Jeffro's ride ... - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro's ride ...

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Closed Thread
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:44 PM   #151
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If you don't already have an aftermarket exhaust, you will love it and be glad you spent the money on it. I spent some money on a flowmaster and it is the one thing that you hear ALL THE TIME and it sounds so good.

Unread 04-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #152
Samgler
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Lookin' goof Jeffro. I'm loving the driveway art too!
(o)_) (o)_)=o)_)
^^^^^^^^^^^ 1995 YJ Sahara, 4.0L 5spd

Rubicon Express 4.5 extreme duty lift, SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft. Mickey Thompson MTZ 33x12.5R15 on d windows.
Unread 04-16-2008, 11:38 PM   #153
danielp
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherhemi View Post
WOW nice looking Jeep. I have been following your build from day one and have been taking notes on how to build my Jeep in the next few months. Looks great and love the color. BTW what did you do with the chrome front bumper?

he used that chrome bumper to make himself a nice bling necklace so all the homies can be jealous. like i am jealous of his jeep. end of story

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
95yj 4 happy squirrels going strong
31" BFG AT/KO
stock susp.
Unread 04-26-2008, 12:35 PM   #154
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tomorrow is my first trip to the Badlands with the Aussie locker, so hopefully I'll have a report on whether or not it was worth the money, and whether or not I'd say "Get one."

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #155
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Graham View Post
So how is the on-road driving? I'm very curious to hear what you think. I'm contemplating buying one of these too.
I went to the Badlands yesterday and gave the Aussie a pretty good test. It didn't hurt the way the Jeep handled at all. I did rock climbing and trails. The trails were muddy in places.

Overall I'd say the Aussie is a plus. I am not sorry I bought it at all. It made things I was doing without it a bit easier, and gave me the confidence to try things I hadn't.

Even though you can feel a bit more resistance in the steering wheel when turning, it made no difference on tight section of the trail. I didn't have to do three point turns.

On the rocks it was much the same, didn't really notice it was there, except when I climbed something and didn't need as much wheel speed as I had before.

If you want / need a locker and can't afford and ARB or OX right now, the Aussie in the front is not only a bargain, but it's effective.

Oh, and I drove the 380 or so mile round trip with no problems either. I was running 65+ at times and felt no vibes from the front drive shaft spinning or anything.

This seems to have proven itself to be a good investment.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 04-28-2008, 09:04 PM   #156
Mr.B
Wot's...uh The Deal?

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

You won't regret buying it.
Told ya so.
White '94 YJ 2.5L 5 speed, 35" BFGs KM2's, 5" lift, Mark VII 2 speed fan, Milemarker PE8000, Front Aussie Locker, Power steering conversion, '98 Cavalier seats, MORE Boomerangs in front, 136 amp ZJ alternator, JB conversions SYE, Tom Woods custom drive shaft, 8.8 with ARB, 4.88 gear ratio, Teralow

My Jeep

'89 XJ Laredo Bone Stock

Member:The Wrecking Crew

Ham license:
KB6(tooeasytosearch)

Everyone is Welcome
www.rubiconramblers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Sanderson
You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefstew
I may have proven that I am in fact an idiot, by all of your standards...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
Mr.B's post gets you as close to Buddha as you can get on JF...
Unread 04-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #157
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
Told ya so.
When you're right you're right!

Unread 05-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #158
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Graham View Post
If you don't already have an aftermarket exhaust, you will love it and be glad you spent the money on it. I spent some money on a flowmaster and it is the one thing that you hear ALL THE TIME and it sounds so good.
I didn't go with a Flowmaster, I just ordered a DynoMax catback system. I want (need) something quieter, but didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars and end up knocking it off with a rock...

I have no idea what the PO put under there, but I know it's not stock. It also isn't doing anything (muffler wise) but taking up space now. I have to take the top off just to make it quiet.

And a note to self: Did 5-tire rotation today @ 72,338 miles.

Last edited by Jeffro06; 05-09-2008 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: Note to self.
Unread 05-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #159
jmx663
1998 TJ Wrangler 

so jeff u think i will like the upgrades on my jeep, anything that compares to that aussie locker or do ya got me beat on that

OFFICIAL Upper Tellico "Virtual Rally" Thread post #421
Unread 05-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #160
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not at liberty to say.

Unread 05-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #161
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I bought a Bestop Safari bikini top, about three weeks ago, and haven't had a chance to try it, until today. It wasn't really all that nice out, but I needed to see if / how it fit. I have a standard bikini top, but it doesn't do much for my little ones.

It was only about 60 degrees when I put it on, and I let it lay in the "sun", while I took the top off, in hopes it would be more workable.

I'll tell ya, Bestop sure didn't leave me with much material to work with when it came to the straps...wow, what a fight I had getting the center strap to fasten. I hope the top stretches an inch or two when the temp gets over 70. I can put my entire soft top on quicker..

Here's how it looks.

Yes I'm still sporting the pink child seats....on my last year for those!

I took the girls for a spin, the top does give them the added coverage I was looking for, and it's quiet, no flapping....that could change when it actually gets warm out.

Unread 05-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #162
93jeepREDSOX
1993 YJ Wrangler 

My dad has the same top, it will probably expand a little more and then all you need to do is tighten everything again and it still won't flap. I like the way they look and the fact they cover most of the jeep. Looks good.
1993 YJ 4" RE lift, 1/2" shackles, AA SYE Kit, 33x12.50 Trxus M/T, Warn bumbers front and rear, Warn M8000 winch, 4 Hella fog lights, Magnaflow cat, flowmaster muffler with no tailpipe, herced tub, tj flares

HOW BOUT THEM REDSOX

My Rigrator score 535RRv1.0 BOA 25
Unread 05-15-2008, 07:11 PM   #163
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93jeepREDSOX View Post
My dad has the same top, it will probably expand a little more and then all you need to do is tighten everything again and it still won't flap. I like the way they look and the fact they cover most of the jeep. Looks good.
I figure it'll stretch if and when it warms up, but man those straps are short.

Unread 05-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #164
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

My new DynoMax Super Turbo exhaust came today...thank goodness.

Here it is...

First thing at hand, getting the old exhaust off. That should be easy since I knocked off the tailpipe just a couple of weeks ago. I wish. It was a rusty mess under there...see...

I tailpipe did not want to come out of the muffler. I figured it would fall right out...no such luck. It took about 10-minutes to convince it to come out.

The muffler was even worse. I had to grind off the old clamp...no way I was messing with those rusty nuts. The muffler and the catalytic converter loved each other...almost inseperable. I hit the muffler with a hammer a few times...30-50...felt like it anyway. And it moved a couple of inches, and stopped! I'm thinking to myself "how much more pipe can be in there?" It took a pipe wrench and some PB Blaster to get that final half and inch out of the cat.

Here's a side-by-side comparrison of the old and the new.

Now you would think the new muffler would slide right on the cat...wrong! They were the exact same diameter. A trip to Autozone for a sleeve to join them...an additional $2.50. Now here's where I wasn't thinking...I forgot to get my new clamps to hold the sleeve on the muffler and cat...duh! Another trip to AutoZone...two clamps....$5.00 more.

I retrurn home, crawl under the Jeep, which is still curb side in the street by the way, and guess what. The first clamp out of the box is part 2 1/2 inch part 2 1/4 inch clamp! Yep, another trip to AutoZone for the exchange. But this time I sent the wife, while I ate my dinner. No cost for the exchange, but I figure the 3 trips to AutoZone ran my $12.00 in gas.....just kidding...

I got the tail pipe in it's hangers...all three, not just two like the old one. Then the muffler and all clamps...done!!

It looks a little better under there....for now.

I wonder how long this shinny tail pipe will look this way...

It sounds good, quieter but good. The old one was way too loud. Now I can actually hear other stuff.....or should I say new noises...

I guess we'll see how she holds up this weekend at the Badlands.

Unread 05-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #165
joe's_yj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

i got that same exhaust, might want to paint the pipe and take the sticker off, it will smell. also your first trip through mud will make that shiny tailpipe have a tan tint to it. i took my tail pipe off and it dumps right under the cab.
The cheapest way to get a significant power increase over a stock 2.5l, would be to pull it out and put in a 5hp briggs & stratton engine.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.