anyway (too rusty, I don't have it anymore ), so I wasn't worried about the condition of the paint underneath. The paint was fantastic. it looked goofy because that was the only part of my Jeep that didn't look 15 yrs old.

The way the overlay is fastened on, I would say yours should turn out the same. Taking the sticky rubber buffers off took some time tho.

Nice looking rig anyway
jimaug87 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2007, 04:09 PM   #56
Keene YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro95
My covers do cover the entire seats...none of the original seat is visible. Did you put them on while they were nice and warm...hence stretchy?

Well it was about 60 ... as warm as it will get now. My covers dont cover the hard plastic piece that covers the hinge. (reverse L) doesnt really look like it could cover that ....
Unread 10-13-2007, 06:23 PM   #57
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keene YJ
Well it was about 60 ... as warm as it will get now. My covers dont cover the hard plastic piece that covers the hinge. (reverse L) doesnt really look like it could cover that ....
Mine don't cover the plastic either...tucks behind. I like how they protect my seats, but they are starting to fade, after only one season in the sun.

Unread 10-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #58
Keene YJ
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Guess I will just have to paint that tan piece of plastic then ... doesnt look to good against the black and red.
Unread 10-18-2007, 05:54 PM   #59
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I got my 8-degree STEEL shims today, to replace my 4-degree aluminum shims. I'm a bit bummed that I don't have the time / means to do the install today...who am I kidding, I'll just have my daughter's boyfriend do it.

Unread 10-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #60
I<3Jeeps
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I've been wanting to get rid of my back seat bench and put seats in like yours that you have in your back seat. How'd you do it and where'd you buy em?
I<3Jeeps is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.