Jeffro's ride ... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro's ride ...

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comECGS American Made Stub ShaftsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Closed Thread
Unread 09-20-2007, 08:05 PM   #16
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrlSgt
Mine came with a lot of stainless on it and I'm getting rid of all of it also. A little here and a little there.
Yea, I'd much rather have black rusty accessories.........

Your YJ looks great Jeffro.

88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
Unread 09-20-2007, 09:38 PM   #17
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin
Your YJ looks great Jeffro.
Yours looks good too! I noticed you had similar rear seating....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Unread 09-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #18
zoomin0074

what kind of flares do you have on there? I need something wider but have the factory flare step thing like yours.
Red Jeep club #435
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:26 AM   #19
Ferrick
2003 TJ Wrangler 

What is it with red YJs and the chrome/SS hinges on the half doors?

I only ask because the PO of my Jeep had the same setup and I've seen it locally and online more times than I can count. I swapped mine out for the original red hinges and it looks strides better with a simple swap.

Nice rig, Jeffro!
Unread 09-21-2007, 09:40 AM   #20
tcourdin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomin0074
what kind of flares do you have on there? I need something wider but have the factory flare step thing like yours.
His or mine? I bought mine from Quadratec, back then the ad said "polyurethane wide flares", I think they changed them to Rugged Ridge brand. They work well, and keep the mud off the wife & kids. http://www.quadratec.com/products/12510_501_07.htm

So Jeffro, you lost the back seat to kids as well huh? My kids love it! I took the Daughter to Kindergarten this week in the Jeep, she smiled the whole way.
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
Unread 09-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #21
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomin0074
Mine are Xenon's.... http://www.quadratec.com/products/12510_00_07.htm

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 09-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #22
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrick
What is it with red YJs and the chrome/SS hinges on the half doors?

I only ask because the PO of my Jeep had the same setup and I've seen it locally and online more times than I can count. I swapped mine out for the original red hinges and it looks strides better with a simple swap.

Nice rig, Jeffro!
Thanks. Yeah, I wonder about the chrome/ss thing myself. I don't mind some of it, but I am seriously considering changing the door hinges. The only thing that bothers me is I'd have to use the ss fasteners...don't have any red ones. It must have been all the rage in 1995!

Unread 09-21-2007, 03:46 PM   #23
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcourdin
So Jeffro, you lost the back seat to kids as well huh? My kids love it! I took the Daughter to Kindergarten this week in the Jeep, she smiled the whole way.
I drive my twin girls (first graders) to school, in the Jeep, everyday. They love it, especially when the top is off. The other kids always oooo and aahhh... The girls crawl over the sides, they don't like to use the doors!

Unread 09-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #24
learfxr
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It looks much better with the stock bumper. I'm not a chrome fan either, mine is all white and black. I still have chrome strips on the door ledge, but they will go away some day.

I didn't even notice the chrome door hinges. I was looking at the grille. I would personally think about going red or black there. But it's your ride, make it what you want. It looks nice

00 TJ 8.8 swap, 35's and 4.88's
Unread 09-21-2007, 05:06 PM   #25
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by learfxr
....I was looking at the grille. I would personally think about going red or black there. But it's your ride, make it what you want. It looks nice
I was looking at that yesterday. Wondering what condition the original red is under the chrome overlay.....almost afraid to look.

Unread 09-22-2007, 10:40 PM   #26
jcourt667
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Those pictures have got to be from 1995!
Unread 09-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #27
kent l
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Nice jeep

Don't let the anti stanless and chrome guys get to you. The hinges wont rust, if you hate them that bad (sand prime and paint.) As far as the chrome grill goes some folks like them some don't. I kind of like them on all blacked out jeeps
Its your jeep do what you want.
Unread 09-23-2007, 12:30 PM   #28
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent l
Don't let the anti stanless and chrome guys get to you. The hinges wont rust, if you hate them that bad (sand prime and paint.) As far as the chrome grill goes some folks like them some don't. I kind of like them on all blacked out jeeps
Its your jeep do what you want.
I think I've come to the conclusion to leave the chrome/ss as is. The grill kind of bothers me...only because I can see the blinding reflection it throws. I'd hate to blind an on coming driver.

Unread 09-23-2007, 12:40 PM   #29
garin3
2007 JK Wrangler 

Where did you get those seat covers and what brand are they? Thanks
2007 jk rubicon unlimited, rescue green, rugged ridge bumpers, 9000# superwinch, 3" procomp lift and 1990 yj 4.2L, weber carb, tfi ignition, nuttered, bushwacker flares, 4" suspension lift, 33" cooper stt tires , Grey soft top, tinted windows, bikini top and red body
Unread 09-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #30
Panici
(O|||||||O)

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Umm, just a thought here, but maybe rough up the SS stuff a bit, then paint it with a red matched to the factory paint.

That way no rust, and color matched

590nm Jeep TJ Build+Life
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.