Jeffro06's Rubicon - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Jeep Forums > Jeep Builds > Jeffro06's Rubicon

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #121
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tonights progress....more cellphone pics....

Got the antirock on, as far as I can without the jeep on the ground. Installed the steering stabilizer and put the front tires back on.

My friend had a busy day, and wasn't able to spend alot of time on my jeep until after 5pm, and some of that time was spent helping me with things up front. The rear upper shock bolts all broke off, all need to be drilled out and re-done. Hopefully tomorrow will be better than today was. I'd like to get this sucker on the road by the weekend......I kind of need it. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape, because there's no way I would be able to do this in my garage.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #122
CONNOR_99TJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle_craig View Post
Damn the front ones too!
very true! impact helps
CONNOR_99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 01:22 AM   #123
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I really want an anti rock

Maybe some xmas money will bring me one

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #124
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Day three of the lift install. I sure hope things go better today. There are two bolts left to deal with, then the shocks should be able to go in. I'm about to be in a pickle...I need the jeep. Part of the reason I bought a new one was so I wouldn't have to deal with it being out of service for long periods of time.....so much for that.

I have a dentist appointment this morning, then I have to go to work, so I hope my friend is having a better day than he had yesterday.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs

Unread 12-10-2010, 07:11 AM   #125
97tjeff
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey, if push comes to shove...you can drive it without shocks. It will be very bouncy, but its doable.
97tjeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 07:11 AM   #126
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Hopefully it goes better today Jeff, I know when I did mine it took only two nights but I had none of the typical problems (aka shock bolts).

On a side note, how does that yellow show salt? Looking at getting a new JK and can't decide between Yellow and Mango Tango. I figured you would have gotten red again for the "memories".

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 10:19 AM   #127
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's still not done, but it was sitting on it's own weight so I snapped a couple of shots....

Here it is with just the tires:

Lift on, kind of, still needs the rear shocks....

Things seem to be going better today.....so I'm hoping.

Unread 12-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #128
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

please report how the Anti-rock and the OME lift work together. I am thinking about the Anti-rock to add to my OME HD kit. i would assume this combo would be great together.

nice looking rubi!!!

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #129
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Crappy cellphone picture...done:

They ended up lifting the body off to get it done right, and in doing so they screwed up my 4wd shifter, so I took it back....

Unread 12-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #130
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good though. Let us know how she drives over the next few days with the tires and lift. I want feedback on those because I think they may be my next set of tires.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #131
CONNOR_99TJ
2010 JK Wrangler 

looks great!
CONNOR_99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 03:46 PM   #132
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
please report how the Anti-rock and the OME lift work together. I am thinking about the Anti-rock to add to my OME HD kit. i would assume this combo would be great together.

nice looking rubi!!!
Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Looks good though. Let us know how she drives over the next few days with the tires and lift. I want feedback on those because I think they may be my next set of tires.
I already like the tires better than the old MTR's, and hopefully I'll have it back to drive over the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONNOR_99TJ View Post
looks great!
Thanks.

Unread 12-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #133
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've got the jeep back, it's all done. Linkage just popped out. I hit the interstate, did 80mph, no drive line vibes!

The wife and I are going Christmas shopping, pictures will have to wait.

Unread 12-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #134
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro06 View Post
I've got the jeep back, it's all done. Linkage just popped out. I hit the interstate, did 80mph, no drive line vibes!

The wife and I are going Christmas shopping, pictures will have to wait.
You lucky SOB, I still have em even with a MML

Good to hear the Jeep is back, it looks great!

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #135
K.C.'sTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

It does look really good!

It's in the middle of nowhere, only one way to get there, you gotta get a little mud on the tires. - Brad Paisley
K.C.'sTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
badlands , indyorv , jeeps gone wild , photography , rokmen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.